Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So i need help (this is off topic right its not related to the sims)

MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
edited September 2019 in Off Topic Chat
I want to learn tagalog but so far i havent found any sites that teaches tagalog so HELP, how can i learn tagalog without actually going to the phillipines as I am a filipina myself so know any sites that teaches tagalog WITHOUT ASKING MY MOMMY or DADDY.

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    You can practice with a native. And I happen to be Filipino. :)

Although the Filipino classes I had in school were designed for native speakers, so I don't really know how lessons are structured for non-native speakers. But we can start with the basics
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Oh, and Pimsleur does have a Tagalog module IIRC, but Pimsleur is expensive in general
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Duolingo, maybe? My dad's always raving about it. He's trying to learn mandarin.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Duolingo doesn't offer tagalog, but there's a free Google app called Drops which does. It's rated 4.7 out of 5 stars. Good luck!

"Drops: Learn Tagalog (Filipino) language for free"
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    Duolingo doesn't offer tagalog, but there's a free Google app called Drops which does. It's rated 4.7 out of 5 stars. Good luck!

Apps dont do well with me it has to be on the computer
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    Duolingo, maybe? My dad's always raving about it. He's trying to learn mandarin.

Cool, Duolingo doesnt offer tagalog
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Oh, and Pimsleur does have a Tagalog module IIRC, but Pimsleur is expensive in general

Umm i dont know what you are saying please say in more simpler terms

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,559 Member
    MaxieMix wrote: »

He means Pimsleur has a Tagalog course, if he recalled correctly.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Yeah, they have a Tagalog course

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I Google searched learn tagalog online free and a few websites popped up. No telling how good they are, though if you need it to be free and online, it couldn't hurt to try!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    DeKay wrote: »

Yeah, they have a Tagalog course

Yes but it is to buy so my parents wont let me get it

I Google searched learn tagalog online free and a few websites popped up. No telling how good they are, though if you need it to be free and online, it couldn't hurt to try!

Yea but its not interactive tho >.>

• Hak_vinHak_vin Posts: 32 Member
    You can always try a "course" called Memrise - seeing as apps don't sit well with you, I think they have a website. I've used it before and they do have Tagalog (I've tried it before as well since I'm in the same boat as you ^^").
    edited September 2019
    Hak_vin wrote: »
    You can always try a "course" called Memrise - seeing as apps don't sit well with you, I think they have a website. I've used it before and they do have Tagalog (I've tried it before as well since I'm in the same boat as you ^^").

I will try it for arabic but no tagalog, but you could change the language to tagalog
    Edit: I like it. It just has no tagalog
    Post edited by MaxieMix on

Hak_vin wrote: »

I will try it for arabic but no tagalog, but you could change the language to tagalog
    Edit: I like it. It just has no tagalog

NVM it does