Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weight loss

Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
Have you tried the weight loss icecream? Sims are dropping weight like mad and get a happy mood buff from it. I completely forgot about this, easy mode for my lazy sims who don't want to work out.
Post edited by Vivi_WillowTree on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The ice cream maker was such a disappointment to me.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I do not use it as it feels so cheaty. I like my Sims setting a goal and then shredding off the pounds with exercise.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Have you tried the weight loss icecream? Sims are dropping weight like mad and get a happy mood buff from it. I completely forgot about this, easy mode for my lazy sims who don't want to work out.

There's weight loss ice cream?. I've got the ice cream maker but didn't know this. I haven't played around with it too much because I was put off by the size of the huge ice cream cones!. :D
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    There's weight loss ice cream?. I've got the ice cream maker but didn't know this. I haven't played around with it too much because I was put off by the size of the huge ice cream cones!. :D
    Lol. Get them to have a dish of ice cream if you don't like the cones ;) The ice cream is called Taste of Diet.

If only it were a thing in real life...
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Didn't realise there was another way to take off the weight in game. i don't recall seeing an ice cream maker anywhere. is this part of some pack?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Didn't realise there was another way to take off the weight in game. i don't recall seeing an ice cream maker anywhere. is this part of some pack?

It's from the Cool Kichen Stuff pack.

I've not used it (whenever I needed it, I forgot I have that pack so my Sims were just sent jogging lol) yet but I do have the ice cream machine in households, usually until my Sims start to want to eat nothing but ice cream, the way they do with cupcakes if I have the cupcake machine.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Oh good! I gave my main the ice cream maker because it was summer and now he won't eat anything but, good to know the effects are, uh, reversable XD
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    You can also gain weight with weight of the world. Twin roses makes your sim flirty and they can catch on fire eating dragons breath. I love expermenting with all the moodlets and effects the machine gives. Taste of diet is my sims favourite though. I do have one sim who refuses to eat it and is quite cuddly ( to put it nicely) even though his wife and teens are addicted to it.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I love it. It makes weight loss so much easier! My sim was trying to lose weight for her new year's resolution but it just didn't work until she tried the ice cream.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yep diet ice cream is what do half the time haha 😂 you need lvl 5 cooking skill and the cool kitchen pack to create it.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I love that ice cream. Sims can enjoy all the sweets they want and then one weight loss ice cream later they're back to the start. I use it when I want my sim to lose weight but don't want them to become athletic and muscular.
    I had a female sim who looked horrible after her athletic skill was maxed trying to lose weight. Muscle didn't look good for her.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I love that ice cream, especially now that we can store it whole in the fridge (instead of individual servings like before)

It resets the bar to zero however and that doesn't always look good, so my sims still like yoga better.
    But in case of emergency, I'm glad it's there.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I forgot about the weight loss ice cream. Never tried it for my sims yet, but I'm gonna have to do that.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Looks like my sims are going to have an ice cream machine now!.
    happyopi wrote: »
    I love that ice cream, especially now that we can store it whole in the fridge (instead of individual servings like before)

It resets the bar to zero however and that doesn't always look good, so my sims still like yoga better.
    But in case of emergency, I'm glad it's there.

Is yoga good for them losing weight without gaining muscle?
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    @elanorbreton yoga gains muscle the same way the fitness skill does.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    They use it autonomously and put the icecream in their inventory. That can be a pain.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

You won't gain muscle like you do from a weights bench, or even from a punching bag. It does keep a Sim toned, but doesn't drastically move their sliders so far as I have seen. To keep my Sims as muscled as I like, I need to pursue other activities than yoga. Yoga alone leaves them fit but soft-looking. Not bad, but not what I want.
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    Ah jeez, and here I was forcing my sim to eat fish and chips everyday because it has zero cal and jogging so there's no weight gain. Now she can eat whatever she wants and just eat the Taste of Diet and a 30 sim-minute jog!
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member

I just got the stuff pack recently, so I've been having fun with it.

One of my Sims picked "lose weight" as his holiday resolution, and with less than a day to go to fulfill it, he just ate a cone of the ice cream. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Sindocat wrote: »

You won't gain muscle like you do from a weights bench, or even from a punching bag. It does keep a Sim toned, but doesn't drastically move their sliders so far as I have seen. To keep my Sims as muscled as I like, I need to pursue other activities than yoga. Yoga alone leaves them fit but soft-looking. Not bad, but not what I want.

That's good then, that is what I wanted. Thank you!