Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Survey September 25th New Questions

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

" 31, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Cant take this suverys serious anymore. How many times do (we) have to write the same things... and answer the same stuff, only to know that its nice to see for the Team what we actually want, but it doesnt change theyre own agenda. Seems to me, that they dont really consider us.
    At least this time around they changed questions, from what i have been reading here and it wasnt late.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I chose build/buy because when playing one family I don't use a lot of the objects and CAS assets. I'm sure there were simmers who mainly focus on build/buy and CAS who opted for less gameplay. 😃
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was surprised it wasn't posted on the forums, either. Thank you Catlover for posting this here for us to see.

I did answer this question: (4. What would you like to see more from the Community Team?

with "other" and wrote that I would like for the forums to be included in any challenges/events instead of just putting things on twitter. I'm glad I did because I wasn't aware this wasn't linked for us here until I read the comments here. That's just a shame.

And a big thank you for Simgirl1010 who does a great job posting the guru's tweets for us here. I check those out almost every day and I appreciate your work doing that for us. I just don't want to be on twitter just to follow the sims (which would honestly be the only reason I join twitter, lol).
    Post edited by Idontrcall on
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I think i just chose other and put in something like ''anything that doesn't add to gameplay'' for the less question
    like surely all that stuff is pretty and nice to decorate with and the worlds are pretty and so on
    but I would just prefer to get bigger amount of gameplay instead of getting lots of stuff

and this goes for about any pack they release it just feels the balance with stuff and gameplay is off
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I do not have the pack, I'm way too obsessed with watching things on packs to find out more about them. It's just what happens to introverted hermits like me. :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Since the survey asked about toxity in the community including racism and bullying I appreciated that they asked about that because it's important for feedback, so I stated my observations. I also stated how I felt the game could be improved or what it lacked as far as gameplay goes.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    " 31, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Cant take this suverys serious anymore. How many times do (we) have to write the same things... and answer the same stuff, only to know that its nice to see for the Team what we actually want, but it doesnt change theyre own agenda. Seems to me, that they dont really consider us.
    At least this time around they changed questions, from what i have been reading here and it wasnt late.

So basically the surveys are a way of letting the community think they have some kind of influence when in fact they don’t.

And EA wonder why they have won worst company in America award twice in a row
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am interested in hearing how you guys with RoM answered the question about what you’d like to see less of. Seriously, all I ever want is more of everything. I chose “other” and said I’d like to see less darkness and eeriness. I have cataracts, it’s very hard for me to see anything outside on the headquarters lot.

I’m trying to pick people who seem to have RoM so I’m sorry if I missed you.
    @ListentoToppDogg
    @Sigzy05
    @Renato10
    @catloverplayer
    @Wintermist_SWE
    @Scobre
    @nerdfashion
    @izecson
    @PlayerSinger2010
    @Gordy
    @Shiaren
    @LiELF
    @Hoverael
    @Hermitgirl
    @Simmingal
    @MidnightAura
    @XxAirixX
    @Irdiwen

@simgirl1010

Thank you for taking the time to write out all of the possible questions you could get, based on whether you have RoM or not.

@SilentKitty I ask myself that every time I take one of these surveys 😅

I honestly thought it was a weird question given the answers that they provided. Sure I chose to have more game play; but doesn't necessarily mean I want less of something else either. That was what I basically said. That I rather seem to expand on certain aspects of the game without taking away from others. I mean that won't make anyone happy.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I felt like you did when answering that survey question by the way it was worded. I didn't want less of anything.
    Bugs is a great answer!

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I am interested in hearing how you guys with RoM answered the question about what you’d like to see less of. Seriously, all I ever want is more of everything. I chose “other” and said I’d like to see less darkness and eeriness. I have cataracts, it’s very hard for me to see anything outside on the headquarters lot.

I’m trying to pick people who seem to have RoM so I’m sorry if I missed you.
    ListentoToppDogg
    Sigzy05
    Renato10
    catloverplayer
    Wintermist_SWE
    Scobre
    nerdfashion
    izecson
    PlayerSinger2010
    Gordy
    Shiaren
    LiELF
    Hoverael
    Hermitgirl
    Simmingal
    MidnightAura
    XxAirixX
    Irdiwen

simgirl1010

Thank you for taking the time to write out all of the possible questions you could get, based on whether you have RoM or not.

SilentKitty I ask myself that every time I take one of these surveys 😅

@AlwaysAsking Yeah, that was such a weird question. I think I said something silly, like, "Less? Why would anyone want less?" I can't remember if I answered anything else after that because I didn't really have an answer for it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member

I'm the same. Even on the question on what I want less of I wrote "What? I only want more :P"

My feeling about the pack is it's very light, and very unbalanced and easy. It's pretty to look at but as for gameplay it's not really much else than a debug cheat menu.

Learning everything was WAY too fast and really uninspiring. You didn't have to do anything but click one option and wait. Really, really boring.

Becoming a spellcaster in the first place was just... simple. I would have preferred something along the lines of finding a wand, experimenting with it and accidentially get teleported to the magic realm where the first steps are taken. To learn spells I also want this kind of depth, needing ingredients, finding tomes through some action. Basically have you as a player do the work, if you want to learn the spells you spend times with the books. One by one.

Alchemy was fine, but very easy to get ingredients. You can basically not even use it if you just copy paste the ones you get from learning them in the first place.

