Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Sages supposed to appear in other towns?

I just started playing Realm of Magic and haven't gone through the portal yet. However the sages keep appearing in other towns as NPCs. I haven't seen Morgyn yet, but L. Faba was working as a flea market stand and Simeon showed up in the Strangerville Library and started talking to himself in the bathroom mirror. Neither have any indications that they're sages, so I'm not sure if they are still or not? Is this supposed to happen or did my game randomly replace them?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, you will see them in other towns, but they won't be performing any kind of magic. Yes they are still sages, and you'll notice this if your sim goes to the Magic Realm, but while anywhere else they hide who they really are.

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Okay that makes sense I thought I read somewhere they were tied to Magic Realm, but I guess even high ranking Spellcasters need to give themselves a peptalk in a public bathroom sometimes.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    L. Faba likes to hangout in Strangerville in my game....
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I see them at festivals in San Myshuno all the time. Definitely still Sages!
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Even sages need to get out of the realm once in a while and see daylight. :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I see them all the time in my saves... but just as walkbys. I'm guessing when the next pack is released we'll see more of those premades instead. That seems to be the way it works with each pack addition for me anyway.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    I do see them from time to time but they're just acting "normally" as any other non-magical Sim would. I have to say I was worried about the magic being used elsewhere but Maxis have done well to keep it contained to just the magic realm. I've never seen any sims using magic outside of it so you can easily just consider magical sims and sages as any other townie if your current household hasn't gone down the magic path.