Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you hope University Adds?

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Murphy beds. They could be used in a tiny house.
  • amithyst32amithyst32 Posts: 8 New Member
    how about wheelchairs,ramps,elevators.i am sure there are plenty of people out there that would like that for their sims.do also want murphy beds,bunk beds,so many things i can think of.i do agree with a lot of posts i read and yes other colleges,and pool tables,etc. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

And a new death type.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

And a new death type.

If they add Murphy beds and a new death type, I hope you can upgrade them so the death is less likely. I don't mind an RNG death that you can do nothing to prevent except not use the object, and in some saves, I might not care if a Sim randomly dies, and might even WANT that opportunity, but in others, I'd prefer to keep my Sim safe.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • SusanaLeoteSusanaLeote Posts: 36 Member
    Yes, more musical instruments and Bands, please!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Wheelchairs could be included with GTW with the hospital I don't know why they didn't add them with sticks for Elders and crutches @amithyst32 it's better than adding them with Univ that doesn't make any sense there.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    It's not been confirmed yet and this could be a waste of time but what are you hoping the sims team do for university? (could be new careers,gameplay etc)

I never had The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 was too laggy on my older laptop so i never got to experience university and this will be my first time so you can imagine how excited i am for it.

for me
    - I hope they stick to moving into a dorm/apartments
    - Uni starts when you're a teen (or a new life stage)
    - Classes to be active so we can be with them
    - When finished university you get an option to do a master degree
    - Teacher/Tutor Career (only appears when you done university)
    - Hospital/Police career also appearing when you one university
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm, not too much, though I do like your idea that University opens up some careers and lack of a degree closes off others (sorry, but an aerospace physicist probably needs some advance schooling).

Aside from that, though, let's see:

-maybe a few new careers based on university degrees
    - obviously a university lot with different college buildings -- preferably a world where time freezes in the other worlds while you're there
    - Dorms and Frats and sororities and apartments
    - A comic book shop
    - An arcade
    - Mascots
    - New dances
    - Slow Dancing
    - Actual plantsims rather than just a buff
    - Several new kisses
    - New traits! to fit a young university student
    - New skills to go along with the degrees
    - Murphy beds along with a new death type
    - Shower woohoo
    - A few new aspirations based on university-related things (degrees and such) and based on the new traits
    - New radio station
    - New party types, including a toga party and a bonfire party
    - Backpacks
    - Hacky Sack
    - Frisbee
    - Kegs and new animations to go along with it
    - Ping pong and juice pong
    - Catch
    - Soccer
    - Various educational-specific items for different majors
    - All sorts of new coffee drinks and various herbs with different effects
    - Some new collectables to perform experiments with

Edit: Obviously I'm being a bit facetious here. I really am hoping that they do give a pack with as much depth as previous university packs.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dorm lot that is only available on the University world.
    Enrolling in University
    Scholarships
    Different degrees to accommodate for all careers (cross pack compatibility) - not applicable to the Freelancer career, obvs.
    A pile of textbooks as a gameplay object where sims can study/research various subjects
    Ability to also study through the computer
    New laptops
    Teacher NPC's (befriending them grants a chance of passing the tests)
    Sports Parties
    Llama mascot
    Juice kegs
    Pool tables
    "Ask about degree" interaction
    University cheer interaction
    Deans list rewards
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    copied an old comment of mine with a little extra but this is what I am looking for

greek houses

pool tables

secret societies but different from sim2 almost like Skull and Bones where when you graduate you can start basically at the top of your sims chosen career or can manipulate world issues sort of like how the conversationalist can.

active lab days outside of regular class sort of like how they did in sims 3 but better

Side activities like writing for the Student Newspaper or running for Student Government, Drama Clubs, Music, Model for Artist or be the Artist, Photography, Volunteer at an animal shelter,etc. These activities should increase your GPA and help with skill building for the working world later so sims are not just confined to the classroom and can skip classes and still do well by just doing side activities. University has always been a bit boring for me because my Sims had to be in class so much. These ideas help they achieve goals in other ways.

Wouldn't mind seeing tennis and volleyball for the athletics department.

