Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcaster Mermaid help?

So, off the bat; I know it can't naturally happen. But I really want to make my mermaid triplets spellcasters without having to remove their mermaidic nature. Is there any mod/glitch/workaround that I can do?
So many sorcerers ~

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If a hybrid does occur in Sims 4, it will be extremely glitchy. It was the same in Sims 3 until mods were added to make them work as they should. I'm sure the same will be for this game, but at the moment I don't know of any mods that will allow for a hybrid.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    You can try manually adding the trait via cheats once they're teenagers, but I don't know how the two are going to interact. As mermaids don't have a perks panel, and witches don't have a second form, I'd think the glitches might be less than some other hybrids, but don't take my word on that.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    One of the npcs in my game was born a mer-caster. His mermaid form was uneditable in CAS. Other than that he worked normally with mermaid and caster abilities and access to the caster panel and spellbook.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    When i tried too keep my mermaid occult on my sim could not see the tail
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The only thing is, I saw a simmer make a mer-caster and their mermaid form was glitched. And then when they went back on land, their humanoid form was glitched as well.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I turned morgyn into a vampire-mermaid-spellcaster yesterday. It was all fine till I added mermaids in it. When he went in water, his bottom part was invisible, and when he got out of water, his normal form was randomised. You won't be able to customise the dark form and mermaid form in cas. Also, he had the spellbook panel, but no vampire powers panel. I had to cheat to add vampire powers to him since I couldn't access the vampire panel.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    StarUniversalStarUniversal Posts: 2 New Member
    I actually HAVE a mermaid spellcaster hybrid and all I can say is what the heck!!