Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcaster eyes still not fixed.

thats very annoying.
Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Comments

• SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    they already acknowledged spellcasters are supposed to be able to use Occult eyes, but are too incompetent to add them in a patch?

• Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    They patched 5 things, that's it. I was expecting a lot more in the patch. There are so many things wrong, they know about them.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They haven't even fixed the bugs caused by Island living yet. I would not get your hopes up anytime soon. :D

My sims are still eating disgusting spoiled food. I had to download a mod to fix it.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    They haven't even fixed the bugs caused by Island living yet. I would not get your hopes up anytime soon. :D

My sims are still eating disgusting spoiled food. I had to download a mod to fix it.

yeah thats just sorry.

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Yep, but not game breaking. Glad they fixed the locked doors issue as sims would wander into doors suppise to be locked and then couldnt leave the room.

I can wait til the next patch for it among other things I've been waiting on from other packs.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I was hoping for the eyes fix, as well as a fix for the ultra annoying situation outfits. It happens so much I feel like they should just auto-check it every time we get a new pack.
    #Team Occult
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    This wasn't the RoM Glitch Patch, but a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that they smoothed out. We'll probably see another patch release before the end of the month, or get our RoM bugs addressed down the road. It's hard to miss magic eyes for Spellcasters since I have never had the option yet.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Also potions are unsellable it's pretty blatant disregard when a guru tweets about it but they don't address it in a patch...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I hope they finally fix the glitches in City Living, Island Living & Realm of Magic before University gets released.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The game would really benefit from a good round of bug-squashings. Maybe we will get lucky with the next patch, here’s hoping for potions, magical eyes and for situational outfits to leave the game forever.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Also potions are unsellable it's pretty blatant disregard when a guru tweets about it but they don't address it in a patch...

They could just be having issues fixing that. I got the mod to add value to potions but it didn’t work for the ones my sims had already made.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    What's wrong with their eyes?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    What's wrong with their eyes?

Spellcasters are supposed to have access to vampire eyes but don't.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I hope they finally fix the glitches in City Living, Island Living & Realm of Magic before University gets released.

I hope they fix the GTW bugs first. :D
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    Simple. They don’t care. They never have.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited October 2019
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Simple. They don’t care. They never have.

I suspect its less about that (indirectly) and more about a very small QA budget. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if their general QA department for the Sims was made up of a team that was split between testing new packs and old bugs.

I suspect what happens is when a bug is found its put onto a list for the programmers to "address" which can take forever as its just one of the many things they are tasked to do. Then after its addressed, they send it back to the QA team who then tries to duplicate it to confirm its gone or find new bugs that the last patch broke. I suspect this back and forth plus backlog of other issues is why it takes forever. And YES this very much comes down to budgeting but obviously despite this series success they probably are tightly squeezed.

Because its all about keeping the stock prices high!
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    The spellcaster eyes is a bug that's annoying me very much. Is the sims team just lazy, or are they just so low budgeted that they can't fix these seemly simple things? God, there are so many glitches and massive oversights in this game, I can't help but feel like the team is just slacking. They don't care to fix some of the most jarring issues. I payed full price for this pack, and I expect quality content; not something that looks like the developers didn't even test it out before releasing it. I wouldn't even be surprised if the lack of witch hats was just a jarring oversight.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    RoM has been out less than a month. We got a hotfix for the CAS crash to desktop bug, within a week. That was kind of them. I am sure the rest will be along, as soon as the fix exists. We get patches monthly. Be patient.
  • MacyStarMoonMacyStarMoon Posts: 52 Member
    it is now 2020 and when i create a new spellcaster,i cant even choose an eye colour for them.(i used default replacements and it gets worse.)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The occult eye colors got put back into Spellcasters a few months ago. However, it only has the Vampire, Mermaid & regular eyes for the Spellcasters.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    it is now 2020 and when i create a new spellcaster,i cant even choose an eye colour for them.(i used default replacements and it gets worse.)

It sounds like your default replacements might be broken. I know Simandy’s Intuition eyes have that problem.