Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to premade lots ?

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I found a simple solution. Blow it all up. Every other world except Oasis Springs are vast empty worlds. They call me the Box Builder but my Sims don't mind.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I completely agree with the op. The houses in this pack are underwhelming, especially when you see the characterful house that were possible in the launch version of the base game.
    While I can to some point accept performance as an excuse, it is definitely possible to build nice looking, small houses with furniture that makes it feel like a pleasant place to stay.

Luckily this is one flaw in the game we can easily correct. But we shouldn't have to. The default houses in a new save should have better quality.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yeah, I've never been a big fan of the pre-made homes in these games to begin with, since I like making my own places instead. What grinds MY gears is that in every pack, without fail, most of the biggest, nicest choice lots in any given world and neighborhood are ALWAYS taken by the pre-made houses and the pre-made sims!! I mean, come on!! If they're going to give us tiny worlds with pre-determined lot sizes and lot quantities, can't they at least put their pre-built stuff on the SMALLER lots? I mean, especially if they don't even have the time to properly decorate and check over the lots anymore before they release the packs.

Don't waste the nice, big lots on pre-mades if you don't at least have the time to make something nice. Let the players get first dibs when they boot up a save so they can make something they'll actually like and want to play in instead.

...And, yes, the starter house in Realm of Magic is really, really bland. I demolished that thing to make way for a decent Victorian-inspired magician's home, because that place was...ew...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Wait, which car pack? There was a car pack?

Not released, at least not yet. If we could spy on them we would likely find all sorts of interesting assets being tinkered with, sort of like the odds and ends drawer just about everyone has, or the boxes of all sorts of parts model builders have.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member

I mean I get that the more things you add to a build, the more expensive it gets, but what does it have to do with lower end machines ? I play on a mac and I can add a lot of clutter and furniture without it being laggy.

I also get that they can only use base game and the new pack, but there's plenty of stuff they can still use.

Also even if a starter home must stay cheap, it can still be furnished, I built some starter homes myself. Second, these mansions in Realm of Magic or Strangervile aren't starter homes to me so they don't need to be cheap and can be furnished. And the fact that they're big makes us notice that they're empty even more.
    Simburian wrote: »
    The base game could show all the objects and the new packs can only show a few base game objects and show off the new Pack's objects. That's because everybody must have the Base Game but may not have any of the others apart from the new one you bought. Simple. If you have all the packs, just having base game builds and objects in it can be an annoyance too.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    Wait, which car pack? There was a car pack?

Not released, at least not yet. If we could spy on them we would likely find all sorts of interesting assets being tinkered with, sort of like the odds and ends drawer just about everyone has, or the boxes of all sorts of parts model builders have.

It was released - it was those fake neighborhood parked cars in the neighborhood stuff they gave us a couple patches ago. I think it was in the anniversary pack - but not positive.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Yeah, this bugs me, too.

I can totally understand having unfurnished versions of premade lots available for download, because lots of Simmers really like to decorate and personalize them. I remember moving my family into a Strangerville house and being kind of happy there was nothing there, because my family had accumulated a lot of stuff, and it was fun to organize it.

But that really, really shouldn't be the norm! The fact that some Simmers like to decorate before moving in doesn't mean everyone should now have to spend a bunch of time making the houses look like real houses or going through the gallery to find a reasonable home.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There's even a house that's empty. What the plum ?!

qv9JyZP.png

It's only empty if you buy it unfurnished. Quit making stuff up.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    They're empty, ugly and just horrible. So many "broken" things.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I love to redecorate most. I build some but have no real confidence with it, but I do love doing interior & exterior renovations. So I often place homes from the gallery unfurnished so I can do them up the way I like and don’t have to worry about MOO. So these sad builds don’t bother me too much because I’m just going to empty them out and redo them anyway.
  • Options
    I’m not making anything up, it’s Like that In my game, as I said. Maybe I inadvertently clicked something, I don’t know. And no sim lives there in my game, so I never bought that house.
    Sindocat wrote: »

qv9JyZP.png

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I’m not making anything up, it’s Like that In my game, as I said. Maybe I inadvertently clicked something, I don’t know. And no sim lives there in my game, so I never bought that house.

qv9JyZP.png

I moved into that house with my sim and it was furnished, sparsely and weirdly but furnished. I think you accidentally clicked to move in unfurnished.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019

qv9JyZP.png

I moved into that house with my sim and it was furnished, sparsely and weirdly but furnished. I think you accidentally clicked to move in unfurnished.

It's only got the Basic game and that new gamepack's objects and building stuff for you to look at and improve on. I'm glad they do this as having all the packs I like to get rid of their stuff and put in mine. Though sometimes I stick them in the garden until I am ready to use them! It's about time some Simmers did a bit of re-decorating and building. They might surprise themselves and be good at it. :)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree. Earlier builds including the lots in Windenburg had a lot more detail. I went into Del Sol Valley and just tore down and rebuilt at least in the small starter area.

