Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare I agree that the side without the windows is very boring.
    Thank you @Taoron and congratulations to you as well :)
    Thank you @Devilariah @SheriGR @JojoMOMSTER and @Allears
    Congratulations @13Vader for your Maxis Fav!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats, on your Maxis fave, @13Vader.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS 125

@Alisim19
    e84gueu.png
    Chalet de Chantal is definitely one of the grandest chalets I’ve ever seen. It is large and has plenty of room for all kinds of activities! The interiors are well furnished and have ample lighting. I like how you were able to create the pool with the small gap under the windows leading outside. Very clever work! The house looks especially marvelous during winter with all the snow. Your slideshow was also well-presented and humorous. Thank you for showing us around your chalet!

Suggestions: While many of the rooms do have decorative clutter, some areas seemed to lack the same decorative clutter, with a few bare tables and counters. We would also appreciate some overhead shots of the whole house, so we may have an idea of the chalet’s floor plan. Also, this is a personal suggestion: the karaoke machine looks too cramped in the room with the low ceiling. It might be better to put a machine of that size in a bigger room.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    uRn8xfW.jpg
    Dreamy Ski Chalet looks like a wonderful place to stay in for winter vacation! The sunken areas around the house look great, and the house itself has spectacular curb appeal. The interiors are warm and colorful, which can be seen throughout the whole build. I particularly like the kitchen area with the tiles. Excellent presentation!

Suggestions: Given the big budget for this challenge, I think that the kitchen could have used better-looking counters instead of the weathered ones from City Living. Other than that, this is an excellent chalet.

@OccipitalLobe
    tXrKRSL.png
    Pine Peaks has an interesting layout. It’s wonderful that you were able to create two buildings on one lot for this contest. Excellent use of the terrain tool to give us a sense of the chalet’s atmosphere. The use of wood interiors throughout the whole build definitely gives me the impression that I am looking at the chalet! Excellent job creating this build. Your presentation was also wonderful with all the descriptions.

Suggestions: Try to avoid zooming out too much when taking screenshots for very small rooms; temporarily taking down walls could help you take better shots of small rooms. Also, while the main house had wonderfully-furnished rooms, there were a few rooms elsewhere that seemed a bit bare.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @PINKUSFAMILY
    nMT0wPZ.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@iampes23
    6jgQZWS.png
    Wonderful portrayal of the Vanderclumps! I love how you were able to create outfits for each of them. Chantal looks really glamorous in every outfit she’s in!

@PINKUSFAMILY
    tEQlPl1.jpg
    Your version of the Vanderclumps look really stylish! I like how well-dressed the Vanderclumps and their servant look. Excellent shots of them doing winter activities together!
    And the winner is… @PINKUSFAMILY
    nMT0wPZ.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Congrats @Pinkusfamily on the Double Win!
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Nice work, @Pinkusfamily! Your household and lot are wonderful! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Congrats @Taoron @AlJay & @Pinkusfamily - great builds 😊

Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare, appreciated!
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations @Pinkusfamily on your double win!! Nicely done! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @BuildNShare.
    And Thank you guys !

I have been in Realm Of Magic. I just came across this. Thank you So..

Also Congrats to all the winners & all who entered !

I have enjoyed so much seeing everyone's creativity..

Diane Pinkus
    edited September 2019
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS 126

@Wendyology
    VRnAfYs.png
    Your museum looks like it was transplanted right from Ancient Rome. The design and architecture blend in perfectly. I love that you made an outdoor food court, dining al fresco fits both the theme and the location. The fountain features are very grand and beautiful. Fun idea to add the chess table to the back porch, encouraging visitors to hang around. Nice gift shop. I like your choice of collections. Great job staging the war room, the skeletons looked like they were ready to pick up where they left off. I had to chuckle at Alexander as a re-enacter as opposed to cosplayer. Very creative job displaying the geodes, gems and crystals.
    Suggestions: I think guests would appreciate some shade from the bright sun while they enjoyed their meal. A tree overhanging the area, perhaps. The gift shop could also have used a wall or sign to more obviously set it apart from the rest of the sculpture hall.

@Taoron
    cQ9clMl.png
    Benedict Museum gives off a colonial vibe I think Alexander Benedict would have appreciated. Great attention to detail with the rooflines, windows and columns. I like the order in which you chose to present your collections. The fish display looks particularly nice. Great idea to include “information” stands for some of the exhibits I like that some of the alien displays are safely locked up behind walls. I can see your camera skill is improving, great job!
    Suggestions:
    I would have liked to see more landscaping outside in the form of trees and bushes along the path, and perhaps a plant or two inside to brighten up the interior. While the path around the outside is very nice, using terrain paint instead of tiles would have freed up some of your budget for other things. I would have liked to see at least one close screenshot of the bathrooms.

@Archer_Girl
    7hap8Vf.jpg
    Beautiful museum, ‘@Archer_Girl! I love how you were able to fit so much into one space yet make it all look like it belonged together. The amphibian exhibit is my favorite room, with that lovely glass roof to let in so much light and all the plants. Great idea to include the telescope for stargazing. Very nice reception desk with the bonsai trees to make it welcoming. I like that you give guests options for guided tours. Great idea to have many themed exhibits. The Day of the Dead exhibit is so colorful yet somber. I think sims will enjoy exploring the Science of Cells exhibit. I like the colorful artwork and wall decor in the food court. Clever idea to include an area for art classes.
    Suggestions: As you requested, I won’t give you any, except to remind you that BuildnShare judges design, decor and landscaping equally.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @Wendyology
    uzJVF99.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@Wendyology☆
    lTeSxJB.png
    Again, I love your concept and layout for this room. It looks even better with the close-up overhead view to give me an idea how it all goes together. I love that the sadnum is hiding behind the vase. The room really does give the feeling of being on an adventure with Alexander. Terrific job!
    Wendyology.
    uzJVF99.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @wendyology Congrats! You should def put a balloon holding gorilla on the steps now 😁😁
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @AliSim19 Thank you and LOL! This was a really fun challenge.

