Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you comfortable posting TS3 videos in TS4 Video Haven?

I’m a proponent of posting TS3 things in the TS3 section of the forums. And personally, I’m not comfortable posting my videos up in TS4 Video Haven. Should TS3 have its own Video Haven since there’s still a lot of us active in TS3?
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Are you comfortable posting TS3 videos in TS4 Video Haven? 19 votes

Yes
31%
GraceyManorSimplyJenInfraGreendeadhaus123ZeeGeeSunnyyesjams 6 votes
No
36%
cwaddelllisasc360stephAnie1864king_of_simcity7simmerLellaNikkei_SimmerEvie0602 7 votes
I didn’t understand the question; can i haz chhezburger?
31%
BabykittyjadebudewarminGoulsquashTodiloorubyskywalkerTurjan 6 votes

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I'd just post it in the TS3 Creative corner.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    @Nikkei_Simmer There's kind of a long story behind your question. The creative corner used to be up at the top of the forum and it was Sims 3 and 4 mixed. We begged and begged for a separate Sims 3 creative corner and finally got it. We were also supposed to get a separate video section in the Sims 3 creative corner. I went through the video section for the simguru at the time and copy/pasted links to all the Sims 3 content so it could be separated out and put in the Sims 3 video section. But it never happened for some reason.

So as for your question, yes, I am comfortable posting my sims 3 videos in the sims 4 section cause that's what I've always had to do from the beginning. But I haven't posted any of my stuff there in a really long while because it doesn't seem to get any interest. And I just don't think to go up there. So I started a post in the story telling section of Sims 3 to post about my video stories. That works for me. :smile:

ETA: And lol at the third option
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    No
    @ZeeGee; I did watch all the episodes that you posted up of Agnes and Cornelia (riveting stuff) and that in part was one of the reasons why I was seriously thinking of committing to a video series myself. It would be a challenge to keep up with the pace of writing a screenplay, getting the captions (can’t afford to hire voice actors) and shooting the various scenes needed for a smooth, believable story-line. In fact actually, I have an idea for an apocalyptic legacy as well...utilizing “Sunset Died”.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Yes
    @Nikkei_Simmer First, thank you so much for appreciating my series and it's so very encouraging to hear that it inspired you to do a series!

It is quite a challenge to produce sims machinima but it's so rewarding to see your characters come to life and tell their story. It sounds like you know what you're getting into. An apocalyptic legacy sounds super cool. If you go forward with this project, please consider entering it in SIFF!
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I don't know what that is. And don't bother with the chhezburger... I don't like hamburger.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No
    Some TS4 players would not want to see TS3 videos and vice versa

The Sims 3 has a strong creative community of our own!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I understood the question, Im just a sucker for burger
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    No
    No, of course not!

It's very clear what it's for.

I also not only wouldn't post Sims 5 speculation in the Sims 4 section, I feel annoyed seeing that all the current Sims 5 threads go there. There's one very good defense for this too: it will skew responses toward the wants of Sims 4 players. NOOOOO! :( I saw someone ask for Sims 5 adults to have 4 traits with similar compromises down the ages (and with other features). Some players want to settle and compromise and taint the feedback (on the other hand, the devs may never see us here, haha).

Sorry for the digression. I definitely like the visuals separate and can hardly follow anyone on Twitter because I don't like seeing much TS4 visually. I don't and wouldn't go in that section. I wouldn't think to. I now wonder if I'm missing out on TS3 stuff (although I don't like going through all the screenshot threads, sorry).

That said I like to simplify my forum browsing and first go to Recent Discussions, then maybe TS3 general, and that's it. I'm bad. Tehe. o:) I kind of think there are too many TS3 sections since they don't all have a common "home" listing as far as I've seen.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    No

It was either no or the 3rd option.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Yes
    I meant to click no not yes.
    I have a few videos I would love to share, but I'm petrified of the sims 4 section.I heard people never return once they cross over LOL
    Yes
    @GraceyManor Lol, I actually wish I'd clicked 'no' also. Because despite my long explanation above, I must not be comfortable posting videos there cause I don't do it anymore. :smile:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    No
    I’m noticing a lot of no’s just like my own response. I’d feel much better if we had a specific section in Sims 3’s forums to showcase our TS3 videos but I’m not sure that TPTB here truly understand just how divided the camps are between the two games.

We wouldn’t get the constructive feedback that we needed if all we got from sticking our videos up in TS4 Video Haven was a ~yawn~ “meh; Tl;DW don’t like TS3 “

At least here we’d have a place to consolidate our TS3 videos and get feedback from other TS3 viewers. And for me the problem with sticking it in the creative corner Stories & Legacies is how quickly the section moves with all the written chapters. A video posted in that section of the forums would end up on p3 by the end of the day. :smirk:

An exclusive TS3 Video Haven gives TS3 video creators a chance to have some more time in terms of exposure.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I don't post videos, but if I did, I would place them where those interested could easily find them to watch.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Yes
    It's sad that there's no TS3 video section but I used to post about my TS3 stories on the TS4 stories board with no resistance, so you could have the same results. I have a lot of problems with that community now but I actually wish it was for posting stuff from the wrong game, lol.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr