Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Sundae: A very berry legacy! (Updates sporadically)

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hot and fresh update for you today! Update is up super late because I didn't write it until a few minutes ago I wanted to give you the best reading experience and sometimes it takes a while to craft such masterful works. Seriously though, it's a sugary update. Just cuteness. Enjoy!

These are my favorite kind of updates to write. Just cute stuff and banter.
    Pleasant informal greetings. Today’s update features some interesting developments, good food, and a few startling declarations.

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    The whole game is not too good for legacy playing imo. The premade offspring is too ugly to actually use and the new townies are always so weird :D But it got better compare to ts3 where all the townies looked alike after a while.

Oh my gosh, why did that townie attack her :o What's wrong with some townies? And Orion taking out his phone? He needs to be the one being kicked... :#

Ohoh, do I sense some trouble between Aiden and Orion?
    @Queenarella Lol. I never marry into townie families. I always end up just creating the spouses in CAS. (Sometimes I create a few different candidates and whoever my sims bumps into clicks with gets picked) Cause all the townies have weird looking kids.

I hate how obsessed all sims are with their phones! (As I’m typing this on my phone)

Aiden is just a total dad. He’s not happy to think that his baby girl is growing up.
    @Queenarella Lol. I never marry into townie families. I always end up just creating the spouses in CAS. (Sometimes I create a few different candidates and whoever my sims bumps into clicks with gets picked) Cause all the townies have weird looking kids.

I hate how obsessed all sims are with their phones! (As I’m typing this on my phone)

Aiden is just a total dad. He’s not happy to think that his baby girl is growing up.

I prefer making my own spouses as well but there are some challenges which include the rule that you're not allowed to use CAS sims as spouses :/ The BOTU for example would be way too easy otherwise :D

I hate that the phone in the game is constantly ringing. I put it on silent now but the calls still get through -.-

For some reason I have a different picture of Aiden in my head :D He's a bit dorky and without Anita everything would go crazy. I don't know why that image is there xD
    @Queenarella It’d be over like instantly. Bam. Marry hot guy. Get lucky. Kid looks just like him.

I never remember to turn the phone off. So I’m always like stop calling weirdos. My sim has a life!

Oh that’s pretty accurate. Aiden is a dork and Anita keeps him in line. All he would do is play video games, dance, and flirt with random girls if it wasn’t for her (and me).

Speaking of dancing... I really need to add in a mod for them to stop autonomously dancing like All The Time. It’s annoying. It’s literally all my Sims do.

Oh and they also spend way too much time drinking the cocktails from the globe bar from vintage living. Drunks
    Today’s very late chapter: The black and white bash! Featuring cocktails from the vintage living globe bar!

That's why there's this rule ^^

I hate the phone in the game so much. it's always buzzing, always some weirdo asking to hang out. It won't stop when you turn it off tho...

Does he have the Romantic trait?

That's true, sims seem to only dance when a stereo is near. Even toddlers and kids. That does not make sense :D

That's why I never use the globe even tho it looks epic!

And of course Orion has to take his phone out again. :D

Imagine a real party and there's a person sitting there and reading a book. If it was my party I think I would not like it at all :D

Do you have this too that it's always weird when the sims you've played for a long time suddenly are old enough to be grandparents?
    We finally meet Orion’s parents...

That's why there's this rule ^^

I hate the phone in the game so much. it's always buzzing, always some weirdo asking to hang out. It won't stop when you turn it off tho...

Does he have the Romantic trait?

That's true, sims seem to only dance when a stereo is near. Even toddlers and kids. That does not make sense :D

That's why I never use the globe even tho it looks epic!

And of course Orion has to take his phone out again. :D

Imagine a real party and there's a person sitting there and reading a book. If it was my party I think I would not like it at all :D

Do you have this too that it's always weird when the sims you've played for a long time suddenly are old enough to be grandparents?

@Queenarella I'm so tired of the hang outs. Especially when it's like nah man, I got kids that need to learn how to poop in a pot(ty).

Aiden doesn't have the romantic trait. He's just surprisingly flirty. He's a Goofball, Geek, and Noncommital.

I think I'd have some words if someone breaks out their copy of Harry Potter when I'm throwing an elegant party.

It's so weird! It's like... I was just watching you barely flirt with a person, now you have adult kids and they have kids... what is this?!

It always makes me so sad cause it means that my sims are moving closer to passing on. Cause usually that means they're about to be elders.

I don't play my sims usually once they get to elder. It's just weird for some reason. Like ya old... what.
    edited September 2019
    So this generation is a pink generation which happens to be the build lower cost homes for the town. This actually corresponded with the second generation's goal from the Build Newcrest challenge. That was a complete coincidence btw. I decide the color of potential spouses by using a random color generator.

