Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5.. What would we like to be different about it.

2...Next

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    This thought crossed my mind.

How about a reversed Sim City?
    Living out your sims various lives contributes to the advancement of your towns.
    Your scientist sims can make discoveries that lead to new technologies and products available to your world.
    Or bad decisions and failed experiments can negatively impact your world.

Each career contributes something that adds to the world over generations.
    Buildings, monuments, urban planning, new towns, etc.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Living out your sims various lives contributes to the advancement of your towns.
    Your scientist sims can make discoveries that lead to new technologies and products available to your world.

Aaaah, I love this. And you can choose in a new save how much is "unlocked". So if you want to start with everything up to an approximation of the present (or future), you can, but if you want to need to unlock everything, your save could basically start in a pre-industrial era and you have to discover and invent and research and develop your way into a modern future. So it's like Sim City or Civilization, but on a more individual role-play level. You just play your own sims, but their choices and discoveries can unlock new items and radically alter the world.

That might be overly ambitious for what is already an ambitious game, but I would pay out the nose for it if they could pull it off.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    Playing Sims 4 today another thing I dislike is the world. It's just so artificial and very cluttered. It looks great in pictures but all the stuff like extra houses, cars driving etc... are just fake. Sims 3 world was emptier in comparison but I prefer that knowing that all the houses were real.
  • BlueGentryBlueGentry Posts: 13 New Member
    Weirdness and memories. As for humor, perhaps the possibility of inside jokes with friends or family.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I want toggles/switches in the Options menu to turn on/off everything in the game. I want toggles for occults, animals, you name it, I want toggles. Also, some sort of age sliders. As it is now Short lifespan is too short, medium is too, Long is too long for some stages. I guess that would fit into the toggle category though. I just want toggles, that's all. I'm a simple girl. :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Yes. I like this, it is very similar to what I was thinking about recently.
    Consequences for decisions made need to impact the game as a whole.

This could almost take the game back to it's roots in a way.
    It could begin with an idyllic 1950's world, all pastel houses and picket fences. The couple that argues in public too much causes rumours to stir. How well your child does in school will impact what jobs are available to them. Chosen career paths could give access to different technologies, and the results of chance cards could take that further. Decisions based on money could have long term outcomes.
    eg, a cheaply built house would be harder to keep warm in winter, and harder to keep cool in summer, causing it to cost more long term. A cheap fridge might have weak seals, and will cost more to run once they break. Cheap, low quality meals might give your sims an uneasy feeling, or cause an upset stomach. They might cause your sims to gain weight faster than if they grew more of their own food. Gardening should also count as exercise. And exercise should be divided into types, and each type having a different outcome.
    Sims in the sports career should be fitter, but more prone to injury, causing more down time from work, and missing opportunities to progress in their career.
    Careers should be harder to reach the top of.

And all of this should come with toggles, difficulty settings, and the ability to turn chance cards off. You should also be able to set things per family. Give one family an easier time than another.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif