Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    Doctor sims have special romantic interactions like "Check hotness"
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    If your Sims move, they get a choice of selling all their furnishings or having them all brought with them in their household inventory, which is a huge pain when they move out of an apartment in San Myshuno, because then the apartment is bare and you have to take the time to re-furnish it for the next household. Same with houses, of course. To get around this, I try to remember never to have a household move out, but to use the Evict function instead, because it leaves everything there and JUST moves the Sims. Had to spend forever redoing an apartment (17 Culpepper House to be exact) and was so annoyed at having to take the time when I wasn't in a building mood, that I went ahead and did it up really nicely, carefully keeping only basegame and City Living items in it, so in case I ever mess up and let someone move instead of being evicted and wind up with it bare again, I saved it as a room (removed a wall panel from the bathroom and bedroom, and boom, it's a "room") on the gallery. But yes, use Evict if you don't want to have to go through the building/furnishing process every time!

If you choose "Sell Furnishings," the items stay on the lot from which you are moving away, and you get the money. Just put everything that you want to keep in the Household Inventory before moving and selling the rest. If you chose to Evict the Household, I don't believe the household gets any money from the lot furnishings, which I usually need.

If you have made changes to the lot where you lived, and want the lot to be exactly as it was in a new game, before being lived in, just go to the Main Menu and start a New Save. Go to the lot, save it to your Library. Go back into the Save you were playing when you moved, load the changed lot, bulldoze it, and replace it with the one from your Library.

For some reason, in my games at least up to now, selling furnishings always results in a bare house! I have no idea why it would be different for my game than anyone else's, but it's a huge pain. I will have to try moving some townies and selling their furnishings to see if it's the same thing with them. It would be nice if by selling the furnishings, they stayed with the building, because the choice to either haul it all with them in the inventory, or leave wherever they just moved from, completely unfurnished, kind of stinks. But now I am definitely going to try it again to make sure I'm not crazy. :)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    In the main town in Sulani , if you let your sim get hungry your neighbours will come over and bring food.

That is such a nice touch of Aloha spirit. Now you're tempting me to eventually get IL just for a place to get on island time for a while, and who cares if it doesn't have fabulous careers and such.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Sims in the scientist career can accuse others of being an alien under the mean category. When accusing an actual alien that alien will remove their disguise.

Cool to know, but saddens me somehow, because is being an alien bad? It seems about as appropriate as accusing someone of being a certain nationality. Utsu.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    In the main town in Sulani , if you let your sim get hungry your neighbours will come over and bring food.

Yes, it so nice, even when a toddler is hungry, they'll pass by :smile:
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2019
    It could be just me, but I didn't know there could be sims instigated woohoo, romantic has never been one of the traits I pick for my sims, but in this legacy I have 2 that are now married. One day they were both flirty and went and woohooed on their own! The queued interaction suddenly popped up on my other sim that said "be propositioned!" lol I wonder whether this is paving the way for unplayed sims to increase their families on their own?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    It could be just me, but I didn't know there could be sims instigated woohoo, romantic has never been one of the traits I pick for my sims, but in this legacy I have 2 that are now married. One day they were both flirty and went and woohooed on their own! The queued interaction suddenly popped up on my other sim that said "be propositioned!" lol I wonder whether this is paving the way for unplayed sims to increase their families on their own?

I've often had two Sims with the romantic trait but never had that happen, so I hope it is a new addition. It'd be good if unplayed sims could pair off and have families on their own.
    In TS3, I moved the brother of a sim out, and when he returned he had a girlfriend, but that's never happened in TS4, well, not for me anyway.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »

This happened to me, but once, way back in like 2016 :scream: Since it never happened after, I thought it was removed
    It'd be nice if the game actually was capable of marrying off/tfb without playing the household, but at least MCC exists to make it happen :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The lump of clay can give off an emotional aura depending on what the sim moulds it into.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    If you are not opposed to using needs cheat (to up the needs of a sim) it seems to also reset the charge on a Spellcaster, making the charge go down as well as up their needs
  • TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    What is the most interesting enjoyable job/career to have?
  • Harbringerof_BoredomHarbringerof_Boredom Posts: 12 New Member
    Your sims actually don’t have to be a foodie or glutton to love fruitcake! I think it’s a hidden trait, but I haven’t checked. I do know that two of my sims who are not foodies or gluttons love fruitcake.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yep - liking or hating fruitcake is a universal hidden trait, discovered by eating it. Sometimes I check. Sometimes the welcome wagon fruitcake goes right in the trash. Sometimes I leave it out and watch my masochistic fruitcake haters go back for seconds. :D
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited October 2019
    If a sim makes their significant other mad, the "WooHoo" option becomes "Apologize... in Bed."
    funny-gifs20.gif

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited October 2019
    Just found out that when your sim makes the potty mouth toilet mad by insulting tech it will splash you with water from the bowl.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I just found out that the kids don't wake the llama table also has a second game option. If you want a change you can switch the game to a card game.

psRHtTh.png
    Wzwv6md.png
  • WarlockFaceWarlockFace Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello , i thing about new part this gme. And waht you thing about it
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    A. When two teen or older sims that are both boys have a high friendship level, they do that bro hug thing.

B. Sims can sit on swings and eat at the same time!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    If a sim makes their significant other mad, the "WooHoo" option becomes "Apologize... in Bed."

When we're on this topic, I love how the 'Talk like a pirate' holiday turns it into 'Ask to rock boat'.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top