Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Emotional overload

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
18.png

This is a vampire sim. He got 'food mirage' curse at jungle. Usually, he drinks antidote for removing curses but I tried the emotion stability potion for removing this curse. I thought it will remove the bad moodlet. Of course, it worked with side effect. I was surprised to see every kind of emotion color on him. :D Anyway, he is back to normal 1 hour later. Unfortunately, decursify(not sure the spell is correct) spell and the potion didn't work.

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Wow. And I thought having Scruberoo backfire was bad. At least I could fix that in a shower!

I love seeing potion and spell fail states.
    edited September 2019
    And be careful what you wish for, Sindocat!

Earlier today, a poorly-placed incense burner started a fire in my Sims' sanctum, burned a rug, a drape, a planter, the yoga mat and a few other things. Both my Sims were in the room when it happened, but the sprinkler system came on before either could respond with an extinguisher (Acolyte) or Chillio (Master).

Both were left with that annoying 24 hour Tense debuff, so I had my senior sorcerer, Bhakti, brew a Potion of Emotional Stability. He had the ingredients, and mixes potions quickly and frugally. But on taking his sip from the Giant Punchbowl, he got EXACTLY that potion misfire. It is thankfully brief. I had him take a nap and sleep it off. The potion worked as intended for sorcerer's apprentice, Beej.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    And be careful what you wish for, Sindocat!

Earlier today, a poorly-placed incense burner started a fire in my Sims' sanctum, burned a rug, a drape, a planter, the yoga mat and a few other things. Both my Sims were in the room when it happened, but the sprinkler system came on before either could respond with an extinguisher (Acolyte) or Chillio (Master).

Both were left with that annoying 24 hour Tense debuff, so I had my senior sorcerer, Bhakti, brew a Potion of Emotional Stability. He had the ingredients, and mixes potions quickly and frugally. But on taking his sip from the Giant Punchbowl, he got EXACTLY that potion misfire. It is thankfully brief. I had him take a nap and sleep it off. The potion worked as intended for sorcerer's apprentice, Beej.

It's a bit sad there was no chance to try chillio spell. :D Maybe...the potion is not supposed to remove the bad moodlet? It may work more for changing sim's bad emotional status to a happy one. Just my guess.

edited September 2019
    Oh, it worked like a charm on the Acolyte. It actually cancelled ALL moods, including the day-long Tense from the fire, and reset him to a +2 Happy. But my Virtuoso's head nearly came off. :D "Taste the rainbow!"
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Oh, it worked like a charm on the Acolyte. It actually cancelled ALL moods, including the day-long Tense from the fire, and reset him to a +2 Happy. But my Virtuoso's head nearly came off. :D "Taste the rainbow!"

Rainbow taste LOL!! perfect expression for my sim! :D That's great. I can make 'excellent' quality of the mood stability potion next time. Then will see if it works better. :)
    My "apprentice" roomie/Sim (in my avatar image) is getting a LOT more spell failures than any of my other casters to date. Today he accidentally incinerated a Spotted Heart Frog, attempting to Copypasto it as a potion ingredient. Thankfully, I had had my Virtuoso make other copies, first. But Beej felt bad as he Scrubberooed the pathetic little heap of ash. :D