Hangout ideas are pretty much covered in other packs so why not focus on making the Sim college experience a bit more entertaining. I could play so many ways with some of those ideas. My greek house sims may party a lot and probably go to class no side activities. My secret society sims are world changers who may have access to things my other lowly sims may not. They may not have to work hard because they are connected to the powerful. I can have a journalist trying to break scandals happening on campus and maybe write an article on how bad cafeteria food on campus is. The Drama Club could have short plays running on like a Saturday and other sims could go and watch.

There should be something special for each career in the game. I would love see like an operations dummy for doctors as they practice surgeries by hand and the surgery table. If they do well, they will be less likely to pull the heart out of a patient when delivering babies and such.

Dating\attraction system would be nice

slow dancing

finally the singing career\modeling career to help enhance the get famous pack

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hmm, here are a few things I've got in mind:

More laptops
    Dormitories
    Pool tables
    Interactive libraries
    Dean's list (and awards)
    Multiple majors and minors
    Scholarships
    Study from the computer
    Write papers
    Soccer or other sports

I try to keep my expectations relatively low as I've been disappointed by EPs in the past, but we'll see... Happy Simming, friends!
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I want some jerk cow mascot to come to my dorm and slap everyone like in The Sims 2. Good times!
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Ah, the Sims 2... I’d love to see that cow again. I also hope sims will get an extra trait after University, I loved that feature so much!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2019
    Private schools
    Uniforms (AND UNIFORMS FOR KIDS TOO)
    Snow Days with Seasons
    TUITION AND SCHOOL LOANS (Yes I want my sims to pay their way through college and have loans, especially the option of having expensive loans)
    Bribable Headmasters
    Buildable School and dorm lots
    Scholarships
    Home schooling
    Online schooling

What I'd particularly like is there to be an OPTION of sims not being to progress past a certain point in certain careers (not part time jobs tho) unless they have a degree. No degree in medicine? You cant be a surgeon for example. Like perhaps after the 5th career promotion you cant go any further no matter what skills you have, unless they go to school. I've never really liked sims being able to become a doctor after playing a round of chess. This wouldn't apply to sims who are already past that point, just whoever is entering the field for the first time. And of course, if you went to school for the career your sim is in, easier promotions and more money.

• RhiLTCRhiLTC Posts: 20 Member
    I would be interested in a journalist storyline for the school newspaper -- maybe you can investigate leads about teachers on the take, dorm room dalliances, etc. It might be a lot like Strangerville but you risk losing school funding if you publish something that puts them in a bad light.

I also want there to be a mechanic that how you choose to spend your night affects your class behavior/how much you learn the next day.
    > TUITION AND SCHOOL LOANS (Yes I want my sims to pay their way through college and have loans, especially the option of having expensive loans)

I initially thought of this too, but now I'm indecisive. On one hand, I feel like the game will break too far from reality if there isn't at least some stress related to financing your degree or getting a job after you graduate. On the other, it's suuuuch a bummmmmer and people might really want to play through the college experience without the debt crisis.

I guess it should function as a teaching tool. Maybe there's a moodlet/wage garnishing consequence if you graduate with debt?
    Apologies, I'm still learning how to forum

> @InuMiroLover said:

> TUITION AND SCHOOL LOANS (Yes I want my sims to pay their way through college and have loans, especially the option of having expensive loans)

I initially thought of this too, but now I'm indecisive. On one hand, I feel like the game will break too far from reality if there isn't at least some stress related to financing your degree or getting a job after you graduate. On the other, it's suuuuch a bummmmmer and people might really want to play through the college experience without the debt crisis.

I guess it should function as a teaching tool. Maybe there's a moodlet/wage garnishing consequence if you graduate with debt?
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    Multiple universities to apply to and choose between (or get rejected from)
    dorms, sororities/fraternities, and secret societies
    Bands
    new careers in law, education, and psychology
    scholarships
    pool tables and ping pong tables
    pranks
    events like the undies run the first rain of the year
    new party types (toga parties please)
    some kind of sport iteam like a soccer goal
    lots of new traits and aspirations
    interactive iteams for each major
    new romance interactions
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I really wish it was going to be just a Get to School expansion. With that I would love to see active university and high school. Children and teens are so boring in this game and I think active high school would be really great. Other then that I like a lot of the objects, interactions and careers everyone else mentioned. I'd love to see an active professor and teaching career for the university and high school if high school became active.

