Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aquamenti (updated)

chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Edit:

Download post is later on this page, post number 19. If you don't want to scroll, here's link. You can also look upon notes at the end of 20th post and update notes on next page, where I listed all mods I used in this world.

If you have any more question about this world, please ask! I'm more active on tumblr, but if I see questions I try to respond quickly.

Hi :grimace: Few months back I started working on exotic island. It was supposed to be like mix between Roaring Heights and Sunlit Tides, but it turned in a different direction. This town has art deco influences, but interiors will be retro, mostly 80' vibe. I want to make this town without store content. There will be some of CC like RH rugs, cause it too less space for normal rabbitholes.

That's how island look from above

tumblr_px4gukiN0a1yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

And that's town centre

tumblr_px4im1KESX1yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

It's inspired by Miami art deco district. It's kinda too colorful, but I think it's blending well together, so I leave it for now.

tumblr_px4fn0C9kp1yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxweepRI9r1yulc6yo2_1280.jpg

Details of buildings

tumblr_pxweepRI9r1yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxweepRI9r1yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxweepRI9r1yulc6yo5_1280.jpg

And pic of island from different perspective. It's stormy here, that's why water is that dark.

tumblr_pxl4qgjUhd1yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

Probably I will reshape island later or even create another, but on bigger map, because this turned out to be too shalow for diving lots. I also don't have place for any empty lot bigger than 40x40. It's kinda wasteful to have beach almost all around island so that will be probably reduced in future. Now I want to continue working on this island, after I finish all buildings I may relocate them on bigger map. I change my mind constantly, so creating a world is hard thing to me. :lol:

These pics are from various past and present stages. Some buildings may also teleport all around the island, cause I'm not sure yet, where they will fit the best. :tongue: Next time I will tell you more about buildings in other parts of the island. But that after they will be done, at least from outside.

If you want to see more pics of this project and catch every update, you can follow my tumblr here. :smile:
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    I love the colorful buildings!
    But... the rabbit holes do not match your theme. If you plan on using the RHrugs, you can go crazy and build your own stylish buildings or find some lots that others have created to share with the community.

Floraflora over at MTS has some very nice, deco style community lots - http://modthesims.info/d/573389/old-l-a-art-deco-nightclub.html
    Or to inspire your creative juices - https://www.pinterest.com/dorothykroger/art-deco-house/
    https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=art deco buildings&source_id=i4qD3amR&rs=srs

Good luck to you! You have a wonderful start so don't give up....we need more worlds!!!!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    This looks like a place I would enjoy visiting. The colourful buildings are a lovely idea, I especially like the pink one :) I also like the idea of the lagoon. Are you going to include a boardwalk ?
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited September 2019
    @KatyFernlily Thank you for links. :smile: I know that these rabbitholes might seems too big and ornamental comparing to the rest of centre. I have in plans to recolor it using this mod, and see if it will match the rest of town better. I can't recolor in outer programs, it seems too dificult for me, cause there is too much elements and things to do. This mod helps a lot, I already tried it in game. If it won't match then, I'll build custom ones with RH rugs.

@Bettyboop55 You mean venue from store? For now I don't plan to include any store in this world, but I will try to leave few empty lots for venues. Maybe in the future, after a world will be done, I'll do some alternative version with store, but it's hard to say for now. I always prefered to create new things instead of making alternative versions.
    Another district of town. It's place where your eyes can relax after all that colorful stuff from previous district. :lol: It's more calm area, with bigger houses, for families with kids, etc. All buildings are made from brown/gold brick. It was inspired by Australian architecture. For few years I follow one photographer on instagram, his photos was main inspiration for this district. You check out his accounts here and here.

tumblr_pxwfujPDqH1yulc6yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxwfujPDqH1yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxwfujPDqH1yulc6yo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxwfujPDqH1yulc6yo3_1280.jpg
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @chojrak ,

Aquamenti looks like it will be a very interesting world to visit :D

Even though I'm usually not that much into bright colours I really like your buildings based on the Miami Art Deco District ... you've captured this style of building extremely well!
    The lots of the new district are wonderful too and I am looking forward to following your progress :)
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Oh, I love it! It's so colorful and perfect size. Please keep us update, I'm excited about this one! <3
    edited October 2019
    @StephSteb @Hidehi Thanks for comments :heart: I'm glad to hear that this style is recreated well. It was hard without store. :lol:

Next district is the most exotic one, very beach atmosphere.

tumblr_pynwanzVuy1yulc6yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pynwanzVuy1yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pynwanzVuy1yulc6yo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pynwanzVuy1yulc6yo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pynwanzVuy1yulc6yo6_1280.jpg
    Lovely house designs which work so well with the landscaping <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    @chojrak Love the beach area! It looks like it is coming along quite nicely <3
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Wowee LOVE the bright houses and colors! It really looks like it could fit in Roaring Heights. Art deco is one of my FAV deco styles. You are doing amazing without the store set!

@Bettyboop55 @StephSteb @KiearaPhoenix Thanks for leaving a good words, it really motivates me to go further with this world. :mrgreen:

Today I want to kinda show off with my buildings I created a while ago. They're bigger than others and more ornamental. It's not finished yet, at least from inside.

First is in white-yellow palette, I think it's the most ornamental building in town. Despite it has no brick on elevation, I want to use it at the end of street in brick area.

tumblr_pyo5loCpF81yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

I want to make elegant mosaic in front of this building. It's probably gonna be base camp or resort.

tumblr_pyo5loCpF81yulc6yo4_r1_1280.jpg

And there are some big brick houses.

tumblr_pyprln1fPb1yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pyprln1fPb1yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

This bellow it's probably my favorite so far.

tumblr_pyprln1fPb1yulc6yo2_1280.jpg

And at the end of this post I want to show you cherry on top, the centre of town. I wanted to create something special in this place, not typical park. So I created postmodern square with ancient Greece accents. There's still many things to do, but you can see shape of it and minimalistic garden at the middle. It give zen vibes, very relaxing space. (Sorry for pics at the dusk, when I finish it, I'll show you in the noon time).

tumblr_pyps1rdITE1yulc6yo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pyps1rdITE1yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pyps1rdITE1yulc6yo4_1280.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    This is beautiful! Can't wait to try it out. :)
    That was a clever idea to juxtapose the ancient columns with the modern sculpture :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

It's coming along great. I love the colors and builds. Keep sharing pictures and Happy Building! :)
    edited October 2019
    @ZeeGee @Bettyboop55 @Rflong7 Thanks for comments :smile: Sorry for late reply, I just doesn't like to return with nothing to show. It makes me uncomfortable. :lol:

Today I want to present a few of interiors from this town, there is still many buildings to furnish though. These bellow are from various buildings, commercial and private. Architecture was meant to be in art deco style, but in interiors I wanted to make atmosphere of 70s, 80s, 90s, and sometimes also mid century modern.

tumblr_pypw62I4ap1yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pypw62I4ap1yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pypw62I4ap1yulc6yo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pypw62I4ap1yulc6yo2_1280.jpg

I was also testing clubs. On these pictures bellow not fully furnished yet.
    *Doesn't pay attention to what's happening in bathtub :wink:

tumblr_pypw0fTfw21yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pypw0fTfw21yulc6yo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pypw0fTfw21yulc6yo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pypw0fTfw21yulc6yo2_1280.jpg
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    Wow, these are great! I love the theme you went with.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Pics from another district (at various stages)

24fba7503ec17556129bce7762e61ff5eef538dd.jpg

Public swimming pool. It has balcony to relax and looking at the ocean. It's shape was supposted to remind seashell from the street but it's not visible here.

531e82ce6d4cd8264e7f50392c1068b2904bd68a.jpg

And here are various things - fitness club, restaurant, place to hang out, etc.

7de3d2cb17a7e21fd6aacae9f558c0b8183222f9.jpg

tumblr_pypx8uvnZ21yulc6yo1_1280.jpg

and glimpse of interiors 👀
    now more tropical

tumblr_pypx8uvnZ21yulc6yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pypx8uvnZ21yulc6yo3_1280.jpg

and a few pics from park with young deer

b10aad00a02b10aca029600e741e488a2873b56a.jpg

a9be541ed10982561fadc814c5dd5e9324a9736c.jpg

9094c39133553d2937f12a5478982c8ef32ef42f.jpg

c7cb5fbe0faf0fc55de3d88129bfb43049bef03e.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of finished postmodern square I posted few weeks ago. I added a few surrandings and neons to give these buildings more vaporwave look. Think now I'll wait till I finish the world to be this bigger surprise. :wink: I build this world on several save files to load faster, so don't want to go back just to take few photos.

If you want to see updates earlier or see more pics, you can follow my tumblr here :smile:
    edited March 2021
    Hi :smile: I didn't posted for a while, updates was on tumblr though. Now the world is finished. Let me copy the most important things from tumblr, so I would not write everything second time. :wink:
    Aquamenti is a small vulcanic island. It was raised by italian and spanish aristocracy almost 300 years ago. Along decades Aquamenti was changing, not only visually and in architectural terms, but also because of locals mentality. At the beginning, it was place for rich people to escape for, overgrown with dense jungle. Now, since 1930s, the island became very popular recreational vacation destiny, along with it’s club stage which was raising since midcentury, and from which island is famous for today. Many famous sims was living on this island along the years. However, it still has quiet and unspoiled places. Which way will you choose? Living in light of fame or escape to a new secret place?

Details
    - medium world
    - 74 lots —> 25 houses, 32 public, 17 empty.
    - it has 2 diving lots
    - it has base camp if you want use it as a vacation world

Requirements
    During making this world I had all expansion packs installed and bellow stuff packs:
    - High-End Loft
    - Outdoor Living
    - 70s, 80s, & 90s
    - Movie

Some were almost non-used though. The things you need the most is Island Paradise, University Life and Late Night. Quite many things were also used from Showtime and 70′80′90. You’ll also need some mods, but this is attached to download bellow. Fortunately, I could attach it all to download. Most of it are for rabbit holes. If you won’t download, some will be missing. There's also mod with custom loading screen for this town.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

[Installation] - It’s in world format, so you don’t need install it via launcher. Just simply put it in folder
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds)

or if you have origin version
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds)

If you see file "Sunset Valley.world", you're in the right place. Paste world file there.

From above link download only mods folder and put it here - (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3)

*If you already have an existing mods folder, then download only this mods pack, and put it to your package folder.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ok, now pics. This is how the whole town looks from above.

nnzsj83c2kzr.jpg

Town centre

kv6uwpwu5a1s.jpg

nvbsocfk11gg.jpg

skwcuzm8mrii.jpg

Postmodern square. Inside there is bowling alley, games arcade, clothing store, pub and cafeteria.

x7anglxx4kn6.jpg

Small district with spacious swimming pool.

i8g7kveo5utn.jpg

Another shoreline

axkq92ngxo0u.jpg

Beach-tropical district

xz5imzj5s4bx.jpg

uhiknhbxy0pe.jpg

Resort at the end of the bay.

7x8ivjmmjbpr.jpg
    Post edited by chojrak on
    Brick district

nvly4ch6tvpa.jpg

kjn2f0x4dxqy.jpg

70i3ncuighq9.jpg

mkhbwbui8qda.jpg

su71rldpug3j.jpg

And three red buildings inside of collapsed caldera. I built it at the end of making this world. In this district there is quiet many empty lots for your use.

mkscau9slbnv.jpg

0rrvi9s5iv7f.jpg

Bellow some interiors from clubs, important part of this world. I tried to keep 80s & 70s interior design, there's also mid-century modern in some of houses.

w9rixcot7l8u.jpg

fz4g4dbbg61p.jpg

8izepqlbmv2t.jpg

nhshc5y3rv7i.jpg
    edited March 2021
    and landscapes :sunglasses:

hwybqbn4r7u1.jpg

edic9lyl4rnz.jpg

ufk094fwaoot.jpg

iueqkprwsho3.jpg

2txqsk192das.jpg

cqvmnpd3h4j2.jpg

abjfl69sk6pl.jpg

Notes
    • I used 4 recolorable rabbit holes from AussomeDays’s mod. - not in updated version. In updated version I made my own recolors, so mod is no more needed.
    • I made custom loading screen based on Gamefreak130 mod. It makes conflict with AwesomeMod and XCAS Mod. With steam version there may be some problem too. If there’s any, simply take off this mod from your Mods folder and clear cache files. - now loading screen doesn't use core mod, so it doesn't make conflict with anything. See update post on next page for more changes.
    • I used 5 rabbithole rugs/doors from Jynx. (pets fixed)
    • I also used few textures by Nilxis.
    • It has Roaring Heights ini files.

All non-empty lots have description. In some you can read about town history. English isn't my first language so there may be some typos, even though I checked everything few times. Hope you'll like playing in this world and that it'll supply long satisfying gameplay for you. :mrgreen:

I have to make a break from CAW, but if you want to know if I create something new, you can follow my simblr. There's many reblogged stuff tho. :wink:

[...]
    Post edited by chojrak on
    edited January 2020
    Also, if anyone wondering, I always split post if it has many pics, to keep 8-12 per post and to not let be too many pics per thread page.
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    What a pretty and colorful looking world! Definitely has that Miami deco vibes that roaring heights has but with your own flair ^_^
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Wow. It looks like a beautiful world. I love the colors of the lots. They're so 'sunny'. Great job! :star:
    I have been playing this world for a few days now and I have to tell you that it is absolutely GORGEOUS! It's the perfect size as well. Plenty of empty community and residential lots as well as beautiful homes and lots! No routing issues or anything found yet and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Thank you so much! <3
    @KiearaPhoenix @60smusicluvr Thanks for coments :blush:
    @StephSteb glad to read that :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top