Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breed Out The Ugly Challenge: The Jolies *updated 10/06/2019*

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Lol raking leaves inside. Hope you didn’t end up with a leaf pile indoors. So far I’ve only witnessed snow angels inside.
    Those gnomes caused some havoc! I hate the stupid gnome tradition with a passion :D
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hehe. Orc girl Danielle.

That random sim in the ugly sweater is Alex Moyers or something like that. She's the lady you get teamed up with it you do the tutorial mode. Like she starts off your roommate.
    Lol raking leaves inside. Hope you didn’t end up with a leaf pile indoors. So far I’ve only witnessed snow angels inside.
    Those gnomes caused some havoc! I hate the stupid gnome tradition with a passion :D

I hate them too.
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member

No he stopped soon to eat his salad and then went outside :)

I actually love that tradition but they can be so mean :sweat_smile:
    Hehe. Orc girl Danielle.

That random sim in the ugly sweater is Alex Moyers or something like that. She's the lady you get teamed up with it you do the tutorial mode. Like she starts off your roommate.

I hate them too.

The first time I saw Alex was when I looked at all the new premades from Get Famous. There are a lot of them that live nowhere. But why is she still a young adult? :D

I wish the "Kick Gnome" action would have popped up.
  • Options
    Me: MINUS one day until Linda dies? How weird. I’ve never see that before. Maybe she is immortal after all

*moments later*

Me: Oh...
    RIP Linda

I’m going to have to stop thinking of Tommy as Timmy now!

Have you got the good schools lot trait on the house? That’ll help him get an A faster.
  • Options
    Me: MINUS one day until Linda dies? How weird. I’ve never see that before. Maybe she is immortal after all

*moments later*

RIP Linda

Have you got the good schools lot trait on the house? That’ll help him get an A faster.

I felt the same way. Oh well :sweat_smile:

I feel really dumb for not getting his name right :D

I don't use the house traits. I might use it this time tho. Thanks for the advice :)
  • Options

*moments later*

RIP Linda

I don't use the house traits. I might use it this time tho. Thanks for the advice :)
    Sniffles... Rest In Peace, Linda... I guess she couldn’t hang around to see the perfection that is Timmy Tommy all grown up.

I like the house traits, except for the little sparkly effects that will show up even if you have headlineeffects off. They drive me nuts. So I take them away when I know I’m going to be screen capping stuff. Or I leave them cause I’m super lazy.
  • Options

*moments later*

RIP Linda

Sniffles... Rest In Peace, Linda... I guess she couldn’t hang around to see the perfection that is Timmy Tommy all grown up.

I like the house traits, except for the little sparkly effects that will show up even if you have headlineeffects off. They drive me nuts. So I take them away when I know I’m going to be screen capping stuff. Or I leave them cause I’m super lazy.

She won’t :(

The sparkling effects are so annoying 🙈 and why do they not disappear with cheats. Even more annoying.

At all: Any ideas what aspiration I could give Tommy to make the challenge less boring? 😅
  • Options
    edited September 2019

*moments later*

RIP Linda

The sparkling effects are so annoying 🙈 and why do they not disappear with cheats. Even more annoying.

At all: Any ideas what aspiration I could give Tommy to make the challenge less boring? 😅

I was gonna say serial romantic, but you did that with don. Maybe a collector or something? I know I never do those, so maybe you don’t either normally.

Edit: I recently found this miracle. It’s a way to make the plumbob hidden by default while maintaining the ability to hover over sims head to see their names and stuff. I’ve been meaning to look at using the coding theory from this on how to hide those awful skill buff animations. I may never get around to it, but if I do... I will share my knowledge.
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Have I said yet how much I love this story/challenge? Iv'e been quietly lurking for a while and this is so good!!!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options

*moments later*

RIP Linda

I was gonna say serial romantic, but you did that with don. Maybe a collector or something? I know I never do those, so maybe you don’t either normally.

Edit: I recently found this miracle. It’s a way to make the plumbob hidden by default while maintaining the ability to hover over sims head to see their names and stuff. I’ve been meaning to look at using the coding theory from this on how to hide those awful skill buff animations. I may never get around to it, but if I do... I will share my knowledge.

Yes, Don had the Serial Romantic aspiration ^^ The Curator is actually one of my favorites. But maybe I'll try the one that came with Granite Falls, the botanic one. I've never tried this one and Tommy has the trait Loves Outdoors.

Oh that looks cool! Is it a mod or can you do this without a mod?

doggers123 wrote: »
    Have I said yet how much I love this story/challenge? Iv'e been quietly lurking for a while and this is so good!!!

Thank you very much :)
  • Options
    Yes, Don had the Serial Romantic aspiration ^^ The Curator is actually one of my favorites. But maybe I'll try the one that came with Granite Falls, the botanic one. I've never tried this one and Tommy has the trait Loves Outdoors.

You're manually changing how the game renders the plumbob by editing the game's Default.ini file.

Tom looks good. <3 I think celebrity is good for him cause he's a good looking guy. As long as he doesn't bother with his disguise. Lol.
    Poor Maverick! I can't believe Betty died so soon. I think this is a lesson that don't bother with becoming super fit, be a couch potato like Linda and live nearly forever. Either that or just have looks that intimidate the Reaper into staying away until his boss forces him to claim you.
  • Options

You're manually changing how the game renders the plumbob by editing the game's Default.ini file.

Tom looks good. <3 I think celebrity is good for him cause he's a good looking guy. As long as he doesn't bother with his disguise. Lol.
    Poor Maverick! I can't believe Betty died so soon. I think this is a lesson that don't bother with becoming super fit, be a couch potato like Linda and live nearly forever. Either that or just have looks that intimidate the Reaper into staying away until his boss forces him to claim you.

