Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamers Review of Realm Of Magic will be late (Out Now)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    The only reviews I would take seriously, if I actually cared about opinions other than my own, would be from someone who actually liked and regularly played The Sims 4. Because if they aren't a fan of the game, then I wouldn't value their opinion.

However, for people who are neutral/casual sims 4 players I could see how they might care about this. It just isn't my thing. Im either going to like the gameplay or im not but its not going to be because of someone elses point of view.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The only reviews I would take seriously, if I actually cared about opinions other than my own, would be from someone who actually liked and regularly played The Sims 4. Because if they aren't a fan of the game, then I wouldn't value their opinion.

However, for people who are neutral/casual sims 4 players I could see how they might care about this. It just isn't my thing. Im either going to like the gameplay or im not but its not going to be because of someone elses point of view.

This is how I feel. Since I already enjoy the game I don't need reviews at all... although sometimes they are nice for entertainment value.

He also gave bad info in this about autonomous magical duels outside of the Realm. This doesn't happen, unless you the player make it happen. Although I do see them ride on brooms.. so there is that.
    I was amused by the review though overall and think he gave it basically a thumbs up... for those of us that like that sort of thing anyway >:)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

This is how I feel. Since I already enjoy the game I don't need reviews at all... although sometimes they are nice for entertainment value.

He also gave bad info in this about autonomous magical duels outside of the Realm. This doesn't happen, unless you the player make it happen. Although I do see them ride on brooms.. so there is that.
    I was amused by the review though overall and think he gave it basically a thumbs up... for those of us that like that sort of thing anyway >:)

But what are we to know what to think or feel without the word of The Sage? What are we to know???
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

But what are we to know what to think or feel without the word of The Sage? What are we to know???

Do you just go into every LGR-related thread to say this over and over? 😅 Sorry I just don't really get it. I mean it's totally fine if people don't like his reviews, but you could just let others enjoy them without getting all condescending about it? 🤔
  • Options
    @SimTrippy Its okay for people to not care for his reviews. I feel like if anything your response is the antagonizing one .

• Options
    @SimTrippy Its okay for people to not care for his reviews. I feel like if anything your response is the antagonizing one .

I honestly don't mind if people don't like it but this constant "but how would we know what to think without him"-thing, to me, does sound a little like people who like his reviews are drones with no minds of their own.

But I apologise if me objecting to that was antagonizing 😊
  • Options
    its just the tone. i dont think anyone is against people who like his reviews. i think those of us who are critical of him are just opposed to the idea that his point of view is of great significance, more so than anyone elses @SimTrippy

• Options
    its just the tone. i dont think anyone is against people who like his reviews. i think those of us who are critical of him are just opposed to the idea that his point of view is of great significance, more so than anyone elses @SimTrippy

Yes I also took no offence to how you expressed that. Again, I don't mind people not liking him, as long as they don't make any unnecessary assumptions about people that do. But it really doesn't matter, I don't want to derail the thread. Carry on everyone :)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yes I also took no offence to how you expressed that. Again, I don't mind people not liking him, as long as they don't make any unnecessary assumptions about people that do. But it really doesn't matter, I don't want to derail the thread. Carry on everyone :)

Seems if we are a fan of LGR or are NOT a fan of TS4 our opinions really don't matter and should go to other games....just saying...I feel that is what it is.
  • Options
    I mean, if I didn't like a game, I would move on to playing another one. Unless I was pirating it. Which I would also not do. And I think most people in general would not play games they don't enjoy. It's not a radical idea or anything @KaeChan2089

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    LGR is part of the community. Simple.
  • Options
    His reviews are simply not of importance to everyone.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I don't see anyone say they are, nor claiming that they should be. LOL
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Aine wrote: »

And yet, at any time a video is uploaded we see multiple threads proclaiming the glory to all. No other YouTuber receives such....devotion.
  • Options

And yet, at any time a video is uploaded we see multiple threads proclaiming the glory to all. No other YouTuber receives such....devotion.
    It's true that his reviews are like by many. I don't see anything wrong with that. Simmers have different opinions about the game and we all have different play styles and preferences. I and many others like his expertise and the way he makes the reviews - he's funny and entertaining while being informative.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I, and I alone, decide if I buy or do not buy any pack. But, I do enjoy watching some reviews by some reviewers. He is one I watch. His opinion has never influenced mine. As long as he is being honest with his opinion and not trying to "speak for an unhappy few" just to get views, I'm fine with it.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I, and I alone, decide if I buy or do not buy any pack. But, I do enjoy watching some reviews by some reviewers. He is one I watch. His opinion has never influenced mine. As long as he is being honest with his opinion and not trying to "speak for an unhappy few" just to get views, I'm fine with it.
    The same for me - if my opinion changes it's because he's given me information I previously didn't have - both positive and negative. I really enjoy the reviews as entertainment, but with useful info.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The same for me - if my opinion changes it's because he's given me information I previously didn't have - both positive and negative. I really enjoy the reviews as entertainment, but with useful info.

