Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game did you start with?

Comments

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    It was SimCity 2000 for me. I remember actually wishing that there was a game where I could just focus on the people. When the first Sims game came out a few years later I got it immediately. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    For me it was The Sims 1. Played the base game at my Aunt's house. Loved the series ever since.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• marievlmarievl Posts: 14 New Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    technically sims 1, but played sims 3 the most and loved it with my whole heart :))
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sims Freeplay, 2011-
    Last summer, I couldn't afford The Sims 4, so I got Freeplay. then I got The Sims 4 for Christmas and forgot about it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Hak_vinHak_vin Posts: 32 Member
    Sims 3, 2009
    Mine was Sims 3, I never really knew the Sims series existed when I was a child-teen. Though as I grew older I started hearing about it here and there and wanted to try it out myself. Never got to do so, but now that I'm older I got my hands on Sims 3 while it was on sale and enjoyed the heck out of it.
  • Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    A friend of mine introduced me to the Sims 1 shortly after it came out. She told me something to the effect of, "You'll be as addicted to this game as I am in no time at all." She knew me well. It took a few years, but I managed to get all of the EPs for Sims 1 due to my Sims addiction (friend and I ended up gifting each other EPs, which was silly because we...could have just bought our own at that point). I was excited for the Sims 2, but only ended up playing a short while (life got in the way). The Sims 3 came out and I was hooked. It has (like the first Sims) taken me years to get caught up on the EPs, but I am definitely a fan. Sims 4 is beautiful, but I'm daunted by the idea of re-starting my EP collections. I'm convinced Sims 5 or 6 or 7 will come out when I'm halfway through them. :)

I have fond memories of Sims 1.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    Technically two starts: Sims 1 back in the day (I knew about SImCity but never got into it) and then after a long break, Freeplay more recently that led me to TS4.
  • wheelochwheeloch Posts: 23 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    I had SimPark as a child and my friends had SimTown. They had others games as well, but I don't really remember playing them. One of those friends showed me The Sims. I think Sims 2 had just come out, so we played Sims 1 all day before getting permission from my mom to play TS2 haha.
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    The Sims 2 or Sims 2 Castaway, 2000
    Technically, we had a Gamecube version of the Sims and I have no idea what it's official title was. But the first one I really got into was TS2 and then I enjoyed playing it so much that I skipped 3 entirely xD

Also LOVED Mysims on the Wii it was a lot of fun to play through
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 3, 2009
    Sims 3 in 2011 with my daughter.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    I bought The Sims collection at a consignment shop and was hooked from there. <3<3
  • simsfanactic1simsfanactic1 Posts: 2 New Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    I got hooked affter the original simcity thin i got sims 1 after that i was hooked and got all the expansion packs
  • simsfanactic1simsfanactic1 Posts: 2 New Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    from sims 1 up till sims 4.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    Sims 1 for me. My friend had it and we played it at her house. One of the first computer games I ever played. I was hooked and have been here ever since! I did also play SimCity 2000, but I think only after I'd played Sims 1. Sims 1, 2, SimCity 2000, and Roller Coaster Tycoon were my childhood haha.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 1, 2000
    Technically the very first sim game I ever played was SimAnt on this super old computer at a shelter my mom and I would volunteer at sometimes, good times 😄

As for the poll, Sims 1 (originally PC but I was way into the PS2 version, played it all the time with my cousins)! It started a lifelong addiction that saw me begging my mom for just about anything Sims related including all of the console spin-offs (Urbz 2 when???). Never picked up the handheld games though, might check those out at some point to see what I've been missing out on.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »
    Technically the very first sim game I ever played was SimAnt on this super old computer at a shelter my mom and I would volunteer at sometimes, good times 😄

As for the poll, Sims 1 (originally PC but I was way into the PS2 version, played it all the time with my cousins)! It started a lifelong addiction that saw me begging my mom for just about anything Sims related including all of the console spin-offs (Urbz 2 when???). Never picked up the handheld games though, might check those out at some point to see what I've been missing out on.

Another Urbz would still be great.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    At some point in the 1990's my grandmother had Sim City on her computer and I got to play it. I didn't actually own a game until a friend gave me the complete Sims 2, but as for a start... Sim City is the reason I was so excited about Sims!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    The original Sims! And Sim Safari :smiley:
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    I started with the original Sims in around 2002/3.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    Lots of long time players. :)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    I started playing sims since I was 8. I'm 25 now lol.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Lots of long time players. :)

I think it goes to show how loyal we are! :lol:
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    The Sims 2 or Sims 2 Castaway, 2000
    I started out with Sims 2 when I was around 6 years old (my older sister introduced me to it). Let's just say my little six-year-old brain wasn't able to even imagine a game like Sims 2 (I remember thinking it was a two dimensional game and I was shocked when I saw it). Needless to say I understood nothing about anything and whenever my sim would die (aka all the time) I would just quit the game and never return to that family because I was afraid of the grim reaper lol.
  • Ilovecats8Ilovecats8 Posts: 7 New Member
    Sims 3, 2009
    I started out with Sims 3 but not right when it came out. I started it at about 2012 maybe a bit later but then I had no idea what CC was lol even though there was some that existed.
  • Cabbie_BaritoneCabbie_Baritone Posts: 36 Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    Sim City 2000. It was installed in the computer section of the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh in 1997 - 1998 if I recall right. Dad bought it for me in the 3 pack with Streets of Sim City and Sim Copter after that.