Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me find Gallery submissions that don't use stuffpacks?

I'm downloading lots of lovely builds from the gallery to replace all the maxis builds in all the neighborhoods. (only neighbs I miss are strangerville and outdoor retreat) Aaand lots of lovely sims from the gallery to put into these builds.

Now, I don't really like stuffpacks. None of them really appeal to me, at least not content wise. I'm frugal so for me to spend money on something as benign as extra furniture I have to be IN LOVE with the furniture and majority of the pack.

Unfortunately a lot of gallery stuff I see has creators that use a gazillion stuff-packs, and I can't filter the gallery to EXCLUDE stuffpacks (probably because to EA it's advertisement for them to appear in the gallery, and no corporation is going to remove free adds even if it annoys their customers)
I've tried going through the gallery, but it gets really tiresome and discouraging to go through an endless storm of submissions JUST to try and filter out the ones without stuff-packs. It's a big pain in the backside really, so that's why I made this thread. (even when I search on #basegame there are still plenty of results that use stuff-packs unfortunately, and not many people use #nostuffpacks)

I'm looking for creators that don't use stuffpacks in their submissions to the gallery!
Game packs are fine.

I really love it when creators use only 1 or 2 packs or only basegame, and just fill up the rooms with NOCC paintings.
I really hate when I see amazing sims, but then if I download them they walk around in their underwear because they are fully clothed in stuffpacks. And I'm a perfectionist so when I dress a sim or make a build I spend an insane amount of time making it GOOD. Which is why I appreciate it so much when someone else makes amazing submissions so that saves me time, and not to mention I'm just not as talented as some haha! But that can't happen if I have to dress a sim myself because of all the stuffpacks that I'm not interested in.

So please share with me the creators you know that submit content without the use of stuff-packs?
Or if not creators, a build or a sim that you really love that doesn't use any stuff-packs?

You can tell me the title of the build/sim or a hashtag that the creator uses so I can find their creations in the gallery!

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited September 2019
    You can't just filter only to show builds with packs you own? You should be able to uncheck all the stuff packs.

Also, I have a couple base game builds. My Gallery ID is the same as on here.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    As I explained, the gallery filter doesn't work that way. If I have stuff-packs unchecked it will still show gallery submissions with stuff packs.
  • Options
    Raichisims wrote: »
    As I explained, the gallery filter doesn't work that way. If I have stuff-packs unchecked it will still show gallery submissions with stuff packs.

Hmm, I didn't know that. It didn't used to be that way (if I remember correctly) but I haven't used that filter in a long time.

As to answer your original question, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that doesn't use stuff packs. A helpful thing is to see what items are used in each build. You can click on the stuff pack that was used and it will show which items were used. Some builds and sims only use one or two items (and sometimes not important items).
  • Options
    Nope, the search function has always failed to filter out stuff packs. I've been annoyed with it since I got it, and I've been Simming since before the vampires game pack came out.

Thanks for telling me about the ability to see the stuff pack items that were used, I didn't know that. It was a little hard to find even, because when you click on the stuff packs used in the gallery item it initially just shows all the items in the stuff packs. There is a little white button above it (very easy to miss) that can be clicked to "show items used" and THEN it shows which items were used. Of course I'm not going to be bothered to do that if a gallery item uses 5+ stuffpacks, because that's 5 times clicking the button and going through the items. A lot of extra unwanted hoo-haa, but it's convenient if it's only 1-3 packs or if I'm really impressed with an item.
  • Options
    Raichisims wrote: »
    Nope, the search function has always failed to filter out stuff packs. I've been annoyed with it since I got it, and I've been Simming since before the vampires game pack came out.

Thanks for telling me about the ability to see the stuff pack items that were used, I didn't know that. It was a little hard to find even, because when you click on the stuff packs used in the gallery item it initially just shows all the items in the stuff packs. There is a little white button above it (very easy to miss) that can be clicked to "show items used" and THEN it shows which items were used. Of course I'm not going to be bothered to do that if a gallery item uses 5+ stuffpacks, because that's 5 times clicking the button and going through the items. A lot of extra unwanted hoo-haa, but it's convenient if it's only 1-3 packs or if I'm really impressed with an item.

I agree that is something that needs to be fixed. What the point of having it if it doesn't do do what it's supposed to do?

I only just learned about that feature about a month ago. I meant only for one or two stuff packs not all of them but I understand it's time consuming.

I just thought of someone who does limited pack builds, Doctor Ashley. I'm not sure if her Gallery ID is the same as her YouTube channel but you can search. She also does budget builds....or used to. I haven't watched her in a while.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    HS6l7lI.png I created this couple using only basegame items, from hair, to make up, clothes and accessories. They are Leif and Niamh O'Grady. Leif is lazy,Good and Clumsy that wants to be a Renaissance Sim aspiration. Niamh has the Neat,Good and Family Oriented traits with the Big Happy Family Aspiration. Hope you like them.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    HS6l7lI.png I created this couple using only basegame items, from hair, to make up, clothes and accessories. They are Leif and Niamh O'Grady. Leif is lazy,Good and Clumsy that wants to be a Renaissance Sim aspiration. Niamh has the Neat,Good and Family Oriented traits with the Big Happy Family Aspiration. Hope you like them.

Not the original poster but I love them. How can I find them in the gallery.