It's just... not challenging and not interesting and in the end so easy I don't even play them anymore.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    "What do you want more of, gameplay or world lots?" This one was so hard to vote on, since I need these both and we're in short supply. I ultimately went with lots because the gameplay we got from RoM was at least passable, while Glimmerbrook is just pathetic.
    Was this question only offered to people who praised the game who would recommend Sims 4 (I put 1) and for people who purchased ROM?

Here I would be happy with a pack with no worlds a pack with nothing but game play leave out lots leave out clothing hair and so on give me game play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    "What do you want more of, gameplay or world lots?" This one was so hard to vote on, since I need these both and we're in short supply. I ultimately went with lots because the gameplay we got from RoM was at least passable, while Glimmerbrook is just pathetic.

Was this question only offered to people who praised the game who would recommend Sims 4 (I put 1) and for people who purchased ROM?

Here I would be happy with a pack with no worlds a pack with nothing but game play leave out lots leave out clothing hair and so on give me game play.

The question was asked of those who purchased Realm of Magic and was only referring to Realm of Magic. It had nothing to do with whether or not you'd recommend the game.

9. Please choose one area you would have liked to see more of.
    CAS content
    Build/Buy
    More world lots
    Gameplay- Spells, potions, etc
    Other-Please specify
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Only RoM question i had was if i had it? and answered no. only had the 8th question mentioned previously. as far as RoM is concerned, i wouldn't expect it to be a major improvement in the game. these packs are often so too expensive and offer such little to the game. i felt seasons for example wasn't worth what i put into it because it didn't really offer anything substantial in game play, where as get together may have been a steep price even on sale, it at least had a new zone and some pre-mades and a few other things, but still not really worth the price asked.

That brings up a previous question about recommending the game and i put out answer "3", because there are some things that really could be improved on to make it more worth the effort, and pricing is one of those that can be improved on as is overall communication from the community team rather than on smaller events and then disappear again.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I picked other for that one. It was a bunch of things like the obvious less bugs, but I said less female CAS parts too because after installing the pack my CAS hair and clothing sections are starting to lay even with my gaming computer with cloud based gaming, while other parts of CAS are not. I also mentioned how shops were the only area I liked since HQ and other areas of the hidden world felt boring with activity.

Sorry about your cataracts. That must be frustrating. My mom deals with that too. It felt more light to me than the Sims 3 Supernatural world which really made it hard to see even when I wasn't wearing glasses then. I don't mind the look of the world since I played a MMO that had very similar space world to it. I can relate to vision issues since the old loading screens and blueprint map views would give me painful migraines. I wish the game had visual toggles for people with different vision preferences. Almost everything I need dark mode of to use with the computer, so even Sulani is nicer on my eyes with its warm tones. The bright blue tone the base game worlds have bother me. That is why I mentioned before are each Simmer is different and I would love in game toggles to benefit the both of us and others. I had epilepsy as a kid, so I am a bit more sensitive to vision things in games too even with my last seizure being years ago. I am just thankful my brain allows me to play video games now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @AlwaysAsking thank you for the tag.

Also tagging @Zeldaboy180 as I know he has it.

Small caveat, I don’t have it. I have played a few hours at my friends and I’m currently playing it now as I’m babysitting my friend’s dog who is heavily pregnant and I’m bored! So I’ve played about 6-8 hours.

I said things I liked were the spell book, the CAS items and build and buy. Gameplay wise I liked the duel animations. I really struggled to think of something because while I think the spell caster game play is fun at first it’s also a double edged sword as so much of it is not new.

Things I dislike is every sim and their dog becoming spell casters, the realm itself being a bit underwhelming and pointless (that green house lot is ridiculous) and that spell casters don’t feel unique as much of their powers is in the game especially if you play the scientist career. I, not a big supernatural player and my spell caster sims just feel quite ordinary, they don’t feel occult like. I like that when I played as a witch in the sims 3, my sim felt like a witch instead of just a sim with a wand. I said I didn’t like that children and toddlers got nothing in the pack.

Thanks, I took it. I said that lately packs have seemed way more set dressing than actual gameplay. Realm of magic has the opposite problem in my opinion, I think the gameplay is fine (but I would have loved more spells) But the visual effects are dull and lacking. Every single spell using the same exact visual effect for the most part.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm to lazy to do the questionnaire. :D
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Oh dang, we actually got some relevant questions. I wish they gave us more chances to specify our complaints and what we want to see more of, though. But overall, this is a major improvement over the old ones.

@Gordy I had the same question; chose "other" & wrote in "lots AND gameplay." ☺
  • Options
    13 possible questions.

8. What are some things TS4 RoM did well?

@simgirl1010, I had that one. Put that they did most things well but that I wasn't happy they pulled a "bait & switch" with two of the sages & that the greenhouse building/lot couldn't be used.
  • Options

@AlwaysAsking, I chose "other" and basically said I didn't want to see less of anything.
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    New questions are always welcome. They should change up the survey each month.
    I don't think it's possible. I suppose the questions are formed by people who understand statistics and it's important to have similar to the exact same questions every time. That really depends on the subjects you're trying to research. It's easier to analyze specific answers, for example a.CAS, b.Build/Buy, c.More worlds.
    Oh dang, we actually got some relevant questions. I wish they gave us more chances to specify our complaints and what we want to see more of, though. But overall, this is a major improvement over the old ones.
    About open questions, let me tell you the gurus won't see those complaints. A team that analyzes the answers will form groups with similar answers and they will analyze it that way. After that they will present the results to the team. Statistics it's not easy and most people don't understand how it works. It's interesting to me and I'm by no means an expert, but that is what I was told.