Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What names have you given your spell casters cats? Update on the name.

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
Just wanted to let everyone know I finally came up with a name for him. His name is Avery.

I'm trying to think of a magical name I can give a grey kitten. I must make a small confession this is not for a cat in the game, but a real kitten.

71697536_172036637283659_5419446865747771392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlmJR9WvbtYuZKzHi5wZkE30iVp_u6jTVRZjjzsurI_2yXBAUcrSBRPpieICVT8Zd3iZFvobPocW40c1c47ht-g&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=2ceddd75508600b68c782bae93a41e43&oe=5E2DD777

We ended up with this little guy when someone dumped him. I thought it would be fun to give him a magical name.
Post edited by LaBlue0314 on

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Nylah, Marie, Leo, Cersei, Raj, Apollo, Artemis, Cronus, Titan, Cerberus, are all my pets half of them belong or will belong to spell casters
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I pursued the correct option and had Mayor Whiskers as the cat and familiar, so naming was not an issue.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Sage, Jinx, Zephyr, Odin, Loki, Thor, Zeus, Aries, Hermes, Icarus, Pan, Samhain, Merlin, Dobby, Ambrose, Gandalf, Sirius, Orion, Gryphon, Morpheus, Abraxas, Bacchus...

...And oh my god, your kitten is SO. CUTE! I wish I could pet him! What a sweet face! <3
    #Team Occult
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    edited September 2019
    Gonna have to jump on the Sabrina bandwagon and say Salem.

I started watching the show before the semester started and was about half way through when realm of magic was released. I don't typically do much media influences in my game but I couldn't resist especially since its just a cat name and I REALLY liked the show........Greendale witches gotta represent.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    In game, I only have one cat familiar at the moment, who's named Cairo.

Out of game, that cutie looks like a Graymalkin to me.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2019
    So I named my own familiar cat for my simself after my IRL cat: Ariel.

The joke when I got him was multifold. 1: I was an English Major, so Shakespeare Name. 2: A hurricane had just hit. 3: I was down on my luck and felt isolated and alone.

So he was my Ariel to my Prospero. (Which: Ariel the air spirit that Prospero controlled via wizardry and magic during the events of The Tempest.)

Years later and the bugger is still alive and going strong, with people shocked that he is as old as he is since he acts and looks younger. You can actually see one rendition of him in my icon!

Also don’t name a cat Loki unless you want them to be like the god you named them after. I have never met a cat named Loki who wasn’t an hilarious holy terror.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

The joke when I got him was multifold. 1: I was an English Major, so Shakespeare Name. 2: A hurricane had just hit. 3: I was down on my luck and felt isolated and alone.

So he was my Ariel to my Prospero. (Which: Ariel the air spirit that Prospero controlled via wizardry and magic during the events of The Tempest.)

Years later and the bugger is still alive and going strong, with people shocked that he is as old as he is since he acts and looks younger. You can actually see one rendition of him in my icon!

Also don’t name a cat Loki unless you want them to be like the god you named them after. I have never met a cat named Loki who wasn’t an hilarious holy terror.

Too late, I already have a cat named Loki, also have a dog named Thor. lol
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Too late, I already have a cat named Loki, also have a dog named Thor. lol

I have a cat named Odin lol
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The kitten looks like a Poof. Or a Whispernack. Or an Arcadia Whiskerfloof. Or Tinglyspell. I enjoy giving cats really long names that I then shorten any which way. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Ab and Normal
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My witches cat is named Ruby... but she was an already named stray. Since your cute kitten looks like it's laughing in the picture I'd be picking a name based on that.
    Yup, I dub thee Stitches!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    What a cute kitty! I have several grey striped tabbies of my own, but none of them have names that would be considered magical. I don't have ROM, yet. When I do get it, one of my planned stories is to make an old kindly witch who will brew potions and learn practical magic. She'll have a white familiar cat named Zu'l in tribute to a character in the TV series Legend of The Seeker. The character was a Wizard named Zeddicus Zu'l Zoranda.

I doubt anyone has heard of the show, sadly it only ran for two seasons, but I loved it! I also might name a cat, Rahl after another character in that show, Darken Rahl. He was evil, so it'll probably have a black coat or darker themed in some way and give it to a mischief or untamed Spellcaster.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    What a cute kitty! I have several grey striped tabbies of my own, but none of them have names that would be considered magical. I don't have ROM, yet. When I do get it, one of my planned stories is to make an old kindly witch who will brew potions and learn practical magic. She'll have a white familiar cat named Zu'l in tribute to a character in the TV series Legend of The Seeker. The character was a Wizard named Zeddicus Zu'l Zoranda.

I doubt anyone has heard of the show, sadly it only ran for two seasons, but I loved it! I also might name a cat, Rahl after another character in that show, Darken Rahl. He was evil, so it'll probably have a black coat or darker themed in some way and give it to a mischief or untamed Spellcaster.

Omg, I own that show on DVD! I totally forgot about some of the cool names in there! I haven't watched it in a long time but now you have me itching to refresh it. Cara is probably my favorite character. :)
    #Team Occult
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    Aww what a cutie!!!! My cat is named Grisou, she’s my profile pic. Grisou’s a make name, which we thought she was. It’s because she’s mostly grey, “Gris” is grey in French. Not magical though.

I have a witch in the game with a grey cat named “Scamander”.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of a magical name I can give a grey kitten. I must make a small confession this is not for a cat in the game, but a real kitten.

71697536_172036637283659_5419446865747771392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlmJR9WvbtYuZKzHi5wZkE30iVp_u6jTVRZjjzsurI_2yXBAUcrSBRPpieICVT8Zd3iZFvobPocW40c1c47ht-g&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=2ceddd75508600b68c782bae93a41e43&oe=5E2DD777

We ended up with this little guy when someone dumped him. I thought it would be fun to give him a magical name.

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Bast (after the Goddess) I created one just for it
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    So sweet! My cats (in real life) are Seamus, Winona, Salem, and Batty. Created all of them in game too haha. I agree with a lot of the other names here, mythological names work great, or a beautiful name with magical meaning. Aleister, Bane, Rowan, Karma, Binx, Alexander, and Merlin are some of my favorites.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Mine are Arlo & Nightlight.. my child named them, big Disney & how to train your dragon fan :D
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    The one in-game is named Artemis, a female grey tabby much like the one in your picture lol
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• SneakyDigitsSneakyDigits Posts: 20 Member
    My in game cat is named Grimm 😄 Made him a familiar too 😊
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I named my in-game one 'Sage'. Made it kind of amusing when she immediately took to following Morgyn and Simeon around the Realm!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    Omg, I own that show on DVD! I totally forgot about some of the cool names in there! I haven't watched it in a long time but now you have me itching to refresh it. Cara is probably my favorite character. :)

Yay! Another Legend of The Seeker fan! Yes, I loved Cara the Mord Sith too, even when she was evil she was a very cool character. Zedd was my favorite though, so delightfully absentminded. But once he remembered how he was supposed to do something or got angry, look out! A very powerful Wizard. <3 I always hoped someone would pick up the show for a third season, but it never happened. *sigh*

Anyway, back on topic I really like some of the names mentioned above, in particular; Merlin, Odin, Orion and Zephyr. Some other suggestions might be; Nyx, Horus, Gwydion, Hex, Tarot, Circe, or just for fun, Shazam. ;)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited September 2019
    My simself has named her familiars after planets and other objects in the solar system. The cat is called Luna.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Aww he's so lovely, how can people be so cruel. I had a beautiful grey cat when I was little, his name was Smokey. :)
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I decided to do the opposite of magical with my spellcasters familiar and named her Coffee.