The houses in StrangerVille also looked pretty bare as referenced above. I mean, I'll decorate but I agree that I like when they've had starter homes with more character. Sure, I'll personalize some houses but I agree that I liked when they made more interesting pre-made lots.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I just went straight into build mode to check it out.

qv9JyZP.png

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2019
    I agree. Earlier builds including the lots in Windenburg had a lot more detail. I went into Del Sol Valley and just tore down and rebuilt at least in the small starter area.

The houses in StrangerVille also looked pretty bare as referenced above. I mean, I'll decorate but I agree that I like when they've had starter homes with more character. Sure, I'll personalize some houses but I agree that I liked when they made more interesting pre-made lots.

The thing is: I can understand why the empty houses would be bare but, what about the occupied homes? In past games, the populated homes used to tell a story about the occupants. As there is barely any lore in TS4, of late, the developers haven't bothered to decorate or to personalize occupied lots in order to provide additional depth and dimension.

I suppose that lore is also too expensive and too hard to do now. From here on out, I guess that non-builders (which I have become with TS4) are going to need to get used to having to download lots from the gallery on day one. If EA/Maxis can't be bothered to decorate a home, I can only imagine what any uni dorms would look like. ::smh::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    They probably fired whoever was building the lots and now their pre-made houses are 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Glad I didn't buy that pack, I'm not playing that mess, much less paying for it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

The thing is: I can understand why the empty houses would be bare but, what about the occupied homes? In past games, the populated homes used to tell a story about the occupants. As there is barely any lore in TS4, of late, the developers haven't bothered to decorate or to personalize occupied lots in order to provide additional depth and dimension.

I suppose that lore is also too expensive and too hard to do now. From here on out, I guess that non-builders (which I have become with TS4) are going to need to get used to having to download lots from the gallery on day one. If EA/Maxis can't be bothered to decorate a home, I can only imagine what any uni dorms would look like. ::smh::

Not be surprised if they are like WW2 'temporary' open bay with 6-9 beds from Strangerville - the ones with foot lockers, a rudimentary bathroom at one end, maybe a small room at the other with minimal provisions for reading/doing homework. Eating via a rabbit hole dining hall. Less time and effort that way.
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited September 2019

I agree. Its quit annoying to go thê gallery, when you miss a good chunck of the DlCs (I mean there are 30). Console Players are doomed too.
    At least the Sims that they put into those worlds are quite good and unique created. I really love those creative looking Maxis Sims and they're Bio. (Eventough those Sims from the gallery, have bios, that are non exsitent in the current game, which is wierd)
    Too sad, that they can not go further with the homes, just because the ''lilsimsies will fix it'' and a good amount of players are deleting the houses anyway, so why bother.

I think SimguruRomeo is in charge here, cause he ''checked'' every House and made sure, that not one single toilet is missing, who knows tough.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I usually don't think of the premade homes because I make my own.
    However, my daughter mostly prefers premades, so the gamers should go back to the drawing board & relearn how to properly make the premade homes again.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

Hmm, you make a good point. I don't think coming up with the lore costs that much money except in terms of the time of whatever developers come up with it, especially if it uses objects that are already planned for the packs.

It sounds like what others have said. They decided to start leaving it blank for the gamechangers and community.

I like the game but I went into a few of the IL lots and they didn't have any bookshelves or anything to do other than the outdoor stuff. I get it that it was the theme of the pack but it's like they didn't playtest actually living in the houses.

I think I'm more of a sandbox type but even so, I appreciate thoughtful details.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    The premade lots have always sucked and been really bare and plain and uninspired.

Its just whoever is making them now has just completely given up and needs to be replaced for someone with a passion for building.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    They relegated premade houses to the interns and fired/got rid of whoever was doing it before. The way they're furnished, it just screams someone not familiar with build/buy mode.

In TS1-3, you not only paid for gameplay but you also paid for the new worlds with FULLY furnished lots that weren't copy and pasted. Now you pay for buggy gameplay and unfinished lots lol, what a time to be a simmer.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    They relegated premade houses to the interns and fired/got rid of whoever was doing it before. The way they're furnished, it just screams someone not familiar with build/buy mode.

In TS1-3, you not only paid for gameplay but you also paid for the new worlds with FULLY furnished lots that weren't copy and pasted. Now you pay for buggy gameplay and unfinished lots lol, what a time to be a simmer.

You know, I never really thought of it this way, but the gallery is an awful lot like mods, but with even more competition between the creators. Hiring a full time -- or even part time -- interior designer is very expensive compared to an unpaid intern ;)