Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which DLC Store Venue should I look at getting

I have the bakery thanks to my @Featherbelle who bought it for me. But now I’m getting itchy for some new STORE items. :mrgreen: i know that store is going to break my wallet.

I’m interested in new harvestables and recipes. So that is a point to consider.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Which DLC Store Venue should I look at getting 23 votes

Stones Throw Greenhouse
13%
Anmirlacwaddellbudewarmin 3 votes
Business as Usual Bistro
26%
Emily4331suzsesZhakiraPzagboorulesGabbyGirlJSigzy05 6 votes
Grandpa’s Grove Orchard
34%
GraceyManorParyMikezumiemorrillZeeGeejordandGreylady624LRSSniper 8 votes
Other (state which one)
26%
starguruigazorBettyboop55bekkasansimmerLellaKevinL5275 6 votes

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2019
    Grandpa’s Grove Orchard
    Dang! I voted before I finished reading. Bohemian Garden comes with new harvestables but I don't think it comes with recipes although the fruit and nuts can be used in nectar making.

Edit to add: If you want new plants and recipes I suggest this.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Grandpa’s Grove Orchard
    Picked GG as well, the tractor is so much fun.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2019
    Stones Throw Greenhouse

I like the greenhouse because of the building components. I never use the actual venue. I also really like the swift-grow gardening station (which can be bought separately and is on sale right now). I like a few of the decorative items that come with the venue - the farm fresh flowers, bucket of flowers and the vintage finds, lots of signs. They each add 8 points to the environmental value of a room.

I don't have GG but bought the tractor separately. Although I haven't used it yet I will the next time I play a farm situation.

I think the tractor is good for a farm but a greenhouse is better for a residential lot
    5sBIFRW.jpg

or community garden lot/conservatory.
    g1bxBad.jpg

I've also made a small sun room/Florida room attached to a house using the greenhouse windows and the square sunburst skylight that came with Roaring Heights. Couldn't find a picture right now. (If interested I can dig one up.)
    Post edited by cwaddell on
    Stones Throw Greenhouse
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Dang! I voted before I finished reading. Bohemian Garden comes with new harvestables but I don't think it comes with recipes although the fruit and nuts can be used in nectar making.

The Bohemian Garden comes with 8 new harvestables - fruits and nuts.

Brunch at the Old Mill has corn.

The Humble Harvest Stand comes with the Al Fresco Street Market but can be bought separately and is on sale right now. It has lemon trees and eggplant bush.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Business as Usual Bistro
    I decided to be different. :p I can't imagine my game without the greenhouse or the bistro sets. While I like grandpa's grove, too, it seems I usually don't want to devote space to the tractor. Also love the bakery and bohemian garden, but I seem to be a cooking/gardening fanatic with this game.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Other (state which one)
    I do like the greenhouse and bistro items, but if I had to choose between the three you listed, I’d pick Grandpa’s Grove. The tractor is fun for hay rides and is useful for when you have a huge garden, and it includes the orange trees.

The mention of the Bohemian Garden set is a good one too because it has so many new harvestables. Not only are they useful in nectar-making, but they are a perfect complement to your new bakery set with all the pies you can make with the baker’s station.

However, IDK if you have the Brunch at the Old Mill set? If not, that would be my preferred pick, because of the canning station. The tea set is also nice, you can fish in the water wheel, and the set also comes with cucumbers and corn.
    The canning station is even better (with more options, recipes and fixes) if you use the Canning Station Overhaul mod from MTS. http://modthesims.info/d/580462/canning-station-overhaul-update-aug-2-2016.html

One of my Sim’s canning collections:
    canningshelves_zpsbuslzrto.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Other (state which one)
    Which ever one is on sale next on the Daily Deals.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Did some checking on the SIMS3Store and listed all premium items in the sets along with their harvestables. It might help me to make a decision. And the canning station and the Swift-Gro Gardening station are looking quite interesting.

1. Grandpa’s Grove -tractor;
    Harvestable: orange trees (comes with the tractor)

2. Bohemian Garden -
    Harvestable: Strawberries,
    Blueberries, Raspberries,
    Blackberries, Peaches, Pears
    Cocoa Beans for Chocolate

3. Business As Usual Bistro - It’s Business-Time Industrial Oven.
    Harvestable: none
    New Recipes: none
    Opportunity: to create a food
    service business

4. Stone’s Throw Greenhouse
    Greenhouse build objects;
    Swiftgro gardening station
    Harvestable: Farm Fresh
    Flowers, Sunflowers

5. Al Fresco Street Market
    Humble Harvest Stands
    Harvestable: Eggplant, Lemon
    Tree

6. Brunch at the Old Mill
    Grandma’s Canning Station
    Harvestable: cucumber and
    corn (decorative and harvestable)

Let me know if I’m missing any others.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    Other (state which one)
    This all seems like a tremendous amount of effort and analysis to me for something the OP is just going to keep blowing up anyway... (and I'm pretty sure he's not going to mind me pointing this out). >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    This all seems like a tremendous amount of effort and analysis to me for something the OP is just going to keep blowing up anyway... (and I'm pretty sure he's not going to mind me pointing this out). >:):p

Nope, I don’t mind at all. Well...after all @igazor you do happen to be right after all. Of course detonations usually happen when one of the Frio boys are on site example being when Jared Frio ends up showing up at said venue, makes an utter jerk out of himself so much so that the Watcher gets tired of him and ends up nailing him with a meteor for being a cranial reversion orifice. The other time is when there are recalcitrant sims that do not do what they’re supposed to do.

