Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Judith Ward

I play rotationally, and it's been a while since I checked global star and actress Judith Ward. In my game she was married 3 times, but lives alone in that huge The Pinnacles mansion of hers. There is a butler, a maid, and occasionally she hires a male bartender to keep her company. But I never thought about her finances...?

I just returned to her house, and voila - the cash balance is §0 !!! I didn't even dare to check if there are bills in her mail box.

Question to you: How can Judith Ward make some money in a hurry? I mean, collecting a gem worth §125 is not really matching her standards. What options are there?

Her fame is still 5 stars, even if I never sent her to a gig. And she doesn't even own a computer to work those social medias. As I hardly played her, she didn't use her phone a lot either, and I doubt there can be that many followers. But if she builds followers in a hurry, I mean, it would be quite realistic that she has a good number of them - can she make quick money from social media without becoming a media publisher or trend setter etc? But based on her fame alone?

I had her sign up for a gig but she hardly has skills, lol - I'll make her take a job that she isn't really qualifying for. Can't wait to see her fail, LOL. But it would of course be wiser money wise to let her make some success...

Any suggestions?

And how can her cash balance drop to §0 while she is not played? I thought cash was hardly changing while household is not active.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited September 2019
    LOL - I checked her followers... after adding to simstagram story, she now has 24 followers, total. Ha ha. Poor thing!

Added: Is it the butler service that is draining her cash balance even when not being played? There was just a notice from the butler that the service had not been paid in full, so §18.983 has been added to Judith's bills this week!!! Ouch! I had no idea butlers is such a bad idea when playing rotationally! :open_mouth:
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited September 2019
    Well you could collect and sell items, paint and sell the paintings...between gigs you can do “odd jobs” via phone. Also you can constantly have her update her social media with her phone to gain followers....she can dabble in some photography and upload the pics and then sell those.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Don’t wanna cheat funds?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    She’s a global star without acting skills?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    She’s a global star without acting skills?

She has good acting skills, but the most tempting gigs suggested fitness=7 or charisma=7, and EA obviously did not even give this global star a high charisma skill.
    Don’t wanna cheat funds?

Yes, because of the butler charging + §18.900 I will need to cheat her enough money to pay those bills. She just fired the butler. I will find a solution having one sim from one other household move in with her to be the butler. Then I can control the butler's activities a bit better, too :)
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Well you could collect and sell items, paint and sell the paintings...between gigs you can do “odd jobs” via phone. Also you can constantly have her update her social media with her phone to gain followers....she can dabble in some photography and upload the pics and then sell those.

Thanks, but I don't think it suits a global star to run about collecting stuff to sell... it would be fine with a newcomer though, but not Judith Ward :) I'll have her work her followers, but not sure she will make lots of money from it. Hopefully there are some options that unlock on the 5 star level. I never had my sims get this famous.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019

Thanks, but I don't think it suits a global star to run about collecting stuff to sell... it would be fine with a newcomer though, but not Judith Ward :) I'll have her work her followers, but not sure she will make lots of money from it. Hopefully there are some options that unlock on the 5 star level. I never had my sims get this famous.

Even exclusive hard working actors have to take time out to do something to help themselves, even if it does seem below their standard from your point of view.

if you got empty planters, start gathering snapdragons from the local area and start planting. you'll be able to help pay off that debt over the week when the plants start flowering like crazy on certain days.

start writing books and make a little extra that way as well. get your handiness skills up and start creating furniture and sculptures.

If you combine the writing and planting efforts in tandem, you are likely to write off that debt fairly quickly over the week, but to make the most out of writing you need to write quite a few books to get much out of it.

if those don't appeal and you got selling value on certain household items like paint works, curtains and the like, you can sell some of those off until you can recover enough to buy them back again at another point.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    She could plant a money tree, gotten in reward points, it gives out 8k and more if it's evolved enough that's per day, def sounds like something she could have and not really have to work for, just make sure she's home at the time it blooms so you can have it grow quickly to begin producing money
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    She could plant a money tree, gotten in reward points, it gives out 8k and more if it's evolved enough that's per day, def sounds like something she could have and not really have to work for, just make sure she's home at the time it blooms so you can have it grow quickly to begin producing money

i was thinking along those lines as well, but i deciided against suggesting it after snapdragons because the tree would take too long to develop and to produce the required amount and you need 5,000 reward points to get it and that wouldn't be possible inside a weeks in game time, that is unless you cheat to do it.
    edited September 2019
    @Hoverael @smurfy77

Yea, I think the money tree would be such a great match! But as I hardly played her in the past, she has only a few reward points. Bills are due in 24 hrs... But she can plan for a future money tree anyway :)

Where can she find Snapdragons? I thought they had to be splined, never thought they exist ready to be picked. It's Fall in my game, hopefully that won't be a problem? Anyway, she has a few gardening skills, so she will save it for later if they don't grow in Fall.

And I love the writing book idea! Would be perfect for a global star like her to write her memoir ;) Even if the income will not be quick (she has no writing skills per se) she will definitely do this sometime in the future.
    Yea, I think the money tree would be a great match! But as I hardly played her in the past, she has only a few reward points. Bills are due in 24 hrs...

Where can she find Snapdragons? I thought they had to be splined, never thought they exist ready to be picked. It's Fall in my game, hopefully that won't be a problem? Anyway, she has a few gardening skills, so she will save it for later if they don't grow in Fall.

And I love the writing book idea! Would be perfect for a global star like her to write her memoir ;) Even if the income will not be quick (she has no writing skills per se) she will definitely do this sometime in the future.

Snapdragons are in bloom during Spring and Fall seasons, and they can be easily found in Willow Creek along the dead end road that contains Cabana Creek, Singleton Stream and the BFF household. they can also be found along another deadend road where the Pancakes household is as well. you have to be in that zone long enough to let the plants sprout their first flowers though, that could take a few game hours to do.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    I make her go to work in my game, as an actress of course, no common job. That mansion isn't going to pay for itself. :D
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Yea, I think the money tree would be a great match! But as I hardly played her in the past, she has only a few reward points. Bills are due in 24 hrs...

Snapdragons are in bloom during Spring and Fall seasons, and they can be easily found in Willow Creek along the dead end road that contains Cabana Creek, Singleton Stream and the BFF household. they can also be found along another deadend road where the Pancakes household is as well. you have to be in that zone long enough to let the plants sprout their first flowers though, that could take a few game hours to do.

Aha, it's the red flowers. Thanks! I thought about the Bird of paradise I guess. I know where to find Snapdragons, many of my sims already grow them :)

Sharonia wrote: »
    I make her go to work in my game, as an actress of course, no common job. That mansion isn't going to pay for itself. :D

Yea, that's the smart thing to do :) I do send other acting sims to gigs, and they do make a living, I just never played Judith Ward enough to really plan her everyday. I'm a bit surprised though that her fame is still on top. And today her reputation hit rock bottom as well, LOL. She's actually some interesting character :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Even better thsn snapdragons are dragonfruit which are for collecting at the Romance festival (no rambling through the countryside required) however you have to wait for the festival. And then they take 3 to 4 days to grow. But dragonfruit sell for 250 each i think. (Or scrape together some money for a day trip to granite falls to buy a glowfruit, instant money maker)

Sometimes I get my asset rich cash poor sims to sell off furniture and clutter items pretending they have pawned them. Quick money boost and you can rebuy them later (get them back from pawn shop). A little secret that maintains her rich appearance in the public eye.

Narrowing wide staircases and deleting one if there are two are also quick money spinners. Make 2 or 3 rooms open plan, knocking down the wall gets you money. (I am sad that my Sims have money spinning ideas because I fail to look after their finances).

Finally marrying rich is right up Judith's alley. That doesnt take long and the marriage will add drama to your game.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I think it's time for husband #4.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Do you think it would be beneath Judith to go fishing? I don't have the pack so I have no idea about her traits or anything. Anyway, if she'd be amenable to the idea, send her fishing at the pier in Magnolia Promenade. That spot is reliable for fishing up Dragonfruit and VooDoo dolls. What ever she ends up doing, good luck Judith! :)
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    @Simmerville, as for the butler if you have enough reward points get the "free services" reward trait. It allows you to request a single-use maid/gardener for free as often as you want; just not sure if butlers are included.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I'd sell that mansion, and buy a little starter bachelorette pad. That should help considerably. Fire the Butler and the Maid, get her skilling up in Fitness and Charisma, and have her befriend the Repair person when things break (as they will in a starter place). Build her career and income up over a few in-game weeks. A small place she can maintain herself, without going broke. Mansions are white elephants. Great if you have too much money and need to siphon the excess away with high bills, but wasted space otherwise.
    Hey, thanks for more input! So many great ideas for Judith :)

She has some gardening skills, so it wouldn't be strange for her to grow some dragonfruits or glowfruits.
    She tried to harvest Snapdragons yesterday, but it took 10 hrs for those wild plants to grow and she left before there were any flowers. It's late Fall, they probably take longer when it gets colder?

Fishing will not fit her, I think. She has a bad reputation and is not a likable person, so maybe she would like killing off some fish, but her outfits are too stylish for that sort of activity. But she might go to Magnolia Promenade during night, testing her fishing luck just to have tried it. A woodoo doll might be too tempting ;)

If she gets a 4th husband, she might talk him into having a fishing hobby, hm...

Good idea about the rewards, I keep forgetting them. She has about 1000 points, I think she will need to collect a few more before go shopping.

Selling her mansion is out of the question. She *loves* it. She *loves* walking those long distances just to confirm she owns bigger rooms than needed. She got the mansion after her 2nd spouse, an old film director with no other heirs than Judith.

Well - yesterday she had a film gig, and although she only made silver, she was paid more than §6000. I also found she had §20000 in her private vault, so she actually managed to pay those bills (first there was a terrible power outtake though). I rearranged her dining room a bit, moving the furniture into the next door hall, them turning the old dining room into a section for a future live-in butler that will soon be hired. I just need to find a local who will fit the bill, and he will of course need to be younger than Judith...

I'm having fun playing her :)
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'd have been tempted to let her go bankrupt, the death of a star and all that
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    To get plants to flower/bear fruit you need to be in their location at 5:00am. That's when the game runs the check on the plants.

I hope Judith has fun with her live-in butler :-)
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member

Too bad there's no option to file bankruptcy. Obviously, she's paying all her money out to her ex's.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Obviously Judith was devastated by her divorce from husband #3, who she loved dearly, but spent all of Judith's wealth by running up bills, eating at expensive restaurants and squandering money on the lottery. She's embarrassed that he disappeared in the middle of the night and she hasn't worked in years since she won her last Simmy award. It's time for her to swallow her pride, take a few small roles, become familiar to a new generation of movie goers.

It's time for Judith Ward's Comeback!