Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sages Just Leave?!

Today I had my sim go to magic HQ to do his daily spell learning from the sages. I've gotten all 3 sages friendship up high enough I can just walk in and ask for my spells then leave and go back to his regular life. However today, Morgyn just left?! He just upped and walked right out the realm while I was trying to talk to him and was replaced by this lady Toni Sharpe, who my sim doesn't know and she won't teach him anything because she doesn't know him well enough?! Ok, so thanks game, that was rude. I've never had sages just quit in the middle of something and leave. I've had them replaced in another save where they died of old age. I've seen sages about the world too and despite just passing by my sim's home, they are ALWAYS in the realm being sages when my sim gets there. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this supposed to happen and I've just been lucky up until now?
Origin ID: Peapod79

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Both the Mischief and Practical sages have somehow gotten replaced by random NPCs in my game, Morgyn is somehow the only one left. Go figure.

L. Faba showed up as a barista at the new bar, and so did Simeon. I guess this made them stop being sages. I should fire them from their jobs. Maybe that will bring them back.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    That's because the game gives them jobs. They leave when their work hours start and are replaced by other sims who will become sages. Being a sage is apparently not a job but a hidden trait.

If you use MCCC you can keep your sages unemployed by going to MCCC > Sim Flags > Flag Freeze Career when they are unemployed. If you need to remove their current career you can do that by going to Cheat Sim Info > Remove Career

There is currently a bug where they will still wear their old work outfit though. So the best way is to load an old save and do it before they get assigned jobs. Otherwise you have to change their career outfit by using the modify career outfit cheat.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I guess I knew they had jobs, L.Faba showed up in my other save as the pet adoption agent when I sold a kitten. When I went back to the realm though, she was always there, although always now wearing her suit from that job. :/

Obviously I just never seen them leave to go to a job? Assuming they skipped if I was there I guess. They should probably code it so they can't have jobs, being a sage should be job enough!

I did go back and Morgyn was back, so I guess they did leave to go to work. Not sure what job because the clothes are still the same sage clothes, something part time I guess? I should ask them. Hahah

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes, I had two sages, Ganondorf and Sheogorath leave the realm for an unknown reason.
    And be replaced by two random sages. I just delete the replacements and Ganondorf and Sheogorath reclaimed their respective roles.

Why they left? no idea.

But they can leave.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    To me this is weird but I'll keep a look out for it. I have 3 spellcasters that go to the Realm separately. One is a Virtuoso, one is a Master .. and one is just starting out, but I feel like I've spent a lot of time there and all three of the Sages are always there. Although I do see them walking around in the other neighborhoods, fishing ect.. when I'm out and about.
    I play with aging off.. and I don't have any mods in my game. Could this be a mod conflict? Or a story progression thing?
    My save is also an older one so maybe (?) the bartenders ect have already been chosen in my save, that's the only other thing I can think of.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Think its a bug as someone mentioned they really arent suppose to be able to get jobs. Hopefully they fix it in the next patch. For now I had used MCC. I tend to flag sims in careers, physique, marriage, skills and from culling. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
    I don't use MCC but the further and further we get into this series, and the more and more bugs piling up, I'm seriously considering it for the first time ever. I'd appreciate if they could fix it so the sages were just sages. I do feel like a sage is a job, and those poor sims have to hold the realm together and work at HAMBURGER? Doesn't seem too realistic either, that's like Dumbledore working at McDonalds.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    To me this is weird but I'll keep a look out for it. I have 3 spellcasters that go to the Realm separately. One is a Virtuoso, one is a Master .. and one is just starting out, but I feel like I've spent a lot of time there and all three of the Sages are always there. Although I do see them walking around in the other neighborhoods, fishing ect.. when I'm out and about.
    I play with aging off.. and I don't have any mods in my game. Could this be a mod conflict? Or a story progression thing?
    My save is also an older one so maybe (?) the bartenders ect have already been chosen in my save, that's the only other thing I can think of.

Definitely not a mod conflict. I have mod and cc disabled in my game. Morgyn left the Magic Realm when my sim was visiting and got replaced by another sim then a few days later he was back as page. My sim eventually ended up marrying him and he had a job as a style influencer.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sometimes the game assigns the Sages careers, in which case they will leave for work hours. When they have disinstantiated for work, a new Sage of that school appears, and steps in as a substitute while they are gone. You will need to cultivate a relationship with the substitute to be taught by them, as well. A Potion of Forced Friendship is the speedy work-around.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Let sages be sages, hope it will get patched so that they will not be recruited for to other jobs.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Sometimes the game assigns the Sages careers, in which case they will leave for work hours. When they have disinstantiated for work, a new Sage of that school appears, and steps in as a substitute while they are gone. You will need to cultivate a relationship with the substitute to be taught by them, as well. A Potion of Forced Friendship is the speedy work-around.

I can't believe I didn't think of this! Although, that's assuming that one has learned that before a sage gets a job. :/
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think that the sage matter has been mismanaged. According to lore, the three sages didn't really like each other, but got together in order to keep the magical realm from literally tearing itself apart. As unpopular as it may be, perhaps it would have been better if Morgyn and friends would not have been able to be removed from those roles. At least then there would have been the three very cool-looking sages we saw from the trailers.
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    I know this is a bug, and really annoying in game, but I also find it hilarious to imagine a sage deciding to just up and quit their sage job and become a barista. It's like they're all having a magical mid-life crisis.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I know this is a bug, and really annoying in game, but I also find it hilarious to imagine a sage deciding to just up and quit their sage job and become a barista. It's like they're all having a magical mid-life crisis.

Lol, plum this! You keep this realm from falling apart

Nahh, rather keep the sages that I put care into making special but yes it is a bit fun.