Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body Hair ~ Yes or No?

I know that lots of people would like body hair to be added to The Sims 4. I was wondering just how many people that really is- is it a minority or majority? Would you prefer it to come with werewolves? The options are giving in an out of 10 format. 1 being a NO NO NO and 10 being a YES YES YES I NEED! Roughly, anyways.
funny-gifs20.gif

Body Hair ~ Yes or No? 358 votes

10/10
50%
crocobauraLeGardePourprewindweaverIcewolfJasesketchesOolonglongdanacnbrettNianaSleepycatDSLMontrase102Bloosmoowickichickirishdragon7SnuffyBucketSimQueenie9mcorralLeo2009SSAIsa_MenezesAzzureRain 182 votes
9/10
8%
SimmervilleaprilroseasimbsimSuceressBagoas77Thangwenjheyjuneiceannaliese39WaytoomanyUIDsadduapinaInternal_ChaosawlchickLouise_G0325Izzeh96FirandeChatsaTodilooLoftyyFurryModSpinelBelphegorCat 29 votes
8/10
5%
babajayneAnmirlaSavorySagemock68KennziKaigeSweetJealousyGorgeoiousxitneverendssSindocatDoloresGreySilentKittyhappyopiAriaMad2PrisinkiaizecsonfinnhEnnaelAnonymousSimmer2017chons95Nightwolf225 20 votes
7/10
5%
AlrynnIsb917AuroraBoreallisluthienrisingMissyHissypajamajam07kristenleighwhiteHermitgirlsimlotteGeckogamesLinzzRememberJoySimmingaljadonbakescoogee78Rhiannonravenquæktemporalgod 18 votes
6/10
3%
barracuda1574MirichaHollyHanoAlbaWaterhouseSimTrippyClarionOfJoyMarduc_PlaysCheetahAlyssaRouensimsQueenarellaafternoonbaboon 11 votes
5/10
8%
auroraael14Kita5399CamkatPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegTheSpotted_CelemmeleDijktafoneMariefoxprice83ChampandGirlieColey666Lemon405MrMonty96Simtown15Pamtastic72Evilyn_1007Evie0602DOKKOMAmandèleWildIrishBanshee 29 votes
4/10
2%
Frn0731SimsprocfunhaneulHannaZojaDeKayFanPhorianerdfashionCygnus2II2Ember_Fox 9 votes
3/10
4%
NighteyeslisamwittSimburianislerouxAncientMuseAnthonydyerkatka_kynclovaXxAirixXEnkiSchmidtRedShoe7StrawberryYogurtMcFizzleShizzleGamingTweetyMindsimscreatePreCiiousKimmerCAMFAM2018 17 votes
2/10
3%
AyradyssIObelleFoxrox77pammiechickCandiGir1LiELFpinneduphairHuiiie_07RavenSpitLibertyTheFreecody6268heyrobertoVicariousHumanCalico45 14 votes
1/10
8%
julienrob2004SusanaLeotesimgirl1010friendlysimmersg01denswandragonfreakFinvolaAPottsluxsylvanblur0seSimJinxgarapoesdirty_milosRaichisimsHearts4uTamakiSakura84Nindigosmurfy77hermioniaBradyGalaxy 29 votes

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    10/10
    I don't care how we get body hair patched in with werewolves in a Generations expansion as long as we get it the sooner the better.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    8/10
    I already use a mod for that and switching it out on every sim would tire me out, but still yes.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2019
    10/10
    Totally would love it to come in general werewolf or not and yes I am using a CC for it for now too. LumiaLoverSims just makes the best CC for guys. I still would like werewolves too.:
    0671002d3715aad511108ab0d1b6ff3d.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    10/10
    As long as it looks like Luumialovers, then absolutely. I don't understand how we've gone so far with perfectly smooth sims.

Also if it came with werewolves I'd be ecstatic.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    10/10
    Another occult does not interest me, but body hair does. Hairless males look odd.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    10/10
    Honestly if you don't want it don't use it :p It would just be a cosmetic thing. Of course sims could spawn with it, but...wouldn't that make the game more realistic? You'd still be able to edit sims through manage worlds and what not.

