Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University/Robots

Let's see if we can add 2 plus 2 and get 5. With the next pack possibly being a University pack and in S2 Uni they added zombies and in S3 Uni they added Plantsims and the patch giving us robot costumes which many think are a hint to the return of robots in S4, do you think robots could be the next life state added in the possible upcoming Uni pack?

University/Robots 223 votes

Yes, I'd like the robots to return in this or any pack
37%
DannydanboKolbyrudy8292storyyWedTWSimGamer82bekiWritin_RegIsb917SimCarlexcchant86Jnyxscoedalanmichael1isaiahzayKalaniCoolAwkwardAquaashcrash19simmietimeHumility925 83 votes
No, I don't think they are a part of this pack
25%
catmom1987alexspoom13youilivefor92JestTruIsa_MenezesluthienrisingloubylouloucatloverplayerR0bertathecatsredtaydevspice3FroilEchovaClassicalSimCheekybitsmrkingvJultan3wormstache999pammiechick 57 votes
I want robots but not in this pack
16%
CK213IcewolfColorist40AnmirlaIObellerosehrtgirlgothprincess4everchristyb2852determigpajamajam07RamblineRoseelelunicyHarukotyanmmb_abrGracieO312bixtersSakuske1doogerieZenAlchemistSummerStreak 36 votes
I never want robots to return
21%
aprilroseCabelle1863candystormSimburiankeekee53candy8Irdiweninvisiblgirlsimgirl1010Anyahsfriendlysimmersg01denswanmock68KaeChan2089CAF84BabykittyjadesheronparrisCAITLINX354kristenleighwhitecatitude5 47 votes

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think robots will come with a futuristic pack.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    would be neat to have
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I would love to see a return of robots..... maybe they could make it an active career,
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I really disliked robots, so I’m happy if they don’t return at all!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't really care if they're in University, but they do seem pretty cool and I'd love to have them in-game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I really disliked robots, so I’m happy if they don’t return at all!
    Wow.gif
    Sad.gif

I would rather have robots come as part of some kind of future technology pack.
    I wasn't that big into the time travel aspect of Into the Future, but I did love the future technology.

I've loved bots in The Sims since having played with Simbots in TS2.
    I would hack mine and turn them into human looking robots and I have been after EA to finally let us make them as the ultimate upgrade in bot building.

Meaghan is my favorite Sims robot.
    The first thing I did when we got TS4 ambitions was turn my Simbot into a human looking android.
    Screenshot-2881.jpg

When we got Into the Future, I upgraded her to be even more awesome.
    Mplumbot.jpg

Screenshot-2998.jpg

Unfortunately, as a plumbot, her arms would glitch whenever she picked up a tablet and used it.
    Screenshot-3028.jpg

I gave up on her being a plumbot and settled for just a boring simbot.
    Simbots3.jpg
    I am hoping TS4 allows us to build robots from simple task bots, up to highly sophisticated and human looking androids.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I have voted yes - for this or any other pack. I am not sure about unis as I don't necessarily see them as a natural fit, unless they offered a course on robotics, now that would be interesting and cool. In which case perhaps a student could create their own robot.

However it could also come in a futuristic pack and I can see that being a thing in the next year or two.
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    They post about adding a new costume in and you guys automatically leap to they must be adding robots to the next ep? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill lol
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't see the link myself, but I could be wrong. I'm not actually that fussed about a University EP, but I still hope that when/if it comes the focus will be on the theme e.g. courses, careers, campus life, new activities/venues/traits etc. I think robots would fit better in a different pack. I wouldn't mind them, but personally I am more interested in werewolves and fairies.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    They might happen in a future pack but I don't think it's going to be this one.
    Then again, there could be a robotics study field in University.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    If they add robots to university, that's other features left out. They do have to work within a budget and time frame. It would fit better into a futuristic pack. (In fact, I would expect Servos to be the big game play addition in a futuristic pack.) It could also mean that the university rumour was a prank and the next pack will be a futuristic pack.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I don't care if they will come back.

I just don't want that the robots will left out other important features for the university.
    If they come in the future in a futuristic pack, then I will just not buy the pack.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i never went robots to return since i never use them
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want robots but would rather them come in a futuristic pack.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I can see them adding robot servants like Servo and Simbot in the University pack. Maybe one of the degrees/jobs will be engineering and if you get to a high enough level or mechanical skill you can build the robot at a lab or engineering station similar to the Sims 2 and 3.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited October 2019
    I actually thought for a while now that robots would be a good life state for the university pack.

Students who take like a technology/engineering/robotics major could learn how to build robots and they can sell them, make them servants or family members.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Echova wrote: »
    They post about adding a new costume in and you guys automatically leap to they must be adding robots to the next ep? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill lol

Chill, it's harmless speculation. I personally think it MIGHT be a hint (not a "zomg its ttl confirmation guise. get HYPE", just a POTENTIAL hint) that robots are coming, but unless there's an a Mechanical/Engineering degree and a new Inventor/Engineer career with the University pack, I don't see it coming with THAT pack.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Yes please but not in this EP. It would probably just be half baked, because it wouldn't be part of the focus of this pack. It would be better in something like "into the future" from sims 3, sci-fi, tech heavy, futuristic.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I love robots, I voted for them in the long ago twitter pack, I'll take anything sci-fi related honestly.

We already have quite a few items for a futuristic house, like the pod from Get Famous.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited October 2019
    i mean i don't really care tbh but if they do put in robots i want them in separate pack or futuristic pack and not just put in as a side thought to pack that has not much to do with them

they should just concentrate on themes they are doing and stop using pack resources to make something that relates to pack in no way

because it always results in both themes getting half baked
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If engineering/robotics were a new course your college sim could take, it would fit. Maybe they could experiment and some funny fails happen.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think they fit with the Uni theme. Something to do with technology or engineering perhaps?
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I voted yes, but I don't really care if robots return or not honestly.

BUT I do think that if robots ARE to return, University would be a great place for them to be featured. I could totally see engineering students building robots for assignments, kind of like building the rocketship? It could take a long time but could eventually be programmed to have different roles, such as: Babysitter, butler, chef, gardener, etc. around your house? Idk I think that'd be pretty tight lol.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Robots sound great but to be done right, it needs to be its own pack. If it goes into University other things that are more aligned to education will be left out. There is only so much data EA will allow in the pack.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2019
    Although I personally don't care for robots, I know that there are many that love them. I wouldn't want to deny these people their play just like I wouldn't want to be denied my Spellcasters and Vampires (or the others we still don't have *eyes Werewolves and Fairies*).

Maybe, they could even far exceed my expectations this time round (like with Vampires) and I would want to play them in this iteration!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif