Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Science carreer

None of my plants ever mature enough for my sim to harvest any of the fruit or flowers at the lab. It has become a real nuicanse. I don't think it has always been this way ,has it ?
Laugh out loud. Often

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am presently playing the science career with a new Sims and have not seen this problem . It did have that problem a while back but has been fixed for several months now. But your sims will get command to make other sims water the plant or do things to them when your sims gets high enough in the career and has made the right equipment to order other sims there to garden.

Also I have my science sim carry a lot of fresh plants and such in his inventory - which he uses for carrying out some of the requests - etc without having to wait for his co-workers to be able to do orders. There are numerous ways to reach goals in the science career but making all the inventions, etc and get high in the science career helps the most as far as succeeding. I do not use CC or mods either so I think that helps a lot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    The plants don't seem to grow or do anything if you are not on the lot. I've noticed this with the scientist career and my retail lot recently.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Lately I've been playing with the career too and noticed this. I couldn't water and most of the plants ended up dying. For whatever reason my coworkers never had a problem watering the garden and someone would usually be doing so when I arrived for work, hardly made a difference though.

This wasn't an issue before so I thought it was one of my mods conflicting.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Well my science guy fertilizes the plants after the others water them, and does what he can. I added more pots and had my science guy plant other plants as well. I really have not had a lot of problems with it with my newest scientist. I do know if he gets told to water a plant I have him plant a new plant and then it lets him water it.

I will admit it did used to run easier and smoother up until they added Get Famous to the game - as that pack did cause some bugs - which were sort of fixed - but I do spend more time figuring out how to accomplish some tasks than i used to have to. But so far I have worked most out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    The plants not growing was a problem introduced since last years seasons patch and it's still partly there. Because most plants are producing crobs at 5am.

I'm using this mod to get outside of work times to the science labor.

https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160482176315/the-sims-4-mod-travel-to-special-lots
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I do use a couple of mods to address my problems with the career. One changes the jobs hours to graveyard shift to allow the garden there to grow. I am not sure if I will keep this one or not. Previously I simply grew the plants at home and brought them to work.

I also use one that allows me to transform grass with the simray. Both are from Mod the Sims, I think.

I have no solution for the notebook which is completely wacky. My work around is to look up all the breakthroughs on Carl's guide so I know what ingredients are needed for each.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    The plants don't seem to grow or do anything if you are not on the lot. I've noticed this with the scientist career and my retail lot recently.

Yes, the lot must be active for plants to grow. And some plants take more than 24 to reach produce level.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    My scientist is level 10 and goes in to work every time and usually stays the extra hour. I have just been bringing plants from home to work around this for now. My scientist is a vamp so he has a very long life and this is the 4th season and still nothing. I have grown plants from seeds and that works but they never produce.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have given up on the plants at the lab and am now having my scientist grow his own at home.
  • Options
    so i'm not alone
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    No, it hasn't always been this way and no, you're not alone! The lab garden worked perfectly before the gardening patch just prior to Seasons. It was later fixed in yet another patch, but has since once again been borked by a patch.

When my current Scientist started his career a couple weeks ago, the garden plants were ready to be harvested when he arrived. After that, the ones that hadn't grown yet are just now starting to mature, he can water them and fertilize, but that's it. No harvesting available. It's a shame and I hope it's fixed again in a near future patch. I'd use that mod mentioned, but thus far have not used any mods or CC in my game and would rather not. Nothing against them, I'm just used to playing a vanilla game.

Anyway, I've been getting around it the same way as others, either bringing my own plants from my Sim's garden, found around his neighborhood or, in a pinch, he sometimes orders plants via 'purchase gifts' on his cell or by clicking on the plant pots in the garden area. It can be expensive doing it that way though, especially for the Rose serum if you aren't in the right season to get them from the Romance festival for free or other places around the worlds. One rose bought via 'purchase gifts' is 144 simoleons. o.O

He's leveled up in the career far enough now to make the cloning machine. So he keeps at least one of each plant not grown in his personal garden in his inventory, and clones them as needed.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Yes that's what I have been doing , cloning the plants. I hope this gets fixed as this is my favourite carreer. Every one must have a ray gun.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Frn0731 I hope it does too and it's my absolute favorite career as well! <3 My Sim will probably only make one additional ray gun for his Son, Quazar, once the little guy grows up. Unless he gets abducted again and gets another special package from Sixam, then I guess he'll need another one. lol Every alien needs a ray gun, right? ;)

On a side note, this is the very first abduction pregnancy I've had in my game! That was the whole reason I decided to do this career again, in hopes of getting an alien baby! I was shocked when he came back preggers after the very first abduction! I have an astronaut that's been abducted numerous times, yet no baby. I was beginning to lose hope!

Anyway, I apologize for going a bit off topic, have fun with the career, it's the best! And...

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I've only had GTW about a month, and the gardening has never worked properly for me at the lab. My scientist can fertilize the plants but not water. Every time he gets the task to water a plant, I plant one from my inventory then water it. Once it matures, I can only fertilize.

Hoping this gets corrected. It would save a little time, and the plants wouldn't always be dying from not being watered.

I too use the cloning machine a lot if I don't have a large stash of something.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Same here as everyone with my scientist, I just re-plant a new one each time.

@Madachan88 Thanks for the grass transfer mod!

Anyone have a workaround/problems with tourist not showing up? I looked everywhere throughout the day, even found a lil park, but it was only regular sims there.
  • Options
    @Tixyen , those regular sims at that little park are the tourist sims .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @Frn0731 really? Well shoot! Thanks! I thought it had to say tourist over their head as a tag like lab technicians. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Just noticed that the plants are not growing in Sixam either. I had to take cuttings and plant them at home too.
    Laugh out loud. Often