Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone experience issues with the latest patch - 1.8/2.3?

On the PC Technical Discussion board, there is a ton of posts about how the patch negatively affected the PC users game but I've seen nothing on the Mac board. Has anyone installed the latest patch and played the game? Can you put CC back in the game? Any feedback at all is appreciated as I'm trying to decide if I will install the latest patch since 1/7 already messed up my gaming experience. Thanks!

Comments

• lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    edited December 2009
    I did a quick check after I installed the patch and I have CC in my game and the age resetting (which is what I had a problem with) is fixed. As for anything else I'm not sure since I didn't play for too long and I wasn't having that many problems like other ppl. But what kind of issues were u having? I can look out for them in the future. BTW I have a PC
  • ShellyD710514ShellyD710514 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi lizeid87, I'm on a Mac so don't know if our experiences will be similar. The only problem I experienced after the 1.7 patch was not being able to download anything into the game. I have store items I've purchased in the past that I'm not able to load. I have houses I've created and uploaded that I'm not able to download into the game. So I'm hoping this patch will allow cc back into the game.
  • kittya0kittya0 Posts: 521 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi lizeid87, I'm on a Mac so don't know if our experiences will be similar. The only problem I experienced after the 1.7 patch was not being able to download anything into the game. I have store items I've purchased in the past that I'm not able to load. I have houses I've created and uploaded that I'm not able to download into the game. So I'm hoping this patch will allow cc back into the game.

Hi :D Well with new patch so far its won't show up any of my store or cc items and my launcher constantly freezes and crashes i was fine before the new patch so i'm rather annoyed :x

Edit: I'm on pc too
  • Axed84Axed84 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm on a Mac, and the main issue I've noticed in my game since updating (the only issue really) is that when I go into Buy Mode there's no button to access the in-game Sim Store. I've seen screenshots of where it SHOULD be, and it is most definitely NOT there in my game.
    edited December 2009
    Axed84, do you have any cc added in your game? With the 1.7 patch I'm not able to add my cc in-game. What's your experience? Thanks
  • fdemarfdemar Posts: 74 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I too do not see and icon to connect to the store after updating.
  • sonaliagrawalsonaliagrawal Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I am on a Mac as well...and I don't see the game shop mode button too...That is surprising...Please update us on that ASAP....
  • kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited December 2009
    xmine is slow and sluggish. the rotation drags it annoying. i dont have the the "in game" icon for my version? is that only for the pc to >? if it is thatssssss bs ll. ever since the past two updates the game seems slower. it used to be smooth as anything. im not jokink.

I posted this on the PC forum not thinking to look on the Mac one for it.
  • kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited December 2009
    I also posted this one....

i was just playing it and it crashed to the desktop for no reason whatssoever??? i think EA should of had bug fixes update before they updated the game update yesterday to clean the bugs out.. please fix these obnoxious bugs.
    -crashed to the desktop
    -slow rotation with arrows and trackpad for zoom in and out and move left and right.
    - May 2009 Aluminum MacBook
  • dbloveshermacdbloveshermac Posts: 94 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I was a little nervous about updating, but since the last update and WA left my game with big problems (couldn't switch households, couldn't fish, couldn't have even EA Store cc!) I figured I might as well try it.

To my amazement and delight, I can now install cc! Wahoo! Haven't tried the other issues yet, but it seems to have seriously fixed at least part of the problems! Thank you, EA!
  • MEG_KGMEG_KG Posts: 26 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I also do not see the in-game sim store button. Although I went to the lesson about it and it has a screen shot of where it should be... it is not located anywhere in my game. :( Other than that I've had no other problems.

P.S. I'm a mac user.
  • Axed84Axed84 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited December 2009
    ShellyD710514: I don't really have any CC, just a few items that I purchased from the Store's website and a couple of houses downloaded off of the Exchange. The houses installed with no problems when I was patched up to 1.7, and all of my Store items/houses seem to be working fine in-game since updating to 1.8. Sorry if I wasn't much help!
  • simfanxxsimfanxx Posts: 53 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Almost all of my installed content will not show up in game.
    edited December 2009
    Axed84, with 1.7, none of my CC would work so I removed it. But you would think the items I purchased from the store would show up in the game but they don't, but thanks for the update.

dbkloveshermac, as a Mac user, I'm excited to hear that CC can be added back into the game so thanks for that confirmation.

