Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Why must you break my heart @squirrelwithacup ???
    Poor Orion doesn’t deserve this... he’s much too tender hearted for this abuse.

We all know that kid isn’t his. Tiffany has been around the block more times than a desperate ice cream truck.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    More heartbreak for Orion...Tiffany is just.... I have no words. :sob::sob: When he made the decision to leave I was so proud of him and then...she pulled the 'I'm pregnant' card and I felt my stomachs drop with him. Orion is too good a person to abandon a child, especially if it might be his. The lowest blow was when she threatened to abort if he left. The child is already being held hostage...:sob:

@TheAemaSimming
    I think we were all proud of him for that first moment of bravery but... then it all came crashing down. You're right, he couldn't just abandon a child. He may not know that it's his for sure yet but... he does know what that kid would be subjected to if he did leave. And he wouldn't want that for any child. It isn't their fault if they aren't his. :sob: This is just a terrible situation, and the moment he thought he'd be free... he was imprisoned, just like the child that will grow up in the midst of all of this chaos. I only hope Onyx and Amelia will figure out what's going on before it gets worse. Agreed that was a low blow. I can't imagine what our poor boy is feeling... :sob:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    Why must you break my heart @squirrelwithacup ???
    Poor Orion doesn’t deserve this... he’s much too tender hearted for this abuse.

We all know that kid isn’t his. Tiffany has been around the block more times than a desperate ice cream truck.

@TheYayToast That's just my job as a writer. ;)
    I know you guys are holding out that it isn't his. But I've gotta admit... 'desperate ice cream truck' had me ROLLING. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I hope it's okay that I'm stalking this thread for the next chapter... I really have to know...
    WHO'S THE FATHER!?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    @squirrelwithacup
    Here's my plan.....we secretly abduct Orion, Sophie, and the baby (when it gets here) and put them in the witness protection program or hide them in ROM world somewhere. I wish he knew a few of those mischief spells right about now and turn her into a frog or something.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I have no idea how to do spoilers sorry :( But what a monster! I know I shouldn't say this but well done on tackling male domestic abuse, it doesn't get talked about often enough in rl and it is a very real problem with a heck of a lot of shame attached to it. It looks like you have us all now in suspense and I'm with @mamasquirrel on this issue. We should all storm the place! It makes you want to take him to one side and tell him to eat three bulbs of garlic, that'd sort her out, it'd prove her abuse and if I were him I'd do it as soon as she popped the sprog regardless of whose it is. No child should have a mother like that. Great writing btw, you know you're doing it right when everyone is up in arms invested in a character :)
    I hope it's okay that I'm stalking this thread for the next chapter... I really have to know...
    WHO'S THE FATHER!?

@nerdfashion It won't be out AS fast as the last one. I'm giving myself at least a few days to rest after both of those consecutive chapters and then back to work. Expect it... maybe in a week, give or take? I'm not sure yet.
    I'm actually waiting for Maury's test results.
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup
    Here's my plan.....we secretly abduct Orion, Sophie, and the baby (when it gets here) and put them in the witness protection program or hide them in ROM world somewhere. I wish he knew a few of those mischief spells right about now and turn her into a frog or something.

@mamasquirrel
    That's an excellent idea. I'd love to see her be a frog. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    I have no idea how to do spoilers sorry :( But what a monster! I know I shouldn't say this but well done on tackling male domestic abuse, it doesn't get talked about often enough in rl and it is a very real problem with a heck of a lot of shame attached to it. It looks like you have us all now in suspense and I'm with @mamasquirrel on this issue. We should all storm the place! It makes you want to take him to one side and tell him to eat three bulbs of garlic, that'd sort her out, it'd prove her abuse and if I were him I'd do it as soon as she popped the sprog regardless of whose it is. No child should have a mother like that. Great writing btw, you know you're doing it right when everyone is up in arms invested in a character :)

For future reference all you do is [ spoiler ] but without the spaces! :)
    I completely agree. I really wanted to tackle domestic violence somewhere in Nightshade because it's a very real issue, but I realize that domestic violence toward men does happen ALL THE TIME, even though no one ever talks about it, or just shames and invalidates men who do experience it... so, I set out to make sure I gave it the representation it deserves. We're always reading about female victims, sometimes it's good to be reminded men are victims too.

I agree. No kid should have to have a mother like her and he knows that... which is why he feels as though he can't leave now. I know everyone's in suspense and rooting for him to pull through this mess. :heartbreak: And thank you so much for the compliment!! I'm really glad you're all invested in Orion because I am too.
    37oYgl3.png
    Thank you! I'll try and remember how you do it :)
    For all of my patiently waiting readers on the edge of their seats -- the next chapter is now currently in production and I am working to release it as soon as possible. Are you ready for what's next? :wink:
    37oYgl3.png
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited October 2019
    I think I speak for all of us when I say I hope so! :#
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
    doggers123 wrote: »
    I think I speak for all of us when I say I hope so! :#

Indeed you do. ;)
    37oYgl3.png
    For all of my patiently waiting readers on the edge of their seats -- the next chapter is now currently in production and I am working to release it as soon as possible. Are you ready for what's next? :wink:

Yes, yes I am ready. I don't care if... if... if the arcane stabs Onyx with a wooden stake! I just want to know who the babies father is. :weary:
    funny-gifs20.gif

Yes, yes I am ready. I don't care if... if... if the arcane stabs Onyx with a wooden stake! I just want to know who the babies father is. :weary:

@nerdfashion Nah, they should save that stake for *ahem* somebody else... not Onyx. :joy: I'm working hard, I promise! You will find out the baby's father very soon!
    37oYgl3.png

@nerdfashion Nah, they should save that stake for *ahem* somebody else... not Onyx. :joy: I'm working hard, I promise! You will find out the baby's father very soon!

Yes, agreed on that. Can't wait!
    funny-gifs20.gif

@

@nerdfashion Agree, that stake should be for.....someone else.....although Onyx is not a meat eater, that man deserves a very nice steak dinner instead.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    @

@nerdfashion Agree, that stake should be for.....someone else.....although Onyx is not a meat eater, that man deserves a very nice steak dinner instead.

He deserves a nice tofu dinner then.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@

@nerdfashion Tofu turkey dinner will all the trimmings...oh my goodness, got me thinking about the upcoming holidays yum!
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    @squirrelwithacup I can see the thunderstorm brewing.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    @

@nerdfashion Tofu turkey dinner will all the trimmings...oh my goodness, got me thinking about the upcoming holidays yum!

Now I'm hungry. But that could also be because it's lunch time here...
    funny-gifs20.gif

@

@nerdfashion Me too lol. Need to grab the popcorn and wait the the "tea" that is coming.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    No, I'm not ready, I mean yes, do I mean no.....no I mean yes. Yes!
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    No, I'm not ready, I mean yes, do I mean no.....no I mean yes. Yes!

@Bloosmoo I think we all better get ready. Knowing Squirrel as well as I do (cause I'm her mom), I think we better prepare ourselves now. Get all of your supplies ready and at hand....popcorn for the tea, kleenex for the tears, band-aids for the wounds, pillows for the punches, and hold on to your hats...I think this ride is going to get more interesting.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    @

Now you're making me hungry! Stop, I'm trying to screenshot Nightshade guys! :joy:
    37oYgl3.png