Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the challenge over or not?

QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
edited September 2019 in Off Topic Chat
In my Breed Out the Ugly Challenge, I came across a little problem, maybe you can even call it a dilemma. As the title says, the aim is to breed out the ugly of a sim over generations and it's over when an offspring sim looks normal. In the current generation, the spouse is an alien and so the baby and heir is also an alien. He has two forms.

His alien form:
09-22-19_5-21-29-pm.png?w=1024
09-22-19_5-21-26-pm.png?w=1024

His disguised form:
09-22-19_5-21-20-pm.png?w=1024
09-22-19_5-21-23-pm.png?w=1024

So the thing is, in his alien form he looks all normal by now. But in his disguise, there's still that super huge chin to breed out. I'm not sure if I should go on now or stop and celebrate because I made it.

Is the challenge over or not? 18 votes

Yes, the challenge is over because the "ugly" is only left in his disguise form and not his "natural" form.
38%
mcruddTheYayToastMaggieMarleyAngelEb95DeKayCheetahAlyssaRyphland 7 votes
No, there's still the chin left in the form where he looks like his mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Keep going.
50%
BloosmoomjalletThangwenLissyK9GamingTweetyBecka28Pinmat135SimsAndChillPerti23 9 votes
Other reason.
11%
Evie0602whimreaper 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, the challenge is over because the "ugly" is only left in his disguise form and not his "natural" form.
    In my opinion, the disguise doesn’t count. It’s just an illusion which an alien can change at will. It’s not their real appearance. So, I’d say that so long as he looks good in his alien form you’ve technically completed the challenge.

However, it really depends on whether you want the challenge to be over or not. That’s the important thing. You can carry on for as long as you like.

ETA: If you do decide to carry on in order to breed out the ugly in his disguise form, it should only take one more generation since Timmy’s child will only inherit features from Timmy’s alien form and won’t inherit any features from his disguise. Also, so long as Timmy marries a non-alien sim his child will not be a full alien so will lack a disguise.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Yes, cuz his alien form is not ugly anymore and that is technically his real form. But hey, maybe he might be an ugly alien after he grows up. XD Even the disguise form doesn't look that bad here. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Other reason.
    I think that the issue is more that he has literal deathly WHITE skin in his disguise, but I guess it's not his "true" form, so I'd say it's your call. I personally would try to get a more normal skin tone, but it's possible he just has albinism?
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Thank you all for voting and commenting! :) Most of you voted for "over" and I think I go along with this :)