Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Not sure if anyone has tried this or not but I did a little experiment using the vaults that came with Get Famous and I discovered that you can use them to leave a monetary inheritance for someone.

I placed down a "bank" in my game. Using the vaults I had one sim visit the "bank" and leave money in the vault. I then switched to a new household and had a sim from that household visit the "bank" and he was able to access the vault (somewhat, he had to steal the money) and the money was added to his household funds.

I mean for right now it's a workaround for leaving inheritance money for storyline/gameplay.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has tried this or not but I did a little experiment using the vaults that came with Get Famous and I discovered that you can use them to leave a monetary inheritance for someone.

I placed down a "bank" in my game. Using the vaults I had one sim visit the "bank" and leave money in the vault. I then switched to a new household and had a sim from that household visit the "bank" and he was able to access the vault (somewhat, he had to steal the money) and the money was added to his household funds.

I mean for right now it's a workaround for leaving inheritance money for storyline/gameplay.

Thank you @aprilrose I had no idea you could store money, I haven't played at all with GF yet! Very handy!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    You can put brooms and wands in a chest with other collectibles, and potions in the fridge if you don't have room to display them
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    If your Sims move, they get a choice of selling all their furnishings or having them all brought with them in their household inventory, which is a huge pain when they move out of an apartment in San Myshuno, because then the apartment is bare and you have to take the time to re-furnish it for the next household. Same with houses, of course. To get around this, I try to remember never to have a household move out, but to use the Evict function instead, because it leaves everything there and JUST moves the Sims. Had to spend forever redoing an apartment (17 Culpepper House to be exact) and was so annoyed at having to take the time when I wasn't in a building mood, that I went ahead and did it up really nicely, carefully keeping only basegame and City Living items in it, so in case I ever mess up and let someone move instead of being evicted and wind up with it bare again, I saved it as a room (removed a wall panel from the bathroom and bedroom, and boom, it's a "room") on the gallery. But yes, use Evict if you don't want to have to go through the building/furnishing process every time!

If you choose "Sell Furnishings," the items stay on the lot from which you are moving away, and you get the money. Just put everything that you want to keep in the Household Inventory before moving and selling the rest. If you chose to Evict the Household, I don't believe the household gets any money from the lot furnishings, which I usually need.

If you have made changes to the lot where you lived, and want the lot to be exactly as it was in a new game, before being lived in, just go to the Main Menu and start a New Save. Go to the lot, save it to your Library. Go back into the Save you were playing when you moved, load the changed lot, bulldoze it, and replace it with the one from your Library.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    1Phoenix8 wrote: »
    I saw a shiny townie teen today. Is it weird or common behaviour.

And some one help me post the picture of him.

Do you mean like this?

08-29-19_11-34-35-am.png?w=1024

I have this in my game and it's weird. I'm not a fan of the scout thing so it's not that bad for me. It's just funny to see them walking around like this.

do you know how to fix this? its very annoying when i see a npc sim walking around with this all shiny
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @adamzaid It’s still in my game but I’m not bothered. I didn’t report it as a bug because I wasn’t sure if it’s from the game or my cc/mods.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2019
    adamzaid wrote: »

Do you mean like this?

I have this in my game and it's weird. I'm not a fan of the scout thing so it's not that bad for me. It's just funny to see them walking around like this.

do you know how to fix this? its very annoying when i see a npc sim walking around with this all shiny

Sorry, I thought someone posted a fix a couple of ages back, apparently it is a bug, but you can fix by lowering your graphics settings slightly on your sims. ie: if it is "high" set it to "med"

and yes, it happens to me as well :( It is a bug with the scout uniform only, I believe
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    @adamzaid It’s still in my game but I’m not bothered. I didn’t report it as a bug because I wasn’t sure if it’s from the game or my cc/mods.

i dont use cc in my game although i do have some mods. when i go into cas with the outfit its not shining but ingame it is so im guessing its a bug
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    It is not because of mods or cc. I play on console and it happens to me as well. We don't get mods or cc on consoles.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I have a couple of children's dresses that do this also. Thought it was my cc from a certain creator whom Ive used alot and love her stuff
  • 1Phoenix81Phoenix8 Posts: 9 New Member
    What @Dglbr1969 is correct. It does have something to do with the Sims graphic settings.
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    I thought this was due to a cc hair, because when I'm in CAS, i see a cc hair which is glossed over in the same chequered pattern. But I can't find this hair anywhere my mods folder, and it's impossible to tell what hair is under that scout's hat. I guess I'll try lowering the graphics and see.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    In CAS, child spellcasters move around like the older spellcasters and my family's familiar cat even made a comment to them. While they won't have full powers until they reach their teens, it is nice they are acknowledged in some way (she has the weak bloodline trait as both her parents mastered spell casting).
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    edited September 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    In CAS, child spellcasters move around like the older spellcasters and my family's familiar cat even made a comment to them. While they won't have full powers until they reach their teens, it is nice they are acknowledged in some way (she has the weak bloodline trait as both her parents mastered spell casting).

Off-topic, but be wary of the bloodline traits when your child Sim becomes a teenager. It can break the talents/perks. Once you hit max rank, you can no longer open the talent tree and, depending on your luck, you may de-level and lose the 3 ultimate spells.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »

Do you mean like this?

I've only seen this in my game on the tiles in manage worlds, never walking around town. I wondered what that was all about too. Strange.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I figured sims can’t use a dishwasher if there’s a cabinet above it, which makes no sense, but it’s what was happening in my game. The smallest cabinet works though.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Sims in the scientist career can accuse others of being an alien under the mean category. When accusing an actual alien that alien will remove their disguise.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I experienced an event called "The Town is Here for You." After a sim in my household died, my Sulani neighbors came over to comfort the family.

Oh wow, that's pretty nice. The residents of Sulani are just so kind. :tired_face:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Nooboo_GirlNooboo_Girl Posts: 15 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Didn't realize teens could sabotage the grand meal with harvest fest. Mary-sue pretty much already made a poor quality meal so what was it gonna hurt? Lilith thinking anyway. Decided to experiment with stomach meds. :p
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Soon as she took a bite or two her bladder immediately began to tank and she desperately tried to run off to the bathroom, but didn't make it. :# I then noticed with the buff still being active her bladder was tanking quickly AGAIN and she used the bathroom on herself after just taking a shower. I couldn't quit laughing that's awful.
    > (Image)

LMAO! OMG this is AWESOME! I am SO doing this! I have two teens, one is good and the other is evil ...hehehehe
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Didn't realize teens could sabotage the grand meal with harvest fest. Mary-sue pretty much already made a poor quality meal so what was it gonna hurt? Lilith thinking anyway. Decided to experiment with stomach meds. :p
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Soon as she took a bite or two her bladder immediately began to tank and she desperately tried to run off to the bathroom, but didn't make it. :# I then noticed with the buff still being active her bladder was tanking quickly AGAIN and she used the bathroom on herself after just taking a shower. I couldn't quit laughing that's awful.
    > (Image)

LMAO! OMG this is AWESOME! I am SO doing this! I have two teens, one is good and the other is evil ...hehehehe

:D Me too!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    In the main town in Sulani , if you let your sim get hungry your neighbours will come over and bring food.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • LolaaziraLolaazira Posts: 1 New Member
    I did not now my sims could come home from school and be dating a sim suddenly :o ..I have this teen sim who just got back from school with a happy moodlet saying she has a new relationship. When i check on her relationship bar i see she is dating another teen sim.

(Given i did intend for her to date the said sim, she had romantic bar already, but i didn't not yet make them kiss or make the relationship official). Has anyone have this happen to your sims too? Can sims form relationships on their own?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top