I really hope they introduce dorm living and we are able to build our own and they FINALLY let us build apartments along with that feature. I'd also like more variety in schools like university and community college along with online classes. If you want to get a bachelors degree you have to go to the university, otherwise you can just go to a community college for associates and that in turn effects your pay and maybe even how far you could go in a career. I'd love to see semesters and have sims able to choose their classes so they can work part time jobs around classes. I'd like my sim to work part time, go to school and have to figure out study time. I guess I just want it to be as realistic as possible and more difficult to manage, kind of tired of how easy Sims 4 is.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm hoping for an engineering degree that comes with a robot life state that your sim is able to create! :D

I would also love to be able to play as a teacher as well~
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Really hoping for more sports! Hopefully we get the soccer net, football, and baseball back!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Hmm, here are a few things I've got in mind:

More laptops
    Dormitories
    Pool tables
    Interactive libraries
    Dean's list (and awards)
    Multiple majors and minors
    Scholarships
    Study from the computer
    Write papers
    Soccer or other sports

I try to keep my expectations relatively low as I've been disappointed by EPs in the past, but we'll see... Happy Simming, friends!
    Private schools
    Uniforms (AND UNIFORMS FOR KIDS TOO)
    Snow Days with Seasons
    TUITION AND SCHOOL LOANS (Yes I want my sims to pay their way through college and have loans, especially the option of having expensive loans)
    Bribable Headmasters
    Buildable School and dorm lots
    Scholarships
    Home schooling
    Online schooling

What I'd particularly like is there to be an OPTION of sims not being to progress past a certain point in certain careers (not part time jobs tho) unless they have a degree. No degree in medicine? You cant be a surgeon for example. Like perhaps after the 5th career promotion you cant go any further no matter what skills you have, unless they go to school. I've never really liked sims being able to become a doctor after playing a round of chess. This wouldn't apply to sims who are already past that point, just whoever is entering the field for the first time. And of course, if you went to school for the career your sim is in, easier promotions and more money.

Felicity wrote: »
    Hmmm, not too much, though I do like your idea that University opens up some careers and lack of a degree closes off others (sorry, but an aerospace physicist probably needs some advance schooling).

Aside from that, though, let's see:

-maybe a few new careers based on university degrees
    - obviously a university lot with different college buildings -- preferably a world where time freezes in the other worlds while you're there
    - Dorms and Frats and sororities and apartments
    - A comic book shop
    - An arcade
    - Mascots
    - New dances
    - Slow Dancing
    - Actual plantsims rather than just a buff
    - Several new kisses
    - New traits! to fit a young university student
    - New skills to go along with the degrees
    - Murphy beds along with a new death type
    - Shower woohoo
    - A few new aspirations based on university-related things (degrees and such) and based on the new traits
    - New radio station
    - New party types, including a toga party and a bonfire party
    - Backpacks
    - Hacky Sack
    - Frisbee
    - Kegs and new animations to go along with it
    - Ping pong and juice pong
    - Catch
    - Soccer
    - Various educational-specific items for different majors
    - All sorts of new coffee drinks and various herbs with different effects
    - Some new collectables to perform experiments with

Edit: Obviously I'm being a bit facetious here. I really am hoping that they do give a pack with as much depth as previous university packs.

I agree with everyone's ideas so far but would like to add

Sororities and Fraternities with (like with aspirations) things you have to accomplish to join or have them ask your sim to join.

Secret Societies

Private Schools

Military Schools

A good choice for majors and minors, not a few lame ones.

A chance for our teen sims to graduate early if they have an A for at least 3 sim days straight.

Something that can replace the university mod I already have rather than having to keep it because yet again the official release does NOT deliver what it promised us.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm just hoping there will be at least two university worlds, with different aesthetics and themes and maybe even different degree options.

I know that's a tall order but one university would be so boring.

I'm guessing there was only one in the Sims 3 tho.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    at the very least bunk beds please, just this one thing and the sims team can copy and paste the design for future packs lol.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I want our sims to have intelligence, something like an IQ for sims, and depending on how high or low the IQ score is they will be presented with different opportunities throughout their life, whether they do well in school or not, whether they are qualified for a job or not, etc.