@BuildnShare Thank you for the notes. Good suggestions on both the dining area and gift shop.
    @wendyology Congrats on your Win! I 100% agree with that one and you were well chosen.

@BuildnShare Yep. I think I've learned from my mistakes at this time and figured out DEBUG a little more than I had at that time. I'm excited to move forward. If you learn something new, every day, it's always going to be a good day. =) I'm glad I can rip that sucker apart and finish it now, too! Time to put that second basement with my Children's lLearning Center back in. =)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Taoron wrote: »
    @wendyology Congrats on your Win! I 100% agree with that one and you were well chosen.

@BuildnShare Yep. I think I've learned from my mistakes at this time and figured out DEBUG a little more than I had at that time. I'm excited to move forward. If you learn something new, every day, it's always going to be a good day. =) I'm glad I can rip that sucker apart and finish it now, too! Time to put that second basement with my Children's lLearning Center back in. =)

I'd love to see your full version, @Taoron, it's sure to be even more spectacular.

Congratulations on your wins, @Wendyology.
    image.png
    Congratulations @wendyology! Nice job! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    @SimTresa @Allears Thank you! These challenges have really pushed me to up my building game.
    edited September 2019
    Congratulations on your double-win, @wendyology!! :) Well done! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited September 2019
    fcuRqPI.png

Winners Circle Starting Out - The Smell of Tea and Nutmeg - BnS127

@Wendyology
    AGY2KTa.png
    I love the parking lot design, and the exterior of the brick side of the building has character and is striking. I super-love the table area behind the building on the boardwalk! It’s lovely, nicely landscaped, and I want to go have tea there and enjoy the waterside location myself. I also like the idea of adding lounge chairs for the family out back. This makes great use of the view and location. Your color scheme in the shop is fun yet tasteful, and I enjoyed the overall ‘Boho/Nautical’ feel to the shop and home very much. Your design is consistent and well-executed. Nice job with your slideshow.

Suggestions: The right side of the building seems more plain in design than the left side, which makes it seem as if it is not the same building (left side is very nice, btw). Two walls were down in the screenshot of the toddler room. A nice of use of the deck overhang may have been to add a bench, or kiddie pool, or sandbox, or grill & picnic table area in the shade for the family to enjoy.

@Archer_Girl
    V2OWGCB.png[img][/img]
    This build leaves a small footprint but a big impression. I loved your narrative! I like the back entrance and ‘messy area’ behind the fencing. It’s not too much, but adds to realism. The fire escape is a cool decoration. Your attention to detail and use of clutter and decorations is very nice. The tea room/bakery is warm, cozy, and homey - I would love to sit down to a cup of tea there with a friend.

Suggestions: N/A - Requested no constructive criticism.

@Taoron24121
    cZwxAIh.png
    Your shop shelves and contents were well done and interesting. There are interesting building exterior decoration/details that are a nice touch. I noticed clean lines and logical layouts throughout the build. Your design is consistent throughout, and the build comes across with a modern, clean feel.

Suggestions: Adding more interior colors and decorative items in both the shop and home would be a nice touch to add interest, warmth, and personality. (ie: Paint, occasional area rugs, & wall photos).

@matchmakerpt
    7BJaL0f.png
    The patterning on the exterior created by the roofing is very creative and adds interest. Fun idea to have a bonfire! The glass roofing looks great from inside the home! I like the color and texture choices in your home & tea shop décor. They work well together and create a warm urban feel. The tea shop has a nice interior. Loved the vines on the brick walls. The rust-colored roofing and trim add a nice accent and interest to the exterior. Great idea to use the wooden slat dividers on the back porch area.

Suggestions:
    Be careful to be neat and consistent with heights and levels of the peaks at the top of your roofing sections. They are an interesting and striking feature so tidying them up a bit would be nice. Adding curtains to some rooms can add warmth and privacy – such as in bedrooms and bathrooms. Breaking up the brick with some wooden or painted walls would add interest (like you did in the master bathroom).

Tips: Upload your build to the gallery in morning or afternoon lighting, and on a sunny day for better presentation. Please refer to the first page of the forum thread for screenshot tips to help reduce distortion and improve details.
    3gHHX7s.png
    uzJVF99.png
    And the winner is… @Wendyology
    3gHHX7s.png

SIM ENTRIES

@Wendyology
    j5BMJ9W.png
    Oh my gosh! I am in love with this family! Your screenshots of them in the home are enchanting, and they seem like a perfect fit for the design and content of their teashop bakery and home. Their traits lend themselves very well to both managing this busy, high need family or little ones and a well-managed, comfortable, and lovely sea-side teashop & bakery. Well done!

Suggestions: Some CAS screenshots would be a good addition to your slideshow to address more fully the requirement: “Be sure to include likes, skills, and clothing choices for each sim in your media slideshow”.
    3gHHX7s.png
    uzJVF99.png
    And the winner is….
    @Wendyology
    3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Runs away with it again. Congrats @wendyology
    edited September 2019
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @wendyology Nice job all around! Congratulations on another double win!! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    @BuildnShare @Taoron @SheriGR Thank you! I’m glad everyone liked my design. Good suggestions for improvement, they’d be fun to add for some post competition play. I think I spent just about down to my last penny, this was a challenging one!
    Congrats @wendyology on your double win! Well done! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    @Allears Thank you!
    @wendyology :D I know what you mean... I had one dollar to spare! :D
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Just curious, has the results of BNS127 established and expert been finalized :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top