Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of you still wish that EA was still making new content for this game?

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    No, because this game has enough official content as it is, and it would be hard for EA to improve it, even if they wanted to.
    When I first found Sims 3 and then this forum there was a petition thread asking everyone to sign asking for more Sims 3 content. I happily signed. Then came 1.69 and a 2 year nightmare of trying to figure out a way around it (okay that wasn't all due to 1.69, some of it was due to a faulty laptop). But now I understand all the 'naysayers' in that thread who were like, no way. Leave my game alone.

The things I would want to add are not as important as having a stable game and being able to continue to play on 1.67.
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    No, the game would get too big, if they had kept on making new content for it for the past five years. It could use some improvement, but it wouldn't be practical for them to add any more.
    I want stability fixes and 64bit. I don't think new content at this point is a good idea when many ppl are struggling to run it smoothly. TS3 is a spectacular game, all it needs is a solid leg to stand on.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    No, because this game has enough official content as it is, and it would be hard for EA to improve it, even if they wanted to.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    My response wasn't one of the choices -

No Sims 3 is stable at 1.67 using mods that fix most of the problems. I don't need EA breaking what is currently working or adding any more glitches, problems.

I would like to see a re-write of Sims 3, as say Sims 5, with a better foundation on which to add EPs. But from what others are saying about Sims 4 I'm not sure if EA can deliver.

^That.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    Lets hope we get more stuff for TS3 when it is remade for TS5 :wink:

Well, you should probably checkout Paralives than, since there may not even be a Sims 5 at this point, and if there is, its more likely to be like the Sims 4 than the Sims 3.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes, I'm really disappointed that they never made X expansion pack, and I would love nothing more than for EA to come back to it for that reason.
    I know but Yes, there was stuff I was waiting to return and upgraded for TS3. I know, I know - updates. I still wish it can be brought into the 64 bit realm. :tongue:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited October 2019
    I didn't vote - but - I found a lot of the content that I purchased for the game was broken or broke something that wasn't previously broken. That would have been bearable if it had been fixed. But it wasn't.

If all the existing broken content had been fixed then yes, I would love more for the Sims 3. It's the only Sims game I play now having given up on Sims 4 after the base game being so boring, and the fact that I didn't want to go through the thing of buying more broken and never to be fixed add ons for yet another game.

My game runs and it does want I want.

I push it as far as I can and often try too hard and it breaks temporarily but since those issues are my doing I find a work around.

If I want new content I look to custom content. I never had that before Sims 4 was released. In other words, once they stopped releasing new items for Sims 3 I went looking for CC. With mods and CC I can still add new things to my game whenever I want to and the mods even fix some of the things that broke and never got fixed officially.

By the time the final venue was released for Sims 3 I had already purchased everything available from the Store and had all of the expansion and stuff packs so from that time on I could only look to CC and mods to add extras to my game.

If, however, a 64 bit game was released that was a 'fixed' version of Sims 3 with additional game play added I would probably go back to buying it all again. I'd soon stop though if it turned out to be more of the same old broken content that never gets properly fixed.
  • Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    No, the game would get too big, if they had kept on making new content for it for the past five years. It could use some improvement, but it wouldn't be practical for them to add any more.
    I would love performance improvements and bug fixes. But new, complete expansions? No!

The game has a lot of content and I must own around half of it. I still have a lot to try. I actually only had the base game for a long time and only started buying expansions when EA had already abandoned the game. I like the idea of being able to own everything at some point if I want, but when stuff keeps being released nonstop it becomes a giant money (and time) barrier and bugs snowball because they never stop to fix and, well, I’m ok with Sims 3 finished.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    No, because I want EA to keep its hands off my game now. Anything they add would mess it up the way they've totally borked TS4. There's so much third-party content that I don't need EA to meddle with TS3.