Screenshot-10.jpg

Screenshot-70.jpg
    Happy happy joy joy. :mrgreen: Watcher is good; Watcher is wise. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited October 2019
    Other (state which one)
    :D

wheres_the_kaboom.jpg

@Nikkei-Simmer — Just some slight corrections to your list:

1. Apologies if it was my previous post that gave the wrong impression; to clarify, I meant to say Grandpa’s Grove comes with the orange trees. AFAIK, the orange trees come with the venue, not with the tractor itself (if purchased separately).

2. On the Store page, the Bohemian Garden set lists 7 of the 8 harvestables that come with it—the 8th one not listed is the pecan tree.

4. The Greenhouse venue does not come with new harvestables (the flowers are a décor item and the PVZ Sunflower is an interactive object which produces collectible sunlight to use as fertilizer).

6. The Brunch at the Old Mill set includes 3 premium content items: Grandma’s Canning Station, The Old Miller Tea Time Tea Set and the Old Mill Water Wheel.

Good luck with your decision detonation plans! ;)
    Other (state which one)
    @starguru - I just finished a very long, grueling day at work and your Marvin the Martian pic made me laugh for about two minutes. So thanks, I needed that! :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Stones Throw Greenhouse

Here are pictures of using the greenhouse windows and the skylight from Roaring Heights to make a sun room.

YBUFI9X.jpg
    pUhHy8M.jpg

It can be used for plants in a planter or potted plants, an artist's easel or a bird perch/tree.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Other (state which one)
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Which ever one is on sale next on the Daily Deals.

I agree and then get them all this way. o:)B)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    Other (state which one)
    @starguru - I just finished a very long, grueling day at work and your Marvin the Martian pic made me laugh for about two minutes. So thanks, I needed that! :D
    Lol, you're welcome! (Did you read the quote in his voice? Cuz that'll do it. xD)
    Other (state which one)
    starguru wrote: »
    Lol, you're welcome! (Did you read the quote in his voice? Cuz that'll do it. xD)
    Of course. Followed by "Someone has stolen my Illudium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator! This makes me very angry, very angry indeed!" :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Business as Usual Bistro
    Did some checking on the SIMS3Store and listed all premium items in the sets along with their harvestables. It might help me to make a decision. And the canning station and the Swift-Gro Gardening station are looking quite interesting.

1. Grandpa’s Grove -tractor;
    Harvestable: orange trees (comes with the tractor)

2. Bohemian Garden -
    Harvestable: Strawberries,
    Blueberries, Raspberries,
    Blackberries, Peaches, Pears
    Cocoa Beans for Chocolate

3. Business As Usual Bistro - It’s Business-Time Industrial Oven.
    Harvestable: none
    New Recipes: none
    Opportunity: to create a food
    service business

4. Stone’s Throw Greenhouse
    Greenhouse build objects;
    Swiftgro gardening station
    Harvestable: Farm Fresh
    Flowers, Sunflowers

5. Al Fresco Street Market
    Humble Harvest Stands
    Harvestable: Eggplant, Lemon
    Tree

6. Brunch at the Old Mill
    Grandma’s Canning Station
    Harvestable: cucumber and
    corn (decorative and harvestable)

Let me know if I’m missing any others.

L shaped stairs come with this "venue" as well as the tea set. This is one of the few that might be worth the asking price.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2019
    Grandpa’s Grove Orchard
    The DD rotation is currently at 369. Grandpa's Grove (1710SP) will be at its cheapest DD price (475SP) at 640.

78. Bohemian Garden - 646SP
    887. Al Fresco - 496SP
    945. Business As Usual - 646SP
    952. Stone's Throw - 760SP
    948. Brunch at Old Mill - 442SP
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Other (state which one)
    All of the above.

I personally use the greenhouse items more often as it makes gardening much easier especially if you have seasons in. I rarely use the venue. The tractor is fun for large farming families and for the 'hay ride'. I would put the Bistro at the end of the list. I also use the Brunch items with every one of my saves. I seem to love canning! If I had to pick one to do first it would be the greenhouse. All that glass would make for lovely explosive wounds in your sims. >:)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Other (state which one)
    I would have said the Greenhouse as it offers protection for your plants from the elements or any stray, plant loving zombies who might pop up. However in terms of harvestables the Bohemian Garden offers a great new selection and is particularly valuable to any player who has gardening sims or fairies.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita