Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2019 (Patch Is Out)

Comments

• Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    Love robots and love Halloween, but these costumes are horrible, no offence. Hope there's going to be something else in the update, not only that. Some furniture or decor would be nice.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope this patch brings back the lighthouse woohoo.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    S3 had Trick or Treating but I gave up on it. Every time my sim kids went TOT, it always rained.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    Most likely just bug fixes to sims wearing weird clothing when they shouldn't and other bugs that may be plaguing the game. The short notice is a dead giveaway.

Although if they threw a bone for us I would be happy, like maybe the ability to create ghosts in CAS or perhaps separating those cat ears from that hair in Cats and Dogs? I seriously doubt either of those will happen

I agree, I love that hair but those ears are just plain stupid..
  • Options
    I believe the reason it didn't happen in June is cause they wanted all users to be able to get Island Living and Realm Of Magic both heavily requested packs.

So they will push it for University once again?

They could still delay the 32 bit update till December or later so most can download Universities.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    It’s very early to have a patch at the 3rd of the month, isn’t it?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    If they fix the myriad of bugs that would be great. I must admit I am glad there are fewer Maxis Monthlies, I always felt the chat was pretty toxic with people unable to accept there are other games to talk about as well and expecting news of updates and new content constantly. I think they were a fine idea that didn't work and should be consigned to history, or just now and again, changing the name, when there is something to talk about.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

Nah, not really. The August and September ones were in the first week or so of the month. (September one was the 6th).
    I'm guessing this one is this early because of the patch needed for Catalina, which is coming soon.
  • Options
    Irdiwen wrote: »

Yes.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Well those costumes are a huge disappointment. I was hoping for proper mage robes which they failed to put into realm of magic. Or just any outfits that complement that expansion.
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    What time is the update?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    What time is the update?

If it's at the same time as usual, 6pm GMT/1pm EST/10am PST (in about 6.5hrs)
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Thank you.
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    EspeonLuver93EspeonLuver93 Posts: 21 Member
    I just hope they fix the Realm of Magic eye colors. That's all I really want to be fixed. I'm dying to know what they look like.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Seems we have a Patch coming this Thursday. This was very short notice but your quick guesses as to what could be coming.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Information-for-Mac-users-running-macOS-Lion-10-7/m-p/8261579

And speaking of updates the Holiday Update is only 2 months away. ;)

Dear Simmers,

We hope you’re all doing well. If you are a Mac user, please read the below!

If you currently play The SimsTM 4 and run macOS Lion (10.7) there will be important changes you need to know about. Starting next month, we will be unable to support macOS Lion (10.7). On October 3, 2019 we will release a patch update that will no longer support The Sims 4 on that operating system.

If you wish to continue playing the game while running macOS Lion (10.7), do not update The Sims 4 with the October 3 patch, or any future game patches. To prevent the update, you will need to disable automatic updates on Origin. This will allow you to continue playing the game, however, you will not receive any future updates for the base game or be able to play any additional packs released after October 3.

Update

Those costumes look hideous. Even as free content :\ Especially the woman robot.

I would rather have toddler Halloween costumes.....they don't have any and didn't get any in Spooky Stuff because they didn't existed yet when it released and Seasons didn't brought any. It's annoying and sad how they totally forget about toddlers in the Sims 4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Those costumes look hilarious (in a good way) like a movies imagination what a robot could look like from the 50s.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    Well my game is updating!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Not a lot of bugs were fixed....this is really sad. They didn't even fix the broken Freelancer careers. What the actual...
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited October 2019
    The costumes are awful :(
    Post edited by Irdiwen on
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    So little bug fixes...I mean...why...why do they do this? I mean...I am so confused.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    It's amusing to me that people are always complaining about how buggy and messy The Sims 3 is, but at this rate this game is going to be no exception. They will just dump this game full of bugs and move on to the next to repeat the same cycle.

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I like the costumes, I like that they're very obviously Halloween costumes, I could use them for a few gigs in the actor career.

And it means it might not be all we get about robots.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Nearly no bug fixes? Really? Was at least hoping for fixes in Realm of Magic.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    They could have at least fixed the potions not having a value, as a lot of people would probably like their spellcasters making money running either a potions shop, a selling table with potions, or just selling them through inventory. Could there be a second patch this month? The pre-Uni pack should be big with new stuff
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    dissapointing update. like always.
    ihavemultiplegamertags