Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR RoM review out now! :)

2...Next

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    these sort of reviews are not worth watching in my opinion

I’ll bite, why do you say this? Is there something missing from the review?

I find LGR rather entertaining, personally.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2019
    To get back on topic - a very well made review as always - there was a couple of things that he didn't seem very impressed with, but otherwise it seems he enjoyed the chaos you can wreck while using magic. The review actually changed my opinion of the pack a little - I usually don't wreck complete chaos as it's usually not my play style, but since magic has and inherent 'story' an reason for the 'cheety' chaos, I'd definitely want to try it out. Even though it will be for half the price, and when (hopefully) the bugs are fixed, I'll definitely get the pack. Especially since magic is a favorite theme of mine. I just hope that some of my peeves with this pack - like scruberoo not working on kids and toddlers - is not TOO jarring. Or maybe there will be mods that fix that. I just know I will get annoyed with being able to scruberoo older sims, but not kids? I dunno.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The review was fun to watch as always. It was worth the wait. I hope he had fun on his well deserved vacation. I am happy he took some time for himself.

I had already opted not to buy it. Maybe or maybe not when it is 50% off.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've bought this, but not played yet. I think I'm going to enjoy it just to have a save where everything is constantly burning! OH, maybe I'll make my asylum save RoM. That estate needs some excitement. Insane spellcasters all living in the same place. So fiery, much fun!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, I've removed several comments. Let's keep things on topic. I've reopened the thread.

EA_Joz
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I've removed several comments. Let's keep things on topic. I've reopened the thread.

EA_Joz
    Thank you! <3
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yeah, I don't trust "reviewers" who are biased against the thing they're reviewing. He hates occults. This isn't new. Therefore, his review isn't worth watching.
    Yeah, I don't trust "reviewers" who are biased against the thing they're reviewing. He hates occults. This isn't new. Therefore, his review isn't worth watching.
    That's not true, he liked the Vampire pack a lot.
    Allons-y!

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

He doesn't like occults a lot, that's fine. Neither does Lilsimsie - but compared to hers, his review was informative xD He was actually very positive about both Vampires and RoM, even if he said he'd uninstall the pack because it just doesn't fit the way he personally plays the game.
  • Yeah, I don't trust "reviewers" who are biased against the thing they're reviewing. He hates occults. This isn't new. Therefore, his review isn't worth watching.

Agree :) That goes for anything in life really.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I watch his channel for other content, but this was entertaining. I dislike occult as well, but look at reviews to see how the gameplay has progressed. Basically my impression of ROM took the lazy route by just making cheats easy to accomplish without the need to type them into the bar. I got this from his review as well as others I watched. That is seen as a big negative in terms of gameplay to me, but it is the way the series seems to be headed.
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Very funny review. I've never seen his videos before. He now has a new subscriber. :)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

If you guys actually watched the review he actually says that it's a pretty good pack even though it doesn't fit his playstyle
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

If you guys actually watched the review he actually says that it's a pretty good pack even though it doesn't fit his playstyle

I think folks tuned out him saying it was an good pack and focused more on the statement "it doesn't fit his playstyle" and therefore he was being negative. This happens alot on this forum when some people pick and chose what they want to see and do not look at the whole thing.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    You know the negative comments prove that they didn't watch the vidio. Iui video. They watch it they would know Lgr likes this pack.Even though it doesn't fit his playstyles.He will say when packs are well done.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

The same can be said vice versa as well as an reviewer can hype an game by overlooking certain weaknesses that the game may have. I am very cautious about following an reviewer that overly gives an postive review of an product for sometimes it can be very misleading.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited October 2019
    I personally prefers ALL Carl's Review because he has more potent in comedy atmosphere. Here are all the Reviews.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPnsKxDm8Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCKuOL1nBfQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5rbwXvEJ98 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4UHqw-TZvs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    I personally prefers ALL Carl's Review because he has more potent in comedy atmosphere. Here are all the Reviews.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPnsKxDm8Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCKuOL1nBfQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5rbwXvEJ98 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4UHqw-TZvs

I love Carl too!

LGR has been my favourite for a long time but he's slowed down as of late so it's nice that someone else is also doing it comically. Carl always had his website, but I like his new video format. They both are funny and entertaining. It comes down to personal taste the style of video but I think both of these guys do great work and I appreciate their opinions. They tell it how it is. The good and the bad. In the end, I still make my own choices but I do look forward to watching these guys when new packs come out.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited October 2019
    Carl is the best.
    LGR is ok, I guess.
    lisimie (or whatever her name) is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 awful, it is her first video I've ever watched and it is also the last one. Nitpicking small, insignificant, meaningless details while omitting everything else. What an incompetence. I wish I didn't spent my time on her.
    Post edited by Faust-RSI on
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2019
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Carl is the best.
    LGR is ok, I guess.
    lisimie (or whatever her name) is plum awful, it is her first video I've ever watched and it is also the last one. Nitpicking small meaningless details while omitting everything else. What an incompetence. I wish I didn't spent my time on her.

I used to like her builds. She's turned me off from herself with her extremely immature attitude. I know she is still young, however, her videos make her come across (to me) as spoiled and entitled, worse and more so of late. Being a younger person is not an excuse for this attitude. Now I don't even like her builds anymore. She's puts herself on such a high horse and it's a huge turn off. I was put off completely when she put up a ROM house that she renovated a full 24 hours before ROM was actually available to the rest of us on the gallery. Sure you have the same rights we all do, I have some renovations of Maxis in my own gallery, but putting something up early felt like a slap in the face, "I'm better than you" kind of thing. Yes we know you are a game changer. Yes you get it early. Thanks for your complaining and your self righteous attitude and then throwing it in all of our faces... She was the ONLY game changer I notice to do this too. The rest had the maturity and common decency to wait to put their builds up after the pack was actually released.

I've stopped following her on the gallery, twitter, twitch and youtube. After the ROM stunt, I'm done with her.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    @Ancaryvan I didn't know Carl makes videos! Thanks for posting them. :)

Personally, I still enjoy LGR's reviews a lot. It took me a while to give them a try because I thought he only bashes the game – at least this was the impression I got from the forums. Fact is, he doesn't. He does make his snarky remarks, but let's be honest, they are entertaining, and he stays pretty objective for the rest of the time. RoM might not be his cup of tea, yet he still called it a good pack.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif