Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wizard beards, robes and Occult jobs

AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm still waiting for there to be some occult jobs to take up

fortune tellers
paranormal investigator
vampire hunters
with the theme of realm of magic maybe even something like an Auror (basically magic police)

And skills like tarot card reading and crystal ball fortune telling you can do in your house with a job based decoration, my sims have been unemployed for too long.

The one other thing we are going to desperately need soon are wizard beards, there have been a couple of nice beards added recently but...

JAbVWmI.jpg

We need wizard beards and robes for aged spellcasters, you can't have a wise old wizard without a long beard and fashionable robes it's just illogical.

Comments

• NeverBirdNeverBird Posts: 17 Member
    would be so cool if elderly casters used a staff as walking stick - but that would kinda depend on EA doing ANY update whatsoever for the elderly lifestage :P

Love these ideas! and yes! the jobs!
    tumblr_ou0vobCmeH1s7rf3bo1_400.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yes to all of the above.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2019
    Honestly I'm just sitting and thinking of how they could have added in occult jobs in Realm of Magic, personally if they were to add them this would have been /the/ pack to do it in

But still, I have ideas to clear out of my head so..
    I've been thinking of how they could have made being a spellcaster into a full on job where you start off as an apprentice and work your way up the ranks to the point where you are a master level sorcerer. Though I know that wouldn't work for non-magic sims, it would have to be an unlock

I'd still love a fortune teller/tarot reading skill where you can skill up and gain skills that let you do readings for other sims, they could make it so that you could give them moodlets, or connect the readings to little events like they did with voodoo.

I do still like the concept of having a job like Auror where you go around investigating magical crimes or dealing with odd occurrences, so it would be akin to paranormal investigating but with magic.

Fortune telling as a career would be awesome just based on the fact that it would give vampires, spellcasters, and just every day sims something different they could do, my vampire is a painter and a writer >.> but honestly she'd like to get into a bit of mysticism.. plus having tarot card sets and crystal balls sitting around her castle would be awesome aesthetically..

And again.. careers like those could have some really cool outfit unlocks, the sorcerer job could have progressively fancier wizard/sorceress robes, fortune tellers could have hooded mystic outfits and veils in the females case, an Auror-esque job could have more practical black robes that get progressively more detailed.

As far as Job decor and special unlocks a wizard based career could have some nice magical decor, a table with that awesome looking magic circle on it, book cases, magical artifacts, things like that.. And when you got to a high point in the career you could get a magic staff that could be used in place of wands (because I love that idea @NeverBird )

Fortune tellers could get progressively more elaborate sets of tarot cards and better looking crystal balls

An Auror type job could unlock magical investigation-type decorations, think of it like stacks of tomes and tools for investigating, and magic and non magic sims could have different ways of going about doing the job (since non-magic sims have to rely on more mundane methods)

• NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    OMG YES PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN T-T
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I agree.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Yes to all of this! I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get any sort of fortune telling/tarot cards. ROM could definitely still use some expansion in that regard.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Yes to Wizard Beards and the like
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • tayllahtayllah Posts: 8 New Member
    yes please!! i need my occult sims to make money, but i don't want my vampire to go be a businesswoman
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    We need Supernatural oriented Jobs, it just seems wierd having an undead Vampire be an Actor, like seriously half the goals in that job involve using a Mirror and Vampires do not even have reflections, we need Jobs for specific lifestates such as Vampire Council-member or a Spellcaster can be a Wizard Council-member or whatever.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    Big yes to all of this! Vampires is my favourite pack, but the one thing missing for me is a vampire/occult hunter career. I would also love a psychic/medium skill or trait - ideally with a ghost update that means only living sims with that skill/trait and occult sims (esp. vampires) can see/communicate with ghosts.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Absolutely! I want wizardly CAS and Occult jobs! <3
    #Team Occult