Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they do an Alien Pack / Patch ?

Comments

• iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Yes
    I'd love an alien patch. Aliens are awesome and deserve more love. :)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No, I don't care about the aliens
    As I don’t like aliens I really would hate any patch related to them
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    I'd love for aliens to be expanded on. I'd like them to have more powers and a way for us to have them (or other life states) live on their home planet. To have this it would either be DLC for DLC or have them patched in and make another pack in relation to them.
    I'd be okay with any way they can make that work even though I bought GTW. I'd also like restrictions put on them like they seem to be doing with the more recent supernaturals (mermaids not just all over the place).. and it looks like witches won't be casting autonomously outside of the realm.
    I'd like the player to be able to control whether they will play a big part in their game and be seen or not in other words.
    egTcBMc.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am not a big alien player but two of my sims ended up with alien babies SIGH. I kept them because well there is not that much randomness to the game so I have to get it when I can.

I want them to FIX SIXAM. That world needs more going on. One lot, look at plants, etc... I personally think if they were going to do a story like the Strangerville story, it should have been on Sixam instead. Working your way to get to Sixam, getting there and maybe helping the aliens with some sort of story like Strangerville would have been more satisfying than getting there and taking a few screenshots of a beautiful place with nothing in it.
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Honestly after RoM the only occult related thing I want is robots.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes
    Patch GTW so Aliens get a power progression tree like Vampires do, and add some new powers. Telekinesis, levitation, pyrokinesis... >:)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Yes
    I’d love that because aliens are one of my favourite thing in the game, but only if it’s a patch! No more My First Pet Stuff nonsense, please. Kinda OT, but I hope we’ll get better PlantSims one day :/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Yes
    Free Patch please. Also, they should have the Alien form closed like Vampires and you can copy your Alien sim's human form onto the Alien form. And add more eye colors, ears, skin colors, alien make-up better alien clothing & have them have two hearts.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Free Patch please. Also, they should have the Alien form closed like Vampires and you can copy your Alien sim's human form onto the Alien form. And add more eye colors, ears, skin colors, alien make-up better alien clothing & have them have two hearts.

Definitely yes to the ability to copy appearance between forms like the Vampires!

Also, the "two hearts" thing kind of reminded me of the movie Earth Girls are Easy (starring Jeff Goldblum, and Jim Carrey before his 90's heyday)...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes
    They really did aliens dirty imo. Now that we see how great vampires work, that's the system I want implemented for ALL of my supernaturals. I'd also love if plantsims could be actual supernaturals again and not just a "condition".

However, if the only way for these to happen is through mfps style packs (dlc for dlc) then my vote changes to a no.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    They really did aliens dirty imo. Now that we see how great vampires work, that's the system I want implemented for ALL of my supernaturals. I'd also love if plantsims could be actual supernaturals again and not just a "condition".

However, if the only way for these to happen is through mfps style packs (dlc for dlc) then my vote changes to a no.

Omg are plantsims still in the game? I didn't know that.

And yes, I think the vampire perks and weaknessess system should be implemented to all the occults. Aliens and mermaids would be much less dull.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes
    luxsylvan wrote: »

Omg are plantsims still in the game? I didn't know that.

And yes, I think the vampire perks and weaknessess system should be implemented to all the occults. Aliens and mermaids would be much less dull.

As far as I know they are. There was an event a few years back that allowed you to become a plantsim. You still can through cheats I believe, and also seed packets if you have seasons. But it only lasts a few days before you need to redo it.

Aliens are such a shame, I agree. There is a lot of untapped potential for objects, clothes, traits, aspirations, jobs, types of powers, having your own alien abduct others or not, like how vampires can make Sims give them blood or not...I haven't played mermaids so I don't know about that one.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes
    It is really difficult to play with my dear aliens now. I wish I could just remove their disguise because I never use it.

Manage household: I am combining two households of aliens and I constantly have to go back into live mode and write up their names because I do not know the disguise of every single alien in the game.

Guess it is done so that the players who do not want occult sims can ignore them but it really was a nerf for me. It is difficult to find my favorite alien household in rotational play because I just don’t know who is who anymore. Unless I go into live mode for each household.
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Yes
    It is really difficult to play with my dear aliens now. I wish I could just remove their disguise because I never use it.

I totally agree @SilentKitty ! I never use the disguise. I try to dress my alien sims similarly in their disguise, so I am not totally confused in manage households, but I would prefer to see their alien form again - like it was before Island Living - or if we could get rid of the disguise altogether.

• jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I'd prefer it to be a patch, but yes.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes
    Freechheit wrote: »

I totally agree @SilentKitty ! I never use the disguise. I try to dress my alien sims similarly in their disguise, so I am not totally confused in manage households, but I would prefer to see their alien form again - like it was before Island Living - or if we could get rid of the disguise altogether.

I try to do the same thing, it doesn’t really work for me. I miss my aliens so much, cursed disguise.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I never wanted aliens to begin with.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Yes
    Aliens are the most lacking occult for me in gameplay besides mermaids. I understand aliens are not the main focus of the GTW pack but I would welcome a patch or pack that would add to them a bit more.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It doesn't matter
    They probably should because fleshed out occults are better than not-fleshed-out ones (vampires vs mermaids for instance). I wouldn't buy the pack, but the option should be there for people who want it.

When Supernatural came out, they upgraded Vampires to make them more in line with the new occults. It definitely made them far more interesting to play.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    I pull this face whenever I try to play my aliens and I remember how basic they are...
    qN8qPS3.png
    And then this face when I think of how awesome spellcasters and vamps are in comparison...
    xFoPpV8.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Technically I believe they moved the photography skill to the base game years later which is funny because it lowers the amount of content for GTW which a lot of people think was already a weak EP. So Moschino stuff pack enhanced a base game feature.

No one was happy with my first pet stuff requiring you to own cats and dogs. So much that there wasn't another stuff pack for well over a year. I don't think anyone would want an alien pack requiring you to own GTW.

It would have to be a patch.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited September 2019
    It doesn't matter
    I don't care too much but if I had to choose I will pick a patch, not a pack... that would be like My First Pet thing all over again! I don't like the idea of dlc for dlc. Make a proper dlc and you won't need another to fix or complete the previous!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    Technically I believe they moved the photography skill to the base game years later which is funny because it lowers the amount of content for GTW which a lot of people think was already a weak EP. So Moschino stuff pack enhanced a base game feature.

No one was happy with my first pet stuff requiring you to own cats and dogs. So much that there wasn't another stuff pack for well over a year. I don't think anyone would want an alien pack requiring you to own GTW.

It would have to be a patch.

About The Sims 3, there were Vampires in Late Night EP but Maxis revamped them in Supernatural EP.
    About The Sims 2, there were Zombies in University EP, FreeTime EP and Apartment Life EP.

I don't remember people complaining about that.

Maxis is able to repack or revamp a life state in a new EP. A Future themed EP could update the aliens.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    I'd like to see them patched. I'd like their forms to copy over please, now that we know it can be done with vampires so why not go back and let aliens have that same luxury.

We had such great aliens in TS3. They've taken steps back again. I'd like them to be their former glory before the patch took everything away. Why is it always just one group getting things their way anyways, just because they're loud about it doesn't mean that there isn't the same amount of us sitting quietly happily playing with the game as is. This is another example of where we need some toggles, a toggle to activate them would have been useful instead of just a nerf bat. If they could patch it out, they can patch it back, but add a toggle this time so the people that don't want them can just turn them off. They had toggles for all the supernaturals in TS3, so why not here too? :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    I’d like it if aliens could wear the eyeliner and lipstick from Realm of Magic.