Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game doesn't recognize apartment balconies as "outside" - can't sunbathe

While creating an apartment for my sim in San Myshuno, I added some new lounge chairs on the outdoor balcony, however my sim can't sunbathe on them because the game recognizes these spaces as inclosed rooms. Is there any work around for this?

Comments

• Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Do you have a roof on your balcony? If so is there any way you can remove it to see if that helps? My outdoor sims get upset if there is a roof over their heads. I find it strange that they don't consider it outside on their deck but can grow their garden in the basement.
  • Options
    Anfernee93PAnfernee93P Posts: 42 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Do you have a roof on your balcony? If so is there any way you can remove it to see if that helps? My outdoor sims get upset if there is a roof over their heads. I find it strange that they don't consider it outside on their deck but can grow their garden in the basement.

You can't place roofs on apartment lots, so, no.

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    This happened to me too, I think the balcony of the upstairs appartment counts as blocking the sun and thus the interaction.
    It's not a very good design decision, a room without walls should be enough to tan but eh.
  • Options
    RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    You should post this in Answers HQ under bugs, that should get EA's attention and might lead to them fixing it in the future :)