I really hope the next good human simulation game is from a different company. EA has dropped the ball and needs serious competition.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Late to the party as usual. I expect people have already said this but the store team was disbanded a long time ago and I doubt any of the newer developers could produce such detailed, colourful items anyway. Their focus is naturally on TS4. I would also say there were store items which never functioned correctly. It would not be unreasonable for these faults to be fixed before there was even any thought of new content. This brings us back to the problem of not having the devs who worked on these items available to sort out issues.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It should be noted here, or somewhere, that EA just today announced a "64-bit friendly" (this is what I am calling it until we get more info) version of TS3 for Mac to be released early next year. Unlike for Windows, the Mac version of the game as it now stands will not run at all on the next macOS to be released probably within a few weeks because unlike Microsoft, Apple is dropping all support for 32-bit applications for those who stay current on the OS.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/m-p/8271641#M5813

Most of us who have commented about this at MTS don't really believe this is a 64-bit version of the game, but rather a way to trick the current 32-bit only version into running in a 64-bit environment. But we wait and remain ever hopeful for surprises. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    I had no idea that they were going to do that. Seriously why haven't they fixed the few remaining Sims 3 bugs yet, if they were planning on doing that?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    I had no idea that they were going to do that. Seriously why haven't they fixed the few remaining Sims 3 bugs yet, if they were planning on doing that?
    None of us did. Even the helpers on EA's Answers.HQ board were until today telling Mac players that the game will not be playable on the new macOS. But it's possible they are under a non-disclosure agreement over there so they may not have been able to say anything until the formal announcement.

But if they are doing what we think they are doing, they are re-arranging the program executable files though Origin for Mac to allow the game program to run on the new OS and hopefully along the way get it to recognize certain processor/graphics card combos that have been very stubborn to work with on the Mac side. These things would require working from outside of the game files. They aren't, as far as we know, really going into the game files to fix or change the way the game works once it is loaded up and running. This is all then program file management, not game development/bug fixes.

At least that's what they did with Patch 1.69 on Origin for Windows. The game files themselves between 1.67 and 1.69 are exactly the same except for their internal build numbers. If the waffles were going to burn, the adults never return from their free vacation thus ruining the ongoing game save, or if the male sim's career outfit was going to include pigtails tied with ribbons or they appear to always be naked after getting out of the shower on 1.67, those did not in any way change with 1.69.

If nothing else, this announcement is proof that there is at least one beating heart and a set of ears listening to what's going on over there and should spawn hope that there are no plans at all to "pull the plug" on this game for those who have been worried about such a thing happening. Expending all that effort into keeping it working on the Mac side only to discontinue it a short while later would make no sense at all. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh jeez, I hope they don't touch WinPc's. I wouldn't want to be a beta tester for another 5 or 6 years...
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Yes, I'm really disappointed that they never made X expansion pack, and I would love nothing more than for EA to come back to it for that reason.
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Off course I don't expect EA to go back to the Sims 3, but I think the results of this poll might be interesting none the less. Pick whichever one comes to the closest to how you actually feel about this question.

I said yes only because I wish they'd made the Sims 3 store free after they stopped selling- as far as I can tell- EA cards and removed the free Sim Point ads.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @HillyBeth The Store hasn't stopped selling. I bought something only the other day. As for them giving Store stuff away for free when they do stop selling, don't hold your breath! :D
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes. I hate the Sims 4, and I wish EA kept making expansions / stuff packs / store content for the Sims 3 instead, because its a much better game
    Would be nice if Ea tossed us a bone once in a while; I’d certainly like to see an expansion of the “winter-sports” variety - skiing - there’s some nice hills in some of the worlds; and for us Canucks in the simming world - how about giving us an honest to goodness working hockey rink that can be skated on along with a net that can be shot at. C’mon, EA, is it really that hard?

You’ve been making NHL since 1994 (yes, I’ve played that game series from its inception) - it’s the first simulation I ever bought for my old 486DX2/66. And now my son buys the Xbox1 NHL games religiously. You guys have the brain-trust and experience to code a hockey rink with actions for TS3. Throw this old Simmer a bone.

And there’s I’m sure a few more bits of DLC that I can think of if I can put my mind to it. And once I stop staring at my fridge wondering why I’m standing there for...uh. Maybe it was because I’m hungry and needed to make myself a sandwich...or maybe I needed a pop (soda to you south of the 49) because,yeah, getting kinda thirsty.

Anyways, as long as I’ve got a working Sims 3, I’m sticking with it and am really disappointed that they don’t put something up in the TS3Store for us faithful.

TS5 better darned well be impressive if it’s going to get me to part with my money. Otherwise it’s steeee-rike 2 if it isn’t.
    Pary wrote: »
    Oh jeez, I hope they don't touch WinPc's. I wouldn't want to be a beta tester for another 5 or 6 years...

I would have thought after last October’s debacle Microsquash would have learned it’s lesson... oh wait...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes. I hate the Sims 4, and I wish EA kept making expansions / stuff packs / store content for the Sims 3 instead, because its a much better game
    The thing that frustrates me is that we should be talking about TS5 by now. Instead they are adding more content to TS4 yet all I see is more disappointment as all they get is set dressing.

For us TS3 players we will be happy with a bit more dressing for a while until they bring something new out :D

A 64bit version of TS3 on PC would be very welcome however! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    The thing that frustrates me is that we should be talking about TS5 by now. Instead they are adding more content to TS4 yet all I see is more disappointment as all they get is set dressing.

For us TS3 players we will be happy with a bit more dressing for a while until they bring something new out :D

A 64bit version of TS3 on PC would be very welcome however! :smiley:

@king_of_simcity7 - Not if troublesome Origin, mandatory Internet connection and patch 1.69 had to be a part of the picture... :unamused:

HillyBeth wrote: »

I said yes only because I wish they'd made the Sims 3 store free after they stopped selling- as far as I can tell- EA cards and removed the free Sim Point ads.

@HillyBeth - It's a real pity they did that. :cry: I own the Store since Oct 6 2014, and all the free bonus SimPoints I got from running ad videos payed for more than half of everything I bought.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SuzyCue72 Origin does not even live on my PC and I actually intend to keep it that way!

In fact until you mentioned it's existence.

I see it like Windows 10: Trouble.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes. I'm a long time Sims 3 player, and there's just so much that they didn't add to this great game, that I just wished they would have added, and I don't like to use mods, or CC
    Mostly, I wanted

Farm EP.
    Paddies, both round and square
    Belly rings,belly diamond, and belly chain
    Hammocks
    Exercise equipment not made in other sim games

• Options
    edited October 2019
    davina1221 wrote: »

Wouldn't a farm EP be a bit Redundant after Pets through? We got horses in Pets, and you can already make a pretty good farm, even without store content. The only thing missing is a tractor that you can ride around the lot and use to harvest the crops. That would be pretty hard for EA to pull off, even if everyone demanded it. They couldn't even add door opening animations to cars in the Sims 3. I guess that farm workers would be something they could have added, but don't they already have gardener NPCs that you can hire in the game? I imagine that they function kind of similar to way farm workers would work, which again, would kind of make a farming EP a bit redundant.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    We already have a tractor that sims ride and it tends and harvests crops, it's part of the Grandpa's Grove store set. It's pretty clear that a farming EP was in the plans at some point and got scrapped. Many of the store sets we got in late 2013-14 in the last runs of premium releases had to do with crops, farming, and food. Though they work together fine, they are a bit disjointed and a popular theory is that they were going to be part of an EP that never materialized.

Same can be said about a carnival type of EP with the merry go round, roller coaster, gondola likely having originally been planned to be connected somehow. A Tunnel of Love would have been nice, didn't we have one way back in TS1 or is my memory playing tricks on me after all these years?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    More store sets could be good and wouldn't require patches. Really, there are just little tweaks and maybe a bit of content here and there that I'd like. I want blogging via the computer, which is really more of a tweak, and apparently modders haven't been able to do it. A new computer for it would be lame, but perhaps a vlogging/blogging setup like TS4 has? I would love a woodworking bench!! U-shaped stairs. There are probably a few other objects I'd like but new sets might be cool too.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No....but I do wish they would still be releasing bug fixes for it and improving stability and performance.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No....but I do wish they would still be releasing bug fixes for it and improving stability and performance.

I wouldn't let them unclog my toilet let alone "fix" anything.