Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I Adding This RoM Cheat Wrong?

Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
I created a new sim and am trying to give him the Ancient Bloodline trait. He is not yet a spellcaster. I turned on testing cheats. I used: traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Traits.Equip_trait Trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient

I did a copy of the exact spelling from Carl Sims web site, and this was the one I used. I think for the cheat to work, you'll need to make your sim a spell caster first. I used this cheat for mine, and it did work. But I want to give you a heads up before you add this trait to your sim, there are some issues involving the ancient bloodline. I'm not sure what they are but others have mentioned it, but with me, my sim was having a problem in keeping all their spellcaster perks. For some reason, it would keep giving me back the points my sim had earned while constantly dropping what they had gained.
  • Options
    ok thanks, I'll change it.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have a side-save in which I am making spellcaster townies and importing them into my main save. I used a cheat to make one of the sims a high-lvl spellcaster and his perks were bugged. Downloaded him again and the second time it worked.

If you are playing a sim in a save that you really like do a temporary-save as and see how it goes.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    There is definitely a bug (or bugs) with the bloodline traits and the retention of perks, although it is not clear whether they are connected with each other and/or with using cheats. See the link below:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ROM-Spellcaster-Level-Reset/m-p/8204778#M104744

I used cheats to give the senior witches in my coven the ancient bloodline trait and to max out their perks, only to experience the same problem as described by @LaBlue0314, which is very frustrating as I am unable to keep them at Virtuoso level, where I want them for storytelling purposes.

Obviously, it is up to you whether you want to take the risk of the same thing happening to you, but I would urge caution until the problem has been resolved.
  • Options
    davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    bloodlines are bugged atm and each rank up gives you a negative rank up amount especially at "max rank" where you basically unrank.
    you have to use a mod to temporarily fix this.
  • Options
    are all of them bugged or just ancient? I guess I can make him a regular spellcaster. Hope I don't have to restart him from scratch.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Has this but ever been fixed?
  • Options
    i_know_nothingi_know_nothing Posts: 1 New Member
    For those who are still looking for answears - first remove the bloodline you already have and then you can type the bloodline you want.

For example:

traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineWeak

traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient

Worked for me, hope it works for you :)