Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last book you've read?

Comments

• SavLynnSavLynn Posts: 14 New Member
    The Miseducation of Cameron Post!
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    It was a book on angels back in 2008. I'm not a fan of reading, lol!
  • pastelnarwhalpastelnarwhal Posts: 20 Member
    I recently read this really good book called [i]Eliza and Her Monsters[/i] and I was amazed by how well it captured the impact of the internet on our lives and how the reality of it drastically differs from the way adults see it and assume it’s malicious. One part that especially struck me was when a character explained that people see someone texting in a social setting and tell them that they’re being rude, but it wouldn’t be acceptable to go up to someone who is in a conversation irl and say the fact that they’re talking is rude. That explanation is kinda confusing but yea I really recommend the book
  • SneakyDigitsSneakyDigits Posts: 20 Member
    Everything's Eventual by Stephen King
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The False Prince.

It's super good, I highly recommend it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RheydnJadeNRheydnJadeN Posts: 17 Member
    Two by Two ~ by Nicholas Sparks
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I've been trying to get into Thrawn by Timothy Zahn but I can't sense it going anywhere so I'm about to give up.

The last book I really loved was A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers. Vol II of the Wayfarers trilogy - it follows Sidra, an AI installed into a cybernetic body or 'kit' has to come to terms with identity, relationships and feeling isolated just to her "body" and not the vast network of equipment and technology they're used to being a part of. I really didn't want it to end and I felt quite bereft at the end that I had to leave the characters behind.

51L6eLkiIDL.jpg

1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    Good Omens.

I have a large pile of books I should read cause I've bought them...

...but I've got a hankering to binge read The Mediator series by Meg Cabot! :lol: Think Buffy but instead of vamps, it's ghosts. And it's the author of The Princess Diaries and is such gorgeous fluff that it makes you feel good even if it's aimed at teens.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
    Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart - a bit dated now (written in the late Fifties) but still a beautifully written little romantic thriller.
  • Miriam_SimsMiriam_Sims Posts: 129 Member
    Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
  • Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

I've been thinking of reading that one! It's on my never-ending list. Should I bump it up? :lol:
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
  • Miriam_SimsMiriam_Sims Posts: 129 Member
    > @Maus652 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I've been thinking of reading that one! It's on my never-ending list. Should I bump it up? :lol:

Once you pull through the first 50 pages it's really good! :)
  • justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I am currently reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I wanted to download a free book onto my phone for my breaks at work and, considering the season, that was the first likely candidate that popped into my head.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • mycomics007mycomics007 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am the last book read is manga book and I like to read solo leveling manga.
    Source: https://mangazuki.me/manga/solo-leveling-manga-Jang
  • adnanbitatadnanbitat Posts: 1 New Member
    The Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross with mobile reading book app on apknite.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    "A million drops" by Victor del Arbol. Beautiful tale of bitterness and revenge spanning decades.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • edgymoonbeamedgymoonbeam Posts: 16 New Member
    "I am the Messanger"- Markus Zusak
    Magician by Raymond Feist
  • minimimumminimimum Posts: 26 Member
    Last book I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That was almost 10 years ago. I listen to audiobooks nowadays, it's a lot easier for me to listen.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm currently rereading an astronomy book, before that I reread Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Hunger Games.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Just put down some random vampire-fiction novel after the first few pages, because it was like a badly written play in which the actors need to declare everything going on, or the audience won't follow it. Before that, I was reading "The Math Instinct" by Keith Devlin.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • LimpNoodleLimbsLimpNoodleLimbs Posts: 15 New Member
    The last book I read and finished was for words by Stephanie Butland. It was good and I was surprised how quickly i went through it.
    I use to be able to digest one book a day but since my BA in English and Theatre it kind of killed my love for reading to be honest. I'm sad and miss how it made me feel.
    I'm passively reading Anne of Green Gables right now, I'm having a Anne binge between waiting for Anne with an E s3 to come out and fanfiction isn't cutting it.