Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much is too much?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DanielKaiserDanielKaiser Posts: 1 New Member
    Is it possible to increase the amount of cc without limitations. Like adding more Ram or something?
  • Options
    shangrilashangrila Posts: 23 Member
    I mean I think you're good to have as much CC as you want provided that it fits your computer specs? but don't expect your game to run smoothly, bc I have like 10gb and I'm lucky if certain save files run smoothly past 10 minutes
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I love CC, but I'm very selective in what I download and try to keep it to things I'm going to use frequently or use for a specific sim. I will delete items too every now and then because sometimes what looks cute in a picture looks horrible on my sims in game, at least to me. The only things I tend to keep regardless are shoes and wedding gowns. Maxis Match comes in handy if you like to download a lot of CC, as its not as hard on your system as Alpha.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    TheSilentWindTheSilentWind Posts: 9 New Member
    Oh lol, I thought 88 was a lot, haha.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    A tip I've seen on keeping CC from lagging your game as much: Rename anything with special characters - if it's nothing but letters and numbers, the game seems to parse it beter.

What about brackets? Some mods have names in brackets, should we also take those out?
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I only download CC thats been created in the present year. So for now I’m only downloading cc/mods that have been updated and created in 2019. I tend to abstain from furniture cc because it’s always a problem with glitching or errors.
  • Options
    EyebrowPrincessEyebrowPrincess Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello!
    I got a problem about my sims 4 won't start after i put some new cc-s. I had 1500 around (and it started normally) before i put in some new ones, but the funny thing is, i had to lower it to around 1050 so now it start again ._. Before i hadn't any problems with it, it also ran the broken cc-s too .. Now im confused, and sad, coz i thought it could run around 2000? My pc specs are Intel Core i5-3340 4.10 Ghz, 16 GB Ram (ddr 3) , win10, there is also 100+ GB free space on the disk where i run from my game, and when i am in the game there are no problems, and i haven't had ever. No crashed, laggs , freeze, anything. Just this thing about the cc-s NOW. And what i downloaded , i tried to put them into the Mods folder, and the game can run it smootly too. So now im puzzled :S
    Is there anything i could do to run ALL my cc-s?
  • Options
    hotokehotoke Posts: 1 New Member
    > @EyebrowPrincess said:
    > Hello!
    > I got a problem about my sims 4 won't start after i put some new cc-s. I had 1500 around (and it started normally) before i put in some new ones, but the funny thing is, i had to lower it to around 1050 so now it start again ._. Before i hadn't any problems with it, it also ran the broken cc-s too .. Now im confused, and sad, coz i thought it could run around 2000? My pc specs are Intel Core i5-3340 4.10 Ghz, 16 GB Ram (ddr 3) , win10, there is also 100+ GB free space on the disk where i run from my game, and when i am in the game there are no problems, and i haven't had ever. No crashed, laggs , freeze, anything. Just this thing about the cc-s NOW. And what i downloaded , i tried to put them into the Mods folder, and the game can run it smootly too. So now im puzzled :S
    > Is there anything i could do to run ALL my cc-s?

Have you used Mods Conflict Detector? It might help with trying to find what cc may be causing the problem. I run on Intel Core i5-6500 CPU 3.20GHz with 16GB RAM (DDR4) with Windows 10. My computer is essentially built as a gaming pc so it can handle a bit. I have 26.7GB worth of cc with 9,965 files and my game runs with no problems as long as i keep all cc updated.

I hope you found a solution to your problem even though this reply is like a couple months late, haha.
  • Options
    SiladriaSiladria Posts: 33 Member
    Oooh I have a TON of stuff, and counting. I love cc -and coming from TS2, I love mods as well - they extend gameplay so beautifully. It's only a handful that I have to swap out when new things update, the rest are surprisingly resilient. I stay away from things like careers since they tend to break, but I love having more traits and additional gameplay.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top