Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play sims 3?!? (as well as sims 4)?!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    another answer?
    I finally got sims 2 back so no I don't play 4 any longer. I'm going to stick with 2 until they fix the game (most likely won't happen)or paralives comes out.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    another answer?
    i have stop playing sims2 and sims3 more focus on the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    No
    taydev wrote: »
    I really want to revisit TS3, but my main save world is grayed out, along with a couple of others and I don't know how to get them back, sadly. Also, I've gotten so used to TS4's much simpler way of downloading mods/cc that I've forgotten TS3's way of doing it. I'd play both if I could.

Well, I finally got my main save up and running, but have no desire to play. I just wanted to revisit my old builds and sims, and I’m satisfied with that.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes. Though the poor optimization of Sims 3 rather deters me from playing it much. I have it installed and tweaked for best experience plus installed some NRaas mods. But currently, Sims 4 is making me tick.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Yes
    I play sims 2, 3, and 4. I have saves I play regularly in all 3. The sims 2 crashes frequently so I play that less than the other two sims games. If it didn't crash so often I would probably play it the most as it has a lot of cool features that I miss. The sims 4 plays the best but the sims feel all the same. I love the look of the sims but hate their dull personalities.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes
    I go back and forth, but Sims4 is my main game. Sims3 has so much to do, and I own everything EA released for it. But it is heavily modded and tweaked. Sims4 is also heavily modded and tweaked, but that's a different story. And I don't own all the packs and probably never will. I play one save in Sims3 that is probably seven or eight years old. I also keep a test save for Sims3 because my fourteen year old granddaughter has started creating mods for it, and I test them out for her. She loves Sims3 and wants to see if she can 'fix' it. I encouraged her to at least try, and she is really making progress with it. I wouldn't be surprised if she succeeds in what she wants to do. And I'm learning a few new things I never tried before, so it's become a pet project for us.
  • Options
    kayen_keagenkayen_keagen Posts: 53 Member
    another answer?
    I’ve played sims 3 while sims 4 was still new.. I agree with OP I love open world.. but then again.. my laptop wasn’t the greatest at handling sims 3.. and plus having the not open world for sims 4 makes it a whole lot better loading.. I would like to get back into sims 3.. but for right now sims 4 has my attention
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    another answer?
    I have never played Sims 3 *gasp*, but Ive been seeing a lot of gameplay of it lately on YT and Im seriously thinking of buying it. Probably base game and supernaturals because we still dont have werewolves in Sims 4 *gives stinkeye to EA*
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2019
    another answer?
    I WISH.

Look, I WOULD, but my new computer unexpectedly did not have as much space as I needed, so I have to budget the space I'm using. Sims 3 happens to take up a lot of space, and I was also unable to reinstall all the packs I had. So it had to go..... for now.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    No
    I sometimes go back to sims 2 ;)
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sometimes
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sometimes
    I played it when I stayed at a friends and I'm considering getting it and some packs. I hated the CAS, graphics and camera but the gameplay blew me away. Sims spooning in their sleep! My cheating sims husband found out and autonomously divorced her! My werewolf TODDLER could practise hunting and as a child had a werewolf form and howled at the moon. It actually felt like the sims had personalities, at least in comparison to sims 4 they did. They also did a much better job of simulating being aware of other sims. I liken sims 4 sims to individuals suffering with certain personality disorders, locked in their own little worlds and often even when doing an activity 'together' they never seem to realize another sim is there. I'm looking at you, 'Fish together'.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    No
    I haven't played Sims 3 in over 7-8 years. It destroyed several of my old laptops so I gave up on it haha

I do have times where I wanna try it out again, because I did love it back then. I still have some of my old discs and codes, but I'm not sure if they would work still (I can't remember the login info for my old Sims 3 account). I thought about asking Origin if they could add them to my library if i could prove they were mine, but I always end up not doing it :# But if i actually managed to get it in my library, I would probably spend hours on downloading CC, play the actual game for 30 minutes and then go back to TS4 :P
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sometimes
    @musteni So, you don't play it anymore? Is it an issue with your computer or is it a rare occasion of you replaying nostalgia?

I've always considered that generation to be the best thus far out of the 4 games out. And the physical copies bring back some highly good memories I've had. :) Probably because I was around its peak.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I didn't even play the Sims 3 when it was the current game. I didn't like it. :D

I didn’t care for it either, it crashed from the beginning. And had too many rabbit hole. I gave up early on that one.
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Yes
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    I have on occasion tried going back to Sims 3, but the only thing I like better in Sims 3 is World Adventures. It's not enough for me to make it my primary Sims game.

Omg I loved World Adventures!
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sometimes
    I used to play sims 3 almost exclusively a few months ago, but the looks of the sims and the occasional lag and bugs kinda killed it for me, as well as one of my favorite saves just completely bugging out to unplayability. I sometimes try to load up the game, but usually only go as far as cas since it's so annoying to create unique looking sims with the sliders.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    No
    I only play 2 and 4. 3 is permentaly shelved.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    No
    @musteni So, you don't play it anymore? Is it an issue with your computer or is it a rare occasion of you replaying nostalgia?

I've always considered that generation to be the best thus far out of the 4 games out. And the physical copies bring back some highly good memories I've had. :) Probably because I was around its peak.

You mean TS3? Originally I didn't buy the game because I assumed my laptop wouldn't run it. Then years later with a proper desktop I got it for free. Still I never got into it because I didn't like how the sims looked. Playing TS3 wouldn't feel nostalgic because I only tried it for about ten hours. Returning to TS2 on the other hand I'm sure would feel super nostalgic for me. I just never do that because I'm too busy with my TS4 sims. I really think one day I should give it a go.