Oh I might try this out. I'm a bit scared it might cause problems in game tho :sweat_smile:

I love his looks. I actually consider really using him as my first sim for the other challenge I have in mind. If there wasn't his disguise :joy: But there's only the bad chin (and skin and hair color).
    It was a shock when I read the message of her death. Only a sim day earlier I checked Maverick and it said he's got 8 bonus days where 7 were still left.

Haha yeah. Be ugly and lazy and death will be too scared to come for you :D
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Tommy/Tom is looking good in his alien form! I actually don’t even think his disguise is too bad. The square jaw is kind of nice and I don’t take issue with the pale skin or cheese hair. But his disguise firm does have an underbite.

Given he has the celebrity aspiration, it would be cool to see him in the acting career (or not if you decide he should go down another path)

Also: Nice to see Tommy got a drone - drones are amazing for gaining fame. If Tommy uses his drone to livestream every moment of his waking life (except obviously school and bathroom related activities) he’ll be a star in no time. The drone will periodically say that it’s run out of battery and needs to recharge but you can start using it again literally straight after it shuts off. You don’t need to wait for it to ‘recharge’.
  • Options
    Tommy/Tom is looking good in his alien form! I actually don’t even think his disguise is too bad. The square jaw is kind of nice and I don’t take issue with the pale skin or cheese hair. But his disguise firm does have an underbite.

Given he has the celebrity aspiration, it would be cool to see him in the acting career (or not if you decide he should go down another path)

Also: Nice to see Tommy got a drone - drones are amazing for gaining fame. If Tommy uses his drone to livestream every moment of his waking life (except obviously school and bathroom related activities) he’ll be a star in no time. The drone will periodically say that it’s run out of battery and needs to recharge but you can start using it again literally straight after it shuts off. You don’t need to wait for it to ‘recharge’.

Yeah the disguise is not too bad besides the chin/overbite. His alien form and also true form is handsome so he's the end of the challenge :)

I'm not sure yet if I will play on long enough to even get him into a career and he's too young for it now. I'll try to get him as high as possible in the celebrity ranking until he's a young adult which is pretty soon tho :sweat_smile: When I exited the game he only had like 8 days left. :#

The drone is really helpful but it is a bit awkward sometimes, the eyes I mean :D I named it "Drony" to make it less creepy.
  • Options
    With the name Tommy, I can't help but think of The Who's album Tommy. I just watched the scene from their movie, Tommy. It was... insane.

Pinball Wizard by The Who ft. Elton John
  • Options
    With the name Tommy, I can't help but think of The Who's album Tommy. I just watched the scene from their movie, Tommy. It was... insane.

It's the first time I hear of this but it's pretty cool :) Love Elton John's huge glasses :D
  • Options

It's the first time I hear of this but it's pretty cool :) Love Elton John's huge glasses :D

I'm used to just the album and radio versions of Pinball Wizard. It was my first time hearing this version too. It was hilarious and sooo weird. Elton John's amazing glasses and those crazy enormous boots! Someone in the comments said that he was 15 feet tall in that costume. Lol.

Pinball Wizard is a fun, silly, and probably offensive song. ^.^"

Another great song that is used in the Tommy rock opera is "A Quick One While He's Away". Here's them performing in on the Rolling Stone's Rock and Roll Circus.

That's all I know about the Tommy rock opera... I've never listened to anything else from it or watched the movie. Lol.
  • Options

I'm used to just the album and radio versions of Pinball Wizard. It was my first time hearing this version too. It was hilarious and sooo weird. Elton John's amazing glasses and those crazy enormous boots! Someone in the comments said that he was 15 feet tall in that costume. Lol.

Pinball Wizard is a fun, silly, and probably offensive song. ^.^"

Another great song that is used in the Tommy rock opera is "A Quick One While He's Away". Here's them performing in on the Rolling Stone's Rock and Roll Circus.

That's all I know about the Tommy rock opera... I've never listened to anything else from it or watched the movie. Lol.

Oh there's also a movie? Nice ^^

I'm sorry I didn't upload a new chapter yesterday. I didn't play because I binge watched Bones :D
  • Options
    I'll try to publish a new chapter today. I have 0 screenshots so far tho :D

Anyway, the reason why I write this comment is this: The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge.

There's no casting yet, nor any other information about the whole thing besides what I've said here before. But maybe you're interested and excited that I really try to do this challenge as soon as the BOTU is over :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I'll try to publish a new chapter today. I have 0 screenshots so far tho :D

Anyway, the reason why I write this comment is this: The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge.

There's no casting yet, nor any other information about the whole thing besides what I've said here before. But maybe you're interested and excited that I really try to do this challenge as soon as the BOTU is over :)

Woot! [insert Snoopy dance]
  • Options
    3.9: Privacy with a cliffhanger :P

I am always like bleh at the adult birthday. Then I forget to make them a cake and they are sad forever. Like almost as sad as if a loved one died. Babies.
    You should make an epic homeward bound style movie bout those dumb drones.

I love how in the birthday scene it looked like Drony was rolling his eyes in disbelief at Tom complimenting his Mom. Haha.
  • Options
    3.9: Privacy with a cliffhanger :P

I am always like bleh at the adult birthday. Then I forget to make them a cake and they are sad forever. Like almost as sad as if a loved one died. Babies.
    You should make an epic homeward bound style movie bout those dumb drones.

I love how in the birthday scene it looked like Drony was rolling his eyes in disbelief at Tom complimenting his Mom. Haha.

It's the most boring birthday ever :D And yes, they are sad for 2 days, same amount as when someone died. Unless they were enemies :D

I'm slowly getting used and comfortable with the drones tho :)

The eyes, oh the eyes :D I tried to capture some "expressions" of Drony but I was too slow :D