Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

found old sims and lots from past saves help getting them to show up

simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
Hi,
I have had the ultimate collection and found my old saved disc for the sims 2, but the neighborhoods, houses and sims will not show up.
Can someone help me know what i did wrong?

Thanks in advance, I really miss my old sims

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

What have you tried to get them to show?
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    edited September 2019
    copied them to the ultimate folder, they wont show up, then researched and realized i have double deluxe and university installed and ultimate in a different folder.
    now when i hover the icon on the desk top that i double click to play i get
    program files 86 the sims 2 ultimate fun with pets Sp9
    that folder has
    CSBin
    TSBin
    TSData
    do you know by chance where my files go?
    edited September 2019
    You're moving your old saves into the game files. Don't do that.

The old saves go into the Documents save files - Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection

The saves are in My Documents just like TS3 and TS4. Don't mess with the game files in My Computer unless you know more.
    Thank you for responding! i was just researching the files but there was not the right folders so i didn't move them there, i put them in the documents folder but they are not showing up
    Okay. So, next - what do you want to move first? Maybe I can help one at a time. :)
    My neighborhoods, families and houses are all
    edited September 2019
    Okay, Neighborhoods go in - Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods
    The Whole folder (N00#)

Now, before you move it, make sure there isn't already a neighborhood folder with the same number. Pleasantview is N001; Strangetown is N002, Veronaville is N003. If you are moving one of those, make sure to delete the newest from the neighborhoods folder and then paste your N00# folder.

The families associated with those neighborhoods will be in that folder.

The Whole Folder is what you move -
    TxpztBB.jpg

This is what is in the folders (if you had all the expansions and subhoods attached) leave them there. Don't remove or mess with these
    nn8Jy5k.jpg

Now, are you talking about your Sims in Bodyshop? (SavedSims folder)
    Thank you for responding! i was just researching the files but there was not the right folders so i didn't move them there, i put them in the documents folder but they are not showing up
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Okay, Neighborhoods go in - Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods
    The Whole folder (N00#)

Now, before you move it, make sure there isn't already a neighborhood folder with the same number. Pleasantview is N001; Strangetown is N002, Veronaville is N003. If you are moving one of those, make sure to delete the newest from the neighborhoods folder and then paste your N00# folder.

The families associated with those neighborhoods will be in that folder.

The Whole Folder is what you move -
    TxpztBB.jpg

This is what is in the folders (if you had all the expansions and subhoods attached) leave them there. Don't remove or mess with these
    nn8Jy5k.jpg

Now, are you talking about your Sims in Bodyshop? (SavedSims folder)

thanks for this! it will help a lot! unfortunately the saved sims folder is empty, don't understand why except i did not understand "packaging" families until it was too late