Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else did you turn into a spell caster? (premades)

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I was going through my template save. This save I play very little, mainly only when I'm updating something for a new pack, and I use this to start other game saves off of. Anyways I came to the Free Spirits household in Windenburg. While I was looking at Ulrike Faust and thought she would make a pretty good witch, aka spell caster. She is part of the Renegades (a club). Here is a picture of her in case you don't know who she is.

250?cb=20171223231810

I thought that she would make a pretty cool witch, and now she looks like this.

70899773_1371932099623748_406088642440724480_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQmUGCdgf8XvphrcOR_D5EqlOn0-U3AKfTrVMYojzcaUSGY69gVSNwGHQO-DjTmr-DktjGlaOITUqosEQnMU4w1U&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=0d3ce8d3e723812db2759d556f24d1c6&oe=5DF0CE75

She has two familiars, the raven (in the photo) and the black bunny with the red eyes. At the moment she is practicing on her Mischief Magic.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I seldom play premades. However, my 2nd Gen heir married into the Goth family. My older 2nd Gen spare is the Spellcaster, and in addition with bestowing the Rite of Ascension on his nephew Darian, he has agreed to restore the lost Goth magical bloodline by performing the same favor for his brother's sister-in-law, Cassandra Goth.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Only The Goths so far.

—T
  • Options
    Yeah - I want to keep Spellcasting fairly exclusive.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I made the Goths spellcasters also. That's all so far.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    So far, my template has the Goths (bar Mortimer) and Nancy Landgraab. (I have my own little headcannon that Nancy and Bella studied under the same magic teacher, and Nancy was envious that Bella, being a hereditary spellcaster, had it easy.) I have not made Malcolm a spellcaster, though perhaps I should.

Others I'm still debating on.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I love how everyone did the Goths haha

I always imagine them from Makin’ Magic so it fits them to be magical.

—T
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Definitely all the Goths, and Keala and Lia.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I also made the Goth's spellcasters, but Don Lothario is one also. He is finding that transcendent charmer potion quite useful
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @ryttu3k Oo, Lia became a spellcaster in my game, too! Actually, pretty sure Lia is the only premade I made into a spellcaster. I only have three of them in total so far. They're a close-knit group.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @katrinasforest , she and Keala work really well as casters! Keala is already sort of the spiritual leader of Sulani, so it made sense to me, and Lia works as her apprentice as well as her granddaughter.

I have... so many spellcasters. Premades aside, I also have a ton of Harry Potter ones, the Addams family, my main, and two of my other Sims. Plus a few other premades who just decided to become spellcasters on their own - I removed it from most of them, but kept it for Siobhan Fyres and, uh, Bob Pancakes.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ulrike and Maaike both. Gunther Munch and Lucas (Wolfgang is a vampire), Geeta Rasoya.... coming next the old lady from Sulani and her grandaugther. Oh, and Cassandra, of course.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Caleb Vatore is now a spellcastor, and he’s the only premade in my game that became one. His spellcastor girlfriend made him the vampire cure and then gifted him the ability. They both are immortal (due to MCCC), and have a hybrid vampire/spellcastor daughter.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I also made the Goths into spellcasters (expect Mortimer, still can't decide if I want him to be a vampire or spellcaster yet). Also Diego Lobo.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I made Bella Goth a spellcaster (and cheated to give her an ancient bloodline trait), but had both her children not have magic. I just liked the idea of her having it be a secret. In a more story based game I’m thinking of having it so Cassandra does have magical visions of the future, but didn’t get the full shebang so to speak, whereas Alexander... still deciding on his quirk.

However the biggest witch family is the Fyres. Made everyone in that family a witch and gave both Dominic and Moira a strong bloodline trait.

Outside of them, I made the Hoapili family spellcasters, but basing them more on the traditions of the island, and I think that’s it.

*thinks of any others I would’ve made spellcasters* yeah I’m pretty sure that’s it.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I started the easy way, with one of the Charm family as they already had the Glimmerston in their inventory which took them immediately to the magic world and he found the 7 stones needed to become a Spellcaster.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I made Venessa Jeong into a spellcaster.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I made Bella Goth a spellcaster (and cheated to give her an ancient bloodline trait), but had both her children not have magic. I just liked the idea of her having it be a secret. In a more story based game I’m thinking of having it so Cassandra does have magical visions of the future, but didn’t get the full shebang so to speak, whereas Alexander... still deciding on his quirk.