Exactly. I start a pack in my own particular way with every pack. So, he, or others, might have found or done something I was wondering how to do or didn't know could be done. It's just information with a few laughs.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited September 2019
    My only real issue with his reviews (and this makes only two I've watched) is that he has either glossed over or outright misstated something in each one. He ignored several features of the tripod in the Moschino pack, and his wording was confusing about spellcasters using magic outside the Magic Realm, implying that NPC spellcasters would use it autonomously in - for example - npc vs npc duels.

In the first case, the stuff he ignored was the exact reason that Moschino is actually on my wish list, as opposed to "nice to get some day." In the second, he's caused some confusion because NPCs using magic autonomously outside the magic realm is something we were told wouldn't happen, and indeed I've never seen happen - barring only broom use.

So that's two for two of the reviews I've watched that have provided incomplete or inaccurate information. So for those who do rely on his opinion heavily, it makes me wonder what else has been missed that might have influenced them otherwise (either to pass or to give something a try - or to look for another review to verify/refute what he said.)
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited September 2019
    Love it as always. I just enjoy listening to his opinion on the packs. Even when he’s negative he’s still hilarious. Plus watching him literally ruin the lives of all townies playing this pack for his review was fantastic. I don’t use his reviews to buy any pack, but they are always entertaining.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Gaming, no matter which games one plays, is a form of entertainment. It isnt as if we're trying to cure diseases, you know. Watching LGR's reviews, or any Game Changer video, is just another way to be entertained. But I will say this, all I had to do was watch a couple of live play streams from the Game Changers before I totally made up my mind not to buy RoM. Not because any of them were doling out negative reviews, but because of what I saw during those streams. Clint, aka Lazy Gamer, is always entertaining to watch and I enjoy his sometimes brutal honesty. He does not hate Sims4. But he does dislike the direction this iteration has taken in the last two years. I am in total agreement with him on that point. But in the end, it is all just another form of entertainment. All I care about is the entertainment value in each new pack I may or may not buy. If the content does not entertain me, I pass on purchasing certain packs. RoM fell into that category, and I am completely satisfied with my decision that was based on what I saw, not because of anything someone said.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Wow Patreon for reviews, what a wild world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    So having a life beyond the computer screen is unprofessional.

Oh boy I am VERY unprofessional then! :D (but then again I never claimed to be professional either, lol)

But yes on topic, hoping very much to see his video :)

Well, I'm not sure that it is "unprofessional". His core audience is the anti-Sims 4 crowd, and they expect to see regular delivery of content in that vein. Evidently his interests are centered around old hardware, although this apparently doesn't really pay the bills. One would wonder what a review of the AT&T PC 6300 is worth at this stage of the game, but if that's what he's into, then that's what he's into. It's probably a balance between the two.

And yet he hasn't actually been all that negative about any of the latest packs. Even his IL review was surprisingly positive still, considering that one may have deserved a tat more negativity than others. I don't think it's fair to say his viewer base is entirely made up of TS4 haters, that isn't what he built his brand on, and it isn't why I and many others who do like TS4 still enjoy watching his reviews.

Also sorry @catloverplayer I didn't know you already had a thread for this! @EA_Mage maybe you can merge the threads? :)

That's ok.
  • Options
    LGR is part of the community. Simple.

this is so true. you could clearly show how genuinely passionate he is/was on the franchise by watching his old videos back in the old days.

i can still recall him pointing out how there were a lot of worlds popping out from TS3 store and calling the ton of random features from expansions being 'unusable junk' cos there were a lot of them packed in every pack, which i find very hilarious and everything on this time.

cos now we're out here settling on 14 lots per expansion pack world , not even getting the simplest things like doghouses and burglars and full expansions packs being short lived content-wise. cos just like what that former senior producer said, 'decisions, decisions'.
    y'all got bread?