March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know what word is blocking this?

NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
It is driving me absolutely bonkers. It really should highlight the problem word.

In case the picture fails to load: A quick renovation of Movers & Shakers. I wanted to do more, but I decided to keep it #basegame friendly. Really opened my eyes on how complicated it is to design without any DLC. Place with #moo as I forgot to toggle it off. Features: An apartment towards the back (I would block access), the gym, and a small restaurant that does not really function. I used art by jewels64 ♥ I kept it mostly the same as default as I liked the vibe it gave off.

... maybe it will show as 'plum' on the forums! Genius idea.

e382a13b67600d68023c5cb2aec0b2aa.png

Edit: It was DLC. I wonder why that word is blocked. Now, to somehow close this thread.

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Does it do that with lower case letters too?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    EA does NOT like people saying the words "DLC" because they think they're making fun of EA, which is true because EA is probably the worst company in the world when it comes down to DLC because they think that every game needs the world's most unneeded DLC imaginable.....But that's besides the point. EA is well known for censoring words that they think people will use to mock them, for instance during the Battlefield 5 Beta they had quite a few words censored in the game chat just because they knew people would bring them up in some way or another as followed. They Censored "White Man" because they knew people were angry about "OMG WOMEN IN MY WWII GAME!" and wanted to ban said word. They censored "Titanfall 2" because they knew that was the game they screwed over a year or two before by releasing it between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty and knew that people were still REAL sore about Titanfall 2 being thrown to the fire. You could say "Titanfall" but if you said "Titanfall 2" you'd get censored. Then of course the last unneeded word to censor.....DLC. Because they knew people would bring up the fact that EA would release so much unneeded DLC for the game.

Essentially, EA can be very insecure sometimes.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    My guess might be "jewels" as some may use it to refer to the 'family' variety, although innuendo usually isn't an issue. Maybe ask @SimGuruNick on this one.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Blocking 'DLC', that's really ridiculous.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    I wish it would highlight the disallowed word when it does that, especially if it's something as innocent as "DLC".
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I wish it would highlight the disallowed word when it does that

QFT 1000x if i could. I'd love it if there was a highlight on the word or words used that cause the issue.

I have a few sim families like the Al Firaqqi and Madhunapantula's who have this issue in the household description. game keeps warning me about this problem, but i gave up long ago attempting to fix these things.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    EA does NOT like people saying the words "DLC" because they think they're making fun of EA, which is true because EA is probably the worst company in the world when it comes down to DLC because they think that every game needs the world's most unneeded DLC imaginable.....But that's besides the point. EA is well known for censoring words that they think people will use to mock them, for instance during the Battlefield 5 Beta they had quite a few words censored in the game chat just because they knew people would bring them up in some way or another as followed. They Censored "White Man" because they knew people were angry about "OMG WOMEN IN MY WWII GAME!" and wanted to ban said word. They censored "Titanfall 2" because they knew that was the game they screwed over a year or two before by releasing it between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty and knew that people were still REAL sore about Titanfall 2 being thrown to the fire. You could say "Titanfall" but if you said "Titanfall 2" you'd get censored. Then of course the last unneeded word to censor.....DLC. Because they knew people would bring up the fact that EA would release so much unneeded DLC for the game.

This would be hilarious if it weren’t so pathetic :D
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member

Honestly, it's hilarious AND pathetic.

DLC! DLC! DLC!
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member

Poor Titanfall 2.....didn't deserve to get EA'd by EA.