Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the other neighborhoods have any scripted events?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Does the uni hoods, Bluewater Village, Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley and/or Belladonna Cove have any scripted events? Or a play order? If not, what do you guys do when playing there?

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I don't recall events but definitely the families all have their own stories. I loved Bluewater Village and running all the village stores. And you know you can merge it with whatever neighbourhood you are playing, same as the downtown? The others also have stories but I don't recall events.
    No longer can play it as got fed up with the crashing. And that was with all the "fixes" I could find online.
    Maybe one day I will try again. For now I am playing my Sims2 sims on 4.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    They do have background stories, like Bluegayle said, but there are no scripted events to happen in the expansion pack hoods. So it takes a bit of your own initiative to get the story going, but with some of the background information you get with memories and relationships it shouldn't take too much effort to get a story rolling. :)
    Banner.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Bluegayle @M13Vulpecula thanks, guys. The thing is that i'm playing an uberhood, but one of the problems with mergin all of them in one save is that you lose the scripted events from Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville. I'm ok with those, i'm already familiar with the events and i can replicate them on my own, but I was wondering if I was losing something from the other neighborhoods. To bad they don't have scripted events, maybe thats why we lose the main 3 hoods scripted events, they never planned subneighborhoods to have that.
    You're welcome. :)

Hmm, if you have an uberhood with Pleasantview as the main hood, the Pleasantview scripts should still be working?
    Banner.png

Hmm, if you have an uberhood with Pleasantview as the main hood, the Pleasantview scripts should still be working?

No. I have heard it stops the Pleasantview scripted events too. In my case, I'm using a recreation of Sunset Valley for Sims 2 as my main hood.
    Anyway, would you guys @M13Vulpecula and @Bluegayle help me with a survey regarding premade sims/neighborhoods? This is the one: https://pt.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGTD6DR
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Certainly will look at it right now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Certainly will look at it right now.

thanks! <3
    Karon wrote: »

No. I have heard it stops the Pleasantview scripted events too. In my case, I'm using a recreation of Sunset Valley for Sims 2 as my main hood.
    Anyway, would you guys @M13Vulpecula and @Bluegayle help me with a survey regarding premade sims/neighborhoods? This is the one: https://pt.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGTD6DR

Ooh, that hood. That explains that though.

Filled it in. :) I hope that the developers will focus on good, fleshed out premades worth playing once again. :)
    Banner.png