My story for them is a bit different. It's also turning out to be LONG - I had not realized my head-canon was so elaborate. I'll tuck it under spoiler tags to spare folks the wall of text and screencaps.

Way back at the turn of the 20th Century, they were a prominent magical family. In the Old World, the family name was still von Göthe, and around 1916, Doctor Faustus von Göthe sought to preserve the endangered Académie d'Arcane by Transportalating the entire manor, its gardens, its outdoor ballroom (a popular dueling-ground) and supporting village to a theoretical location he surmised to exist on the Astral Plane. He succeeded in removing the manor from the bombardment that would have destroyed it, but with catastrophic damage to the academy itself. For that, his wand and grimoire and cauldron and broom were confiscated, and he was subjected to the Rite of Dissolution and exiled. He would have been Mortimer Goth's great-grandfather.

Jump to the present day. Mortimer knows from family journals that they used to be magicians. He also knows that, even if they were to find their way to the academy, his family would meet an uncertain reception. But amongst the fragmentary records available to him is another name from the Old World, "Baulaire". Geneviève Baulaire had been the sole voice raised in Doctor Faustus' defense at his tribunal. Nothing in family records indicated she'd had any descendents.

In the present, it's the name of a very well known fashion columnist and lifestyle writer in Oasis Springs - readers of Simouge and Better Gnomes and Gardens have been reading meditative, moody, engaging articles by Avery Baulaire for years now. Avery seems largely unaware of his own magical heritage, although he has authored a handful of "New Age" books on tangental subjects like yoga and mindful living. It isn't really until the two families merge with the marriage of Mortimer's son, Alexander, and Avery's son, Alf, that he really makes the connection with Faustus von Göthe's triumph and tragedy.

xlI0Slm.png

GvxdUR0.png

Now, Alf is not magically gifted, nor even particularly curious, taking after his other dad, the practical and pragmatic Riley McGee more. But Avery's second son, Bhakti, was born (and named) when Avery was in the middle of a very deep exploration of mysticism, meditation, and the artistic expression of emotions. And Bhakti not only had similar interests but, on finishing high school, had no immediate career or family ambitions. Baulaire money (Riley earns an entirely respectable income as a celebrity chef, but nothing like the fistfuls of cash that Simogue throws at Avery to keep him writing for them) provided a nice cushion of financial independence, and it happened that the Goths - already leasing a rooming house they own in Willow Creek to Alf and Alexander - also still own what was once a caretaker's cottage in the once fashionable mountain resort town of Glimmerbrook.

8y4rJKk.png

Before he was even graduated from school, Bhakti took a weekend trip up into the mountains to look the place over, and to test his resolve to pass a certain portal, and make certain introductions.

HtbPSVR.png

yhaByo6.png
    Bhakti: "I swear by this, my extra-credit homework, and on my honor as a valedictorian, to uphold the three precepts of the magic arts and to conduct myself always in such a manner as is a credit to my teachers. So mote it be."

Sages: "So mote it be."

Bhakti has a mission, asked of him as a favor by his brother's father-in-law, and also now his landlord, but he is more than happy to assist. In addition to exploring the theory and practice of magic in general, that he should seek out some way to restore the lost von Göthe heritage. He is a diligent student and, in spite of the understandably tempting distractions of his new roommate and "assistant", Beejay Kinsey, Bhakti works his way steadily through the corpus of Magia Practicum, eventually attaining the pinnacle of that art, the Rite of Ascension, itself.

ABPcFeN.png

4ThosvO.png

Next time he visits Alf and Alexander, for a family dinner in Willow Creek (bringing Beejay along to meet his brothers and his dads), Bhakti is able to honor his promise. He uses Avery's connections in the art conservancy world to arrange the return of Dr. Faustus von Göthe's cauldron, crystal besom, and his priceless, annotated manuscript copy of the legendary Glimmerbók.

f8Sw5bb.png

Once he is a teen, Bhakti's nephew, Darian Goth-Baulaire, will also have his chance to explore the mystic arts. But no need to delay elsewhere. Bhakti visits Cassandra Goth along with Beejay just as the witching hour approaches and, at the stroke of midnight, restores to her the powers of her lost birthright.

LWHApOH.png

TL;DR: Cassandra Goth is fully empowered as a Spellcaster, resident as a governess in her brother's household, and no one to mess with!

kud9PCZ.png