Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Nindl #6 is a full body outfit from the business career. Glad you like the outfits. I just thought it can be easy sometimes to forgot about those CAS parts, but there are some hidden gems. I love that turtleneck.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Netzspannung
    Ah okay, thanks! Full body outfit is fine as well. I agree, there are several really good pieces you can unlock, CAS and Build & Buy. I like the turtleneck as well, I am glad my Sim has already unlocked it. It is weird that the only (I think?) turtleneck in the game is a reward item for the secret agent career.
  • Options
    @Nindl It is indeed the only turtleneck for females (C&D has one for males) and it is very weird, I totally agree.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    I use a mod by Fogity that unlocks all CAS items for all sims, including some "lost" ones that are in the game, but the developers seem to have forgotten about.

I love the new outfits, but am a bit surprised you didn't make use of those lady shoes with the "bubbly" heels. Then again, my sense of fashion is vastly inferior to yours so it's just an observation.

By the way, I've looked and studied every picture in this thread by now and have to say that one of my favorites is the 4th outfit you created for the special focus on the waterfall jacket back on page one. How in the name of Chanel did you manage to find that combo??? I must admit that I've since copied it and now Luna Villareal is wearing it in my game. Also the 7th outfit for homewear on the same page. The use of that underwear with those leggings is genius!

I cannot thank you enough for all the inspiration you have given me with your posts!
  • Options
    @DMDCT Thank you again for the kind and detailed comment!

I think you are referring to the heels unlocked by the Stylist career. To be honest, I like that they come in a big variety of colours, but something bothers me about the overall shape and the heel itself. It's just something about my particular taste and I am sure many have created beautiful outfits using those pumps.

That's great that you found outfits for use in your game and Luna should look fabulous in that combo, great pick!

When you've spent some time in CAS you just notice things, like that underwear shows with some leggings (and body suits e.g. Backyard SP) and you just try some stuff out when working with these assets. Glad you appreciated that detail! :)

we all try ...
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I am so inspired everytime I see a new update from you. I then spend hours redressing my sims and the townies based on your creations. I especially like outfit 4 above. Never would have thought to combine those two items together. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Yes, those "bubble pumps" are definitely reserved for my wackier sims. Or glamorous alien ladies...

And I totally agree with ImSands about the 4th outfit. I know those items well, but never, not in a million years, would I have thought of putting those two together! I had always considered them to be on the "opposite side of the fashion spectrum". Well 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was I wrong!

I also like how the colors match on the 5th and 6th outfit.

You might also be interested to hear that I've started using the gladiator sandals a lot more thanks to you. Before, the only sim that wore them in my game was Don Lothario in one of his party outfits as Roman centurion. And thus, I salute you!

As always, it's been a pleasure checking in!
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2019
    @DMDCT - your comment about glamorous alien ladies, how about a spread of Alien fashion outfits @Netzspannung ? Would love to see your take on that :smiley:
    Post edited by ImSands on
  • Options
    Nice combinations with the City Living tops! And I too would like to see some Alien fashion, good suggestion, @ImSands !

I have another question about your CAS Unlockable outfits - I could not find out where the necklace from outfit 2 is from, from which pack is it? And btw I liked that idea with the turtleneck and the necklace so much that I wore it yesterday when dining out - so your outfits are not only helpful for the Sims, but for real life as well! :)
  • Options
    @Nindl It's great that you got some real life inspiration from this thread! :)
    The necklace is unlocked by the Stylist career, so it is a BG item. The jewellery this career unlocks is quite nice.

we all try ...
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Enjoy your thread very much - provides much needed inspiration for my Sims and also for the (many, many) townie makeovers that are required :D

Would you ever consider doing a maternity wear lookbook?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @Netzspannung
    Thanks a lot for the information! I was planning to make my Sim do that career soon, now I have one more reason to. :)

Do they unlock the CAS parts in both branches of the career or only the Stylist one?
  • Options
    @Nindl Both my Sims in the Stylist (Level 9) and in the Trend Setter (Level 10) branch have these items unlocked. The career paths are fairly similar, but with the Trend Setter you can create trends earlier on, which can be quite fun seeing Sims (and even the Grim Reaper) rocking the outfits you created and with the Stylist you can give Sims a makeover earlier, which is also pretty cool.

we all try ...
  • Options
    @Netzspannung
    Thank you very much for that detailed answer!
  • Options
    @Netzspannung

A strong word of caution when creating trends via the trend setter career:

There is no known way to get rid of them once you set a trend! Yes, you can change them, but should your trend-setter sim ever die, then that game file will have that trend stuck in it forever! This is a serious problem for rotational perfect-world players such as myself. Even crinrinct over at the official EA-Answers website says there is currently no way to delete a trend once it's set. I had to revert to an older save file, once I realized what was going on, to a point before I created the trend; and in that process, I lost about a week's worth of play time. So everyone please be aware of that!
  • Options
    Oh it's annoying that as a new member I am unable to edit my own posts!

I only wanted to add that even if you delete your trend-setter sim, the trends will remain. Also, LittleMsSam did find a solution, but it involves the use of Sims4Studio and possessing at least basic modding/programming knowledge to edit your game's save file. And even that approach is considered risky (that's why I didn't even attempt it).
  • Options
    @DMDCT
    Thanks a lot for that heads-up! That does sound like something that would annoy me. I hope it is possible to avoid setting trends then.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @Nindl

I'm glad I got to you in time then! I think that as long as you don't choose "work from home" with the trend-setter branch of the style influencer career at a certain level (not sure... maybe 8 or 9) you're ok. The problem is that when working from home, sometimes the task will be to "Set a Trend".

Personally, I also avoid the Trailblazer perk from Get Famous that becomes available to 4-star-celebrities. I had initially given it to Bella Goth and while it was amusing for a time to see others copy her outfit, the flaws of that perk soon became apparent: For even if you travel with another member of that household to a community lot, other sims will copy the outfit (even if the Trailblazer-sim isn't even on that lot). Needless to say that it became extremely awkward to have Nancy Landgraab along with a dozen of other female sims (including his own daughter Cassandra!!!) stroll around Mortimer sporting his wife's red dress at all times! Yeah...
  • Options
    Woah! I was just promoted to full member!
  • Options
    @DMDCT
    Thank you again for your help! And congrats on becoming a full member!
  • Options
    That actually never bothered me about the careers. After having some fun with it, I just created some rather neutral outfits both for male and female and I am fine with occasionally seeing those around. And my Trend Setter Sim is very special to me and will never die as long as I play this save. So it really depends on the playstyle whether setting trends becomes a problem. If someone has an issue with this, the Stylist career is definitely the better choice. You can't even create trends in that branch until you're level 10.

we all try ...
  • Options
    @Netzspannung I do apologize for derailing this thread. And you're absolutely right, it does depend on the individual playstyle.

So, any teaser info about your next project?
  • Options
    @DMDCT No worries, as long as it's Sim & Fashion related we are right on track and your info was very helpful to everyone who has not played with the Style Influencer careers yet.

I will probably post something tomorrow, most likely a color focus. :)

we all try ...
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    So literally months ago (in June actually) one of you lovely people asked me whether I could incorporate the City Living tops, because they didn't quite know what to do with them. But since I use them so much, I was afraid I could not do a spread without posting very similar outfits. Since then a lot more packs got released, so I felt confident I could do a focus on the tops while still making new outfits. And I double checked, I have not posted these swatches before. I think a lot of these would make great party wear! And while I'm sure @DatLlama forgot about their request some time around June - here it is anyway. :D

Focus: City Living - Just the tops!
    apZPYA4.jpg

Aha! Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top