Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Someone said that random people can become spell casters.

Someone said that random people can become spell casters. Does that mean people that live in others towns can become spell casters? Or is it just new people that you might encounter in the Magic realm?

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Playable sims from other households are 'mages' even if they do not have lifestate in magic realm which is rather blatant suspension of disbelief inducing
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This only happens when your sim is in the Magic Realm, and you see other sims there. Those sims will be turned into spell casters.
  • EricTheLoonEricTheLoon Posts: 20 Member
    This is the only part if this pack I do not like. They should have made it so only residents of Glimmerbrook would be turned into spell casters.

Some of these townies don’t belong there.
    Sul Sul!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What I wished EA would do regarding this would be to have some kind of options menu to where we can decide on who would be okay for the player to allow to be a spell caster. By having a little box or something that we can click to allow certain households to be spell casters.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    This is the only part if this pack I do not like. They should have made it so only residents of Glimmerbrook would be turned into spell casters.

this game as enough restrictions without Moore being added :#
    magic should be part of other worlds to,any sim should be able to turn into a witch/wizard
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

this game as enough restrictions without Moore being added :#
    magic should be part of other worlds to,any sim should be able to turn into a witch/wizard

Any sim is able to become a spellcaster (except aliens of course because they can't 'cure' their alien nature). But it would be better if we could choose who becomes one. Now the game just turns sims from unplayed households. And while I don't necessarily play my sims neighbours, I don't want them to be spellcasters without me knowing.

When it comes to magic in other worlds, I agree. I was really hoping we would get a lot trait to allow visitors and npc's to do spontaneous magic. I would like to have more than just one magical place in my game.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I logged on one of my sims that is not placed in a house lot yet to have him test a build for me. Apparently while I've been neglecting him, he's hopped off to the Magic Realm and got himself started on spellcasting. I'm not upset about this at all, I actually like it seeming like my sims have their own ideas on what to do with their life. It's easy to despellcaster if you want to. Is that a word?
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    For a rotational player like me this is a worst case spellcaster scenario :confounded: .
    This is the first time ever I decided to install a mod (by Bienchen). Now only unplayed, unhoused Sims are turned into spellcasters.

Seriously, who thought turning housed sims into spellcasters would be a good idea? I read that only Sims my Sims don't know are turned into spellcasters, but with relationship culling and me as a rotational player, this is not helping at all. :(

However, Lilith Pleasant is now a witch. I can live with that and won't change it. ;)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I thought that only unplayed or unfavorited sims would be used to fill out the spellcaster group.

If you don't want a sim to be a spellcaster, can't you play them and go to the HQ and ask to dewitchified?
    Lilith Pleasant was in a favorited household, but she became a witch anyway. I don't think favoring the household might help.

Of course you can play the sims and ask a sage for the Rite of Dissolution, but that's really annoying. To do so, you have to play several households and every time you enter the Magic Realm someone new might be turned into a spellcaster. Seems like a vicious circle to me, but I think it could be a fun challenge for someone who is up to it. ;)

Here are some links adressing this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Townies-in-the-Magic-Realm/m-p/8190436#M15917

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Played-Faved-households-becoming-spellcasters-on/m-p/8233049#M105861

Happy simming! :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I do not know what is different about my settings, but I have seen zero premades from my other towns, and zero I-mades from other towns, pulled in to be Spellcasters. The casters in my game are the Glimmerbrook Sims, new premades of the Realm, and playable Sims I take there individually and introduce to magic through the Sages. Then again, I control all aging in my game (aging is off), and do not allow my game to fill empty houses. The absence of witched-up townies may be due to that.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There are certain sims that I created that I don't want to be spellcasters. I haven't yet, but I plan to play those sims (assuming that they will still be SC's when I select their lot) and take them to the Realm and to get spellcastrated. >:)
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I do not know what is different about my settings, but I have seen zero premades from my other towns, and zero I-mades from other towns, pulled in to be Spellcasters. The casters in my game are the Glimmerbrook Sims, new premades of the Realm, and playable Sims I take there individually and introduce to magic through the Sages. Then again, I control all aging in my game (aging is off), and do not allow my game to fill empty houses. The absence of witched-up townies may be due to that.

I have the same settings: Aging is off (only the household I am currently playing is aging) and empty lots are not allowed to be filled with sims.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There are certain sims that I created that I don't want to be spellcasters. I haven't yet, but I plan to play those sims (assuming that they will still be SC's when I select their lot) and take them to the Realm and to get spellcastrated. >:)

:D

• BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I've seen the information that if you create about 12 spellcasters and place them somewhere in your world, they will take all the spellcaster's slots in the magic realm and no random people will be turned to spellcasters. It must be done before you visit the magic realm for the first time.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    I've seen the information that if you create about 12 spellcasters and place them somewhere in your world, they will take all the spellcaster's slots in the magic realm and no random people will be turned to spellcasters. It must be done before you visit the magic realm for the first time.

My testing recommends more like 16+. They don't have to be in houses, but they should be in individual households in household management. Also in the "other households" rather than "my households" to have a better chance of being pulled over premades.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

My testing recommends more like 16+. They don't have to be in houses, but they should be in individual households in household management. Also in the "other households" rather than "my households" to have a better chance of being pulled over premades.

Good to know, I've got 14ish of my own spellcasters so far in my main save and I was thinking about deleting some of the randoms. Thank you.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Good to know, I've got 14ish of my own spellcasters so far in my main save and I was thinking about deleting some of the randoms. Thank you.

Oh, and the longer you plan to spend in the magic realm in one stretch, the more you'll need, because the game cycles them out. There's usually around 8-10 spellcasters in the realm, including the sages, but I've seen both higher and lower populations.