Anyways... this means I have been working on the builds for what will be Ashlynn's neighborhood. They are all Tudor style homes. Here's some sneak previews of the homes.
    Coriander Cottage:
    890911b3ecfc907d3d0a5265a6f3bd9688238729.png
    Sage Sanctum:
    827ec80dfa4f736468c46f9355af05bc78a56770.png
    Essence of Thyme:
    a54e89a151d1224b3a22f7c77038e1a337927f50.jpg

Each one is named after an herb.

Coriander Cottage, Sage Sanctum, and Essence of Thyme.

There's one more, but I forgot to take a picture of it. The Basil Brickside. Which is a shame, cause it's a weird adorable place.

All four of them are available on my gallery, under the ID: TheYayToast

Essence of Thyme is a work in progress. The shell of the house is finished, but it's completely unfurnished... well except for a random dining room table so I could gauge how big the dining room had to be and the fireplace.

Click here for more pictures of them from my Tumblr and their Gallery Links:
    Coriander Cottage ||Gallery Link
    Sage Sanctum ||Gallery Link
    Essence of Sage ||Gallery Link
    Basil Brickside ||Gallery Link
    Oh no! I hate the parents so so much!!! :(

I hope Alden doesn't make his warning true...

The houses are great! My favorite is Sage Sanctum. It looks super cozy :)
    edited September 2019

OMG... I can't believe I didn't notice that their Dad's have almost identical names. -.-" I got the name Alden from the random roller and I was like: That sounds like a fancy business man. However... I failed to realize it's only one letter different than the name Aiden. I only realized it this morning when reading your message half asleep and wondering for a second what warning Aiden had made.

giphy.gif

OMG... I can't believe I didn't notice that their Dad's have almost identical names. -.-" I got the name Alden from the random roller and I was like: That sounds like a fancy business man. However... I failed to realize it's only one letter different than the name Aiden. I only realized it this morning when reading your message half asleep and wondering for a second what warning Aiden had made.

giphy.gif

Seriously? :sweat_smile: I misread his name at first and had to check again. But I know your struggle. Remember Timmy aka Tommy? :joy:

giphy.gif

Seriously? :sweat_smile: I misread his name at first and had to check again. But I know your struggle. Remember Timmy aka Tommy? :joy:

Haha yeah. Well... to give me credit... Aiden has a different name in game. So the names aren't a letter difference in game so it was easier to overlook it.

Haha yeah. Well... to give me credit... Aiden has a different name in game. So the names aren't a letter difference in game so it was easier to overlook it.

Oh, what's Aiden's name in game?

Zayne. ^.^" He is actually a sim version of one of my secondary characters from a novel series I'm working on. Crime series. Thieves with psychic powers.

Zayne. ^.^" He is actually a sim version of one of my secondary characters from a novel series I'm working on. Crime series. Thieves with psychic powers.

What's not a bad name. Why did you rename him for the story? :sweat_smile:

You're writing a novel? :o That si sooo cool!

It’s a different story and setting, so I thought he needed a different name.

This will be my second novel, but first in this genre. I have two short stories done in the psychic thief setting. The novel... well, it’s coming along? Sorta. Haha.
    Rainbow Sundae 2.18

This will be my second novel, but first in this genre. I have two short stories done in the psychic thief setting. The novel... well, it’s coming along? Sorta. Haha.

You've completed novel and 2 short stories? :o That's a amazing!

Oh! Pepper is the daughter of your simself! How cool is that :D

Oh no, the stand-on-bed bug is back? -.-

You've completed novel and 2 short stories? :o That's a amazing!

Oh! Pepper is the daughter of your simself! How cool is that :D

Oh no, the stand-on-bed bug is back? -.-

Haha, thanks! Uh, I’ll share them one of these days. When I’m not lazy and actually put them somewhere online. Hahaha.

Pepper made me laugh so hard cause that’s the random name she was generated with. My Simself is named Ash Toast in this save, so she was Pepper Toast. My Simself had a second kid she named Ashlyn. Copy cat... one N doesn’t make it a new name!

I dunno, that was the only time it happened. That save might have been toast. I moved them over to a new save after that when I got a mod to fix the whole too many townies suddenly being spellcasters problem.
    I posted tomorrow’s update today, cause ya know... why not. I don’t know if that now makes it today’s update? 🤷‍♀️

Trigger warning: suicide
    Though no one is actually trying to commit suicide, but ya know. Warning.

Also, I actually uploaded pictures of my build: Basil Brickside.

001d06ccf412bacb7514a23143136b780d098ae5.png

More pictures:
    ea791c4b8324c9d22f3cded0b6744819c889e38b.png
    ed4019b7f49687f90983a34fe6b5509e7e1a0a38.png
    82438301a462490dc93a349e9373b8a1ba98f745.png

See more on my Tumblr!
    Download it from the Gallery.
    I'm excited to read it :)

Bahaha! Pepper Toast :D In Modern Family, there's this character called Pepper Saltsman :joy: Always makes me crack up.

Oh there are too many spellcasters now? Once again, I'm blind to a problem in the game :sweat_smile:
    That chapter is so sad :( I hope they'll find a way to hold each other again...

The house looks really great :)