I do not care about werewolves, and people in real life don't need to be werewolves to have body hair lmao.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    3/10
    I didn't mind the option in TS3 but never used it anyway, apart from the werewolves. It would be the same for me in TS4.. it doesn't really match my current maxis match style so I wouldn't use it but it wouldn't bother me
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
    edited October 2019
    10/10
    I didn't mind the option in TS3 but never used it anyway, apart from the werewolves. It would be the same for me in TS4.. it doesn't really match my current maxis match style so I wouldn't use it but it wouldn't bother me

If they ever add body hair, it would have to be in "maxis match" style lol They aren't going to add something that doesn't match sim's actual hair, beard and eyebrow textures/art style.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    10/10
    We might as well have it, since we have facial hair. Most dudes don't shave their body hair, and most of the ones who do are involved in sports where they have to show a lot of skin (swimming, biking...pro wrestling...). Oh, and leg and armpit hair for the ladies. Not every woman on the planet carves out time in her grooming routine to sheer her armpits bald. Really. Shaving your pits is a hassle...and it always itches like the Devil when it starts growing back. That's why I quit doing it years ago!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    10/10
    I have CC that adds leg and pit hair for ladies and tbh it def works for some of my sims.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    5/10
    Take it or leave it. I don't care. I never used it in TS3 either.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    10/10
    Not for myself, I’m done with Sims 4. But when someone says body h... I say YES!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    5/10
    I don't care for overly hairy Sims but i do like hairy accents like my hubby has on some of my sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    2/10
    I would only use it for Werewolves and "monsters", so I'd actually prefer fur. I hate body hair, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    10/10
    I’m surprised TS4 still hasn’t added body hair, honestly.
    edited October 2019
    10/10
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I’m surprised TS4 still hasn’t added body hair, honestly.

So much for inclusivity immaright? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    3/10
    It's not a question of actually disliking it but I wouldn't want too many over-hairy Maxis Sims wandering around Sulani without my permission. :)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    5/10
    I don't like body hair as an aesthetic, and will never use it when designing sims myself. If we had it, I'd probably remove it from any sim added to my core family who developed/had it.

I absolutely think body hair should be in the game for those who do like it.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    6/10
    Light Bodyhair would be ok to accentuate manlieness. Plz no shoulder and backhair. ^^'
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    edited October 2019
    10/10
    Light Bodyhair would be ok to accentuate manlieness. Plz no shoulder and backhair. ^^'

I think, just like Luumialover's body hair, it should come in a 'range' of sorts from just stomach hair, then + arms and legs, to arms+legs+chest(light), to arms+legs+chest(heavy), to arms+legs+chest(heavy)+back/shoulder+(butt?)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    9/10
    I want hairy werewolves first and foremost, but I would love body hair for all sims. More facial hair would be welcome too.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    4/10
    To me, body hair looks to alpha. No matter how much the creator claims that the body hair is maxis match, it always looks like alpha CC to me and I am strongly against alpha CC. I'd be okay if we got it with werewolves- but that is the only case.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    1/10
    Ew, no.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    10/10
    thecatsred wrote: »

I think, just like Luumialover's body hair, it should come in a 'range' of sorts from just stomach hair, then + arms and legs, to arms+legs+chest(light), to arms+legs+chest(heavy), to arms+legs+chest(heavy)+back/shoulder+(butt?)
    I think it should be separated into different categories like legs arms chest and back instead of forcing heavy or light hair I'm always for the most customization possible. If it was separated unlike Luumialover's you would be able to pick heavy on legs but light on arms and no hair on chest or back or any other combo you see fit.

I'm still annoyed beards and stubble were not separated being forced to use a baby face with a goatee is so wrong.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    8/10
    Calibrating my vote: 8 is still VERY high. I do want this, as my most-desired customization option. I don't want it enough to go grab CC for it, but I avoid CC generally. To rate a 9, it would have to be a feature I would not play without it modded in. To be a 10, it would need to be a feature without which I'd be unwilling to play the game at all. Same-sex romance options, for instance, is a 10. Gender fluidity in clothing and hair options is, historically, a 9 - I did mod that into my TS3 play.

I would be fine if this were a pre-patch for Werewolves. Less fine if it required a Werewolf GP, and less than less fine if it were restricted to Sims who were themselves Werewolves. People are mammals. Mammals have hair. Male humans tend to have body hair, and I mostly play men. Also, hairless Werewolves would be creepy and would make me sad. A shame, as they are a favorite of mine.