I'm going to hold out for another day before loading the patch. I'm shocked that there isn't more negative feedback on the patch since the PC Technical Board is on fire with complaints of the issues. So either the patch for Mac actually works (skeptical) or there haven't been alot of Mac users installing the newest patch and playing.

Any and all feedback is much appreciated!!!!
  • simfanxxsimfanxx Posts: 53 New Member
    edited December 2009
    After following advice at MATY store content now shows up in my game, but i can not get any new things to show up in game since installing the patch.
  • WhatsimsWhatsims Posts: 332 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I haven't seen the shop button thing either.
    Also, the new patch fixed my food spoil glitch, and the age reset glitch.
  • Simfreak982Simfreak982 Posts: 121 Member
    edited December 2009
    I have a MAC as well and I don't think the patch fixed anything whatsoever mainly because i can't even play my game!

I did a whooole reinstall and I created a new game, i have my cc on there but it is only the cc with sims3packs and the others in my mods folder won't show up. Even some of the sims3packs wont appear in my game. But the game randomly shuts down so I have nothing saved :(

I don't have WA soo idk if that could be a problem as well.
    I got excited when I saw this patch......... little did I know. HAH!

Also, my graphics are a bit blotchy and idk why because i have an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card so I really should not have a problem.

OO THE WOES OF A MAC USER!

ooo and no shop button for me either.
  • JengajamJengajam Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Mac. Base Game only. Mods removed. Some Store content.
    I updated to 1.8 yesterday (surprised that Mac had it on the same day! Great!)
    No Shop here. Refrigerated Food Spoilage fixed. Phone Photography fixed, BUT the photos are slightly larger than the old ones and CASing the photo frames gives it an incomplete skin (the colours don't fill the entire frame).
    Everything else is good. No missing parts. I'm pleased, for now.
  • ReebleReeble Posts: 74 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the same problems - no icon for the in-game store and all my cc is gone.
  • Meesh_LMeesh_L Posts: 32
    edited December 2009
    no icon here also..it did fix m processing bug issue...however now im stuck in a move and can't buy or build. Upon researching it--nothing I found will work..I also ready that it can have to do when a baby is involved--and low and behold I was moving a toddler. So if anyone figures it out--please let me know!
  • silentgrl44silentgrl44 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2009
    no in game store icon here either!
  • RedHotChiliPepaRedHotChiliPepa Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2009
    the latest patch isn't downloading when i press it anyway..
  • atco473atco473 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2009
    iMAC 24 with WA, downloaded patch to v 2.3.33.003002 yesterday.

No problems here, fridge bug fixed, all seems OK ... although I didn't see that CC button either.

Mind you, I stopped downloading stuff after bringing both Sims1 and Sims2 to a virtual standstill on my Alienware PC!! I now keep it simple, and that sort of pays off!! :lol:

[edit = spoke too soon. Launched game, and it's not recognising the DVD. "Disk validation failure" or something like that. It happened yesterday as well, resolved by ejecting the disk and starting again.

[edit 2 = yes, OK the second time. :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I still can't instal WA because of that integrity problem.

Has anyone noticed a game speed improvement with this one?
  • AquaticaAquatica Posts: 110 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have to say, so far, I have had just about no problems with TS3. But after this patch, I have had two freezes, one that was an all out crash that required me to hold my iMac's power button down until it shut itself off. I have never had such an issue, maybe a sudden freeze for a few seconds that quickly fixed itself, but these freezes have been about a minute or so long, and the second ended in a force shut down after a minute of waiting. The music in the game both times continued to play, which to me signals a possible ability for the game to catch up and fix itself, but it refused to the second time. After minimizing the game the first time twice, and reopening it, it managed to catch itself. These issues are not because of any hardware- my computer is two months old and fits every spec requirements, if not exceeds them. I don't know if it's the patch for sure, but I have not had this issue before now. Both freezes were within an hour of each other, during the same stretch of game play. Answers?