As for the filyers! I wish it were fixed too. I don't have vampires or rom but if i filter those packs out most builds I see still use them
  • Options
    I just checked and the base game filter is working for me. I tried it on lots and sims and it filtered everything out. You are right about the stuff pack filter though. I'm thinking this is a bug but I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

As for the filyers! I wish it were fixed too. I don't have vampires or rom but if i filter those packs out most builds I see still use them

AllyKatz77 and I just rebuilt from scratch a home on Oakenstead (using basegame only items) its a tad expensive tho, but I did not mean it to be, lol, and thank you, I had never made anything using only Basegame, it was harder than I thought it would be, I do not know how to share an image of the house on here, I just took a screenshot of them so I knew how to get that. I could take some screenshots but it is 2 level, but has no MOO and NO CC
    Post edited by smurfy77 on
  • Options

Oh and they were called BaseGame Couple or something like that, but AllyKatz77 is my name on there, thanks again so much :)
  • Options

Oh and they were called BaseGame Couple or something like that, but AllyKatz77 is my name on there, thanks again so much :)

Thanks! I'll download them as soon as I get onto the computer
  • Options

Thanks! I'll download them as soon as I get onto the computer

thank you! I am really glad you liked them :)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    We should create a # for this. #StuffPackFree, #GamePackFree, and #ExpansionPackFree.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    If you search for builds by hashtag, I find that searching for #basegameonly or #[specific pack you own] generates a lot of results that use fewer packs than average.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    As it happens I have a number of base game only builds on the gallery. A lot of them I made for Newcrest so they're a bit older. Most of them are tagged #basegameonly iirc.
    I also have a base game + game pack only rebuild of Selvadorada as a whole.
    My gallery ID is the same as my username here. If you do search stuff on my gallery profile, I've noticed the older stuff doesn't show by default so you need to filter by lot size/price and they'll show up.
    Alternatively, you could have a scroll through my showcase on tumblr (my forum showcase isn't up to date unfortunately) - mind though, don't so this on mobile, tumblr works better on a pc.
    If I wasn't on mobile myself right now, I'd give more (direct) links, but for now I'll just give my main tumblr link: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com
    As for pack free households, I don't have many (if any) of those unfortunately.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :) I subbed to Doctor Ashley and downloaded the O'Grady's.

@MDianaSanders I checked out your gallery, aaand:
    when I search it for #basegame all I get is BG Plants Normal
    when I search for #basegameony all I get is 30 and 32 Lake Crescent

I think maybe something is wrong with the search function? From the sound of your post there should be more results.
  • Options
    There are more, but the gallery doesn't seem to show older creations unless you use filters.
    I'll give a few direct links later when I have access to my PC.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I use "basegame" as a hashtag when searching.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I said I'd share some links, I'll put them under a spoiler so as to not make this post too long.
    I have Ranger Stanley's Tavern, it uses only the Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat game packs - Gallery Link
    tumblr_p9p2t68lcL1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    A rebuild of the Von Haunt estate that uses only base game and Get Together - Gallery Link
    tumblr_p32mbi5EFy1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    And a church that uses only base game and Get Together - Gallery Link
    A few houses using only basegame and Cats & Dogs
    78 Brindleton Boulevard
    Creekside Cottage
    3 Sable Square
    Beachview House

And a bunch of just basegame builds:
    Family Starter Cottage

tumblr_ocxjt9B6Qv1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Beech Breeze Pool
    243 Beech Street
    241 Beech Street
    239 Beech Street

tumblr_obhkxvdmXz1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    Creative Canvas Museum
    Perfect Parchment Library
    7 Birch Road
    9 Birch Road
    5 Birch Road

tumblr_obc3jbDF2g1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    55 Cactus Cove
    56 Cactus Cove
    57 Cactus Cove
    58 Cactus Cove
    59 Cactus Cove

tumblr_o8d3altOvI1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    167 Tumbleweed Road
    165 Tumbleweed Road
    168 Tumbleweed Road
    166 Tumbleweed Road (I can't get this link to work right now
    164 Tumbleweed Road

I'll leave it at this for now, there is more though. I've also built neighbourhoods for Newcrest, a couple of under 10K starter homes, remakes of TS2 and TS1 builds etc.

I've found that if you go to my Gallery page and just filter "Lots" on the left side (under "Category"), it will show you all of my lots (if you scroll down), including the older ones, a lot of which are basegame only. The search function seems to only show newer uploads unfortunately.
  • Options
    I created this couple using only basegame items, from hair, to make up, clothes and accessories. They are Leif and Niamh O'Grady. Leif is lazy,Good and Clumsy that wants to be a Renaissance Sim aspiration. Niamh has the Neat,Good and Family Oriented traits with the Big Happy Family Aspiration. Hope you like them.

Thank-you :) Leif and Niamh are enjoying their new home on the island in my game.

HZVamVE.png
  • Options
    I created this couple using only basegame items, from hair, to make up, clothes and accessories. They are Leif and Niamh O'Grady. Leif is lazy,Good and Clumsy that wants to be a Renaissance Sim aspiration. Niamh has the Neat,Good and Family Oriented traits with the Big Happy Family Aspiration. Hope you like them.

Thank-you :) Leif and Niamh are enjoying their new home on the island in my game.

HZVamVE.png

HZVamVE.png

Oh they look great! I am so glad you like them, thank you so much!! Much fun to you!
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2019
    _____
    Post edited by PreCiious on