Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Super Siblings?

Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
tumblr_pygqlsRMx01wy9czzo1_1280.png

Is this a new thing or just something I've not seen before? I started the household with four teens, unrelated - spellcaster, vampire, mermaid, and alien and all four have this 'Super Sibling - a great relationship with ally siblings, blood or not' relationship with each other. Is it because they are all occults?
Would it impact the romantic relationship between the two? They've since aged up and the female is pregnant and when she tells the father he acts like it's not his, he just gets the happy moodlet because of a family member, not his own child. He's also self-absored, I don't know if that would have anything to do with his reaction.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This does not have anything to do with occults, I've seen this in my normal human sims. As long as they are not blood-related, and you have an option for romantic interactions, they can get married to each other. A while back I was playing a household with 3 teens, two boys, and a girl, and none of them were related to each other. While they were teens I did not get them involved with each other, but after they became young adults, two of them became romantically involved and did get married to each other. They had the super sibling relationship.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I had no idea this was even a thing, and I'm not quite sure I understand it completely. How can they be 'siblings' if they're not related?
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @ShadyLady89 It has to do with the type of relationship they had before they became young adults, the closeness, the bond they share.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    @ShadyLady89 It has to do with the type of relationship they had before they became young adults, the closeness, the bond they share.

Hmm strange - I thought Parenthood only gives this relationship to actual siblings or half-siblings, not roommates?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    This has to be a glitch. You should report it on the AHQ bug forum. So far as I know only siblings, half-siblings or siblings by adoption should have that relationship status.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Hmm strange - I thought Parenthood only gives this relationship to actual siblings or half-siblings, not roommates?

It's likely based off of interactions the Sims did as Teens. Some of those came with the Parenthood pack and were designed for siblings/step-siblings. If those Sims used those interactions and it contributed to their relationship, it would trigger that relationship trait regardless of their blood relation (probably to allow for joined families and siblings who aren't blood-related at all in those).
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited September 2019
    Strange. I thought these sims get the special sibling relationship after becoming young adults:
    • Full-siblings (those who share same parents with the sims)
    • Half-siblings
    • If child's parents aren't in the same household, then caretaker's children and their other dependents.

These special relationships with parents, grandparents, and siblings came in Parenthood game pack.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

As in my brother from a different mother type thing? This is truly weird.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I thought it was basically for sims who grew up together. It says, blood or not, so they must not have to be related. I've only seen it with step-siblings.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

It's likely based off of interactions the Sims did as Teens. Some of those came with the Parenthood pack and were designed for siblings/step-siblings. If those Sims used those interactions and it contributed to their relationship, it would trigger that relationship trait regardless of their blood relation (probably to allow for joined families and siblings who aren't blood-related at all in those).

Okay, now I'm worried. I have a household like the one the OP mentioned, and I can't remember if they've used any of those interactions or not. :s
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I dont think it matters if they use parenthood specific interactions, just that they live together when they age up to young adult and have a strong friendship. If I think there may be romance in the future I keep them in seperate houses.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    A sweet innocent girl grew up besides a peeping sim, they become super siblings despite no connection between them. the peeing sim moves out and then proceeds to look in through windows an hour later, enjoying watching his super sibling walking around in her smalls.

in someways i can understand what @GalacticGal is saying a few posts above. it does seem a bit... odd. more so if the peeping sim is caught by his super sibling and then he is invited in without losing any friendship score. okay, this is really getting creepy, i'm gonna stop.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    It's not based on interactions. Teens that live in the same household when they age up will get that relationship bit. You can avoid it by moving one of them out during the other teen ages up to adult. I've done that several times and it works like a charm.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I haven't played past the second generation in my main save as teens, so I've never seen this. Thank you to everyone for clarifying.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    tayllahtayllah Posts: 8 New Member
    my sim and her wife have this super sibling relationship and it makes me so uncomfy LMAO

i still have no clue why..? they met when they were both YA so they shouldn't have "triggered" anything prior.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    tayllah wrote: »
    my sim and her wife have this super sibling relationship and it makes me so uncomfy LMAO

i still have no clue why..? they met when they were both YA so they shouldn't have "triggered" anything prior.

Do you use mods?

Sounds like a bug to me. You could always try to send your save to the EA-bug-people.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited October 2019
    tayllah wrote: »

I have that, too! I mean, they grew up in the same household, so I kind of get it...but that was mostly for my own convenience of not switching between households not because I thought of them as having any kind of "sibling" relationship. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've had siblings grow up together from babies to adults, never being mean to each other, and I've never seen this at all.

On an unrelated note, my blood siblings flirted with some guys in the presence of each other, and now my blood siblings have a pink romance bar with each other! Ick!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I thought it was basically for sims who grew up together. It says, blood or not, so they must not have to be related. I've only seen it with step-siblings.

True. As long as a sim aged up from teen to YA in a household they will get a parenthood related relationship thingy with other sims in the household.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I had this come up with my sim and it was with her step son. She raised him as a dependent from when he was a toddler.

It's odd as heck. How about "Super Family".
  • Options
    Skittles13Skittles13 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been playing the sims games for years and while I was playing the new cottage living pack I noticed that my two sims had this in their relationship tab. They were both teens when I started playing because I really like starting a new sims play as a teenager and I moved in the mayor's son sense that's who I wanted my sim to have a relationship with and now I kinda feel weird having them be in a relationship when they have this super sibling relationship trait.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    As far as I know, that’s not supposed to happen unless a) they’re actually related (whether they’re in the same household or not) or b) they have the same Sim assigned as a caregiver. :/ I aged up several teens from the same household recently and none of them are Super Siblings, but I can’t remember if I separated them first. I did remove them as their caregiver’s dependents, though.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I first started to make 2 teens & 2 adult sims. Then I made the teens siblings & the adult siblings. I then made the female adult the teens Mother which made the male adult their Uncle. I temporary put them in live mode to make sure that the teens don't know each other that well. I resaved them in the Gallery as a back-up. Then I divided the household. Mother & Daughter live in one home whereas the Uncle & Nephew live in another home.
    These two family related households are based on Star Wars with a twist. The Mother is Padme' with her Daughter Leia, her Son Luke lives with his Uncle who's Obi-Wan. I made them a year ago.
    They are in the Gallery along with Naboo Palace & Tantee home. I also have my Star Wars Scoundrels as Cousins household with their home saved in the Gallery.
    What can I say, I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a little girl back in 1978. I even read all the Star Wars Novels up until 2010. ;)
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

"Super Siblings" is basically "Brother from another mother".
    Or "Sister from another mother". ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

I'm locking this thread to prevent continued necro-posting.

Please be mindful of the date when replying to a thread, and feel free to start a new topic if you're unable to find a more recent thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top