Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire/Spellcaster child?

AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
I had my Spell Caster sim ,Angel, give birth to fraternal twins, as the story would in him being a single parent to twins, one Vampire and the other spell caster. And the trouble he goes trough to raise two different occult. So I he had him Woohoo with Caleb and with MCCC i cheated the pregnancy, gave birth and in that same day had him woohoo with the ember guy. Well the youngest Nathaniel, Nate, was born a spell caster. Got the book and the occult in CAS.

Cale on the other hand, Caleb's son, is something i cant figure out. I thought they would either be Spell caster or Vampire, like Alien/Vampire relations will led to the baby either a alien or Vampire. When he was born a little purple bat appeared over him, so figure vampire. When I aged him into a toddler, he looks like a vampire, only thing he has a spell book icon, and in CAS is neither labeled Spell caster or Vampire. So i figured he came out human, so I was going to fix that with MCC. Yet when i go to fix it in MCC pops up humanize sim only.

I guess I am going to have to wait till he is a teen to figure out, and just tweaked the story. But I'm confused as hybrids don't really exist in the sims 4.

My sim angel
rvQ4uNn.png

Caleb son
vzxZbm2.png

Embers guy son (forgot his name)
lS5CPxy.png

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hybrids aren’t meant to occur in TS4 but, well, they do! Numerous people have reported vampire-mermaid children being born after a vampire and a mermaid got it on. Vampire-alien hybrids often happen as a result of vampires being abducted by aliens and mermaid-alien hybrids happen when a mermaid gets abducted. So it stands to reason that vampire-spellcaster hybrids are turned up by the game every now and then too.

Hybrids can be great fun, but it’s annoying that they are glitchy. If you didn’t code the game to be able to deal with non-glitchy hybrids, why make it possible for them to be born without cheats in the course of normal gameplay? The mind boggles.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I had my Spell Caster sim ,Angel, give birth to fraternal twins, as the story would in him being a single parent to twins, one Vampire and the other spell caster. And the trouble he goes trough to raise two different occult. So I he had him Woohoo with Caleb and with MCCC i cheated the pregnancy, gave birth and in that same day had him woohoo with the ember guy. Well the youngest Nathaniel, Nate, was born a spell caster. Got the book and the occult in CAS.

Cale on the other hand, Caleb's son, is something i cant figure out. I thought they would either be Spell caster or Vampire, like Alien/Vampire relations will led to the baby either a alien or Vampire. When he was born a little purple bat appeared over him, so figure vampire. When I aged him into a toddler, he looks like a vampire, only thing he has a spell book icon, and in CAS is neither labeled Spell caster or Vampire. So i figured he came out human, so I was going to fix that with MCC. Yet when i go to fix it in MCC pops up humanize sim only.

I guess I am going to have to wait till he is a teen to figure out, and just tweaked the story. But I'm confused as hybrids don't really exist in the sims 4.

My sim angel
    rvQ4uNn.png

Caleb son
    vzxZbm2.png

Embers guy son (forgot his name)
    lS5CPxy.png

Tell us what happens when they become teens please :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Uku_SerinUku_Serin Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay so, similar thing happened to me except with all my kids. Practically got a Vampire and all powerful Spellcaster to do it with each other and it ended up happening.

When one became a Teen, they ended up having the needs of a vampire yet the perks/upgrade list of a Spellcaster. They could still use the basic Vampire powers such as emotion influence and Dark Meditation and they could even be trained by a vampire yet there's no way to actually upgrade their powers as a vampire.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm so jealous. My poor vamp/sorc couple are sick of having kids no doubt but they keep all being casters instead of the hybrid I'm after.
  • Uku_SerinUku_Serin Posts: 2 New Member
    I mean, I have a Master Spellcaster and Master Vampire so maybe that'll make a difference? Plus I have the Dark Lay Line perk on the lot. One of the major downsides however is the fact that since the Vampire perks can't be upgraded, the teen keeps burning in the sunlight >~<;;
    Uku_Serin wrote: »
    I mean, I have a Master Spellcaster and Master Vampire so maybe that'll make a difference? Plus I have the Dark Lay Line perk on the lot. One of the major downsides however is the fact that since the Vampire perks can't be upgraded, the teen keeps burning in the sunlight >~<;;

https://sims-online.com/sims-4-vampires-cheats-powers-skills/ Tells you how to add powers without being able to access the vampire trait screen. I usually add weaker ones to a hybrid to reflect them not being full power.
  • toxxictoxxic Posts: 11 New Member
    They should really just add the option to have hybrids in game.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    There are no hybrids. They will either be a spellcaster or vampire, but may take on physical features from the other parent. It's honestly better that way though. Hybrids would have too many bugs and be a messy lifestate
    mika wrote: »
    There are no hybrids. They will either be a spellcaster or vampire, but may take on physical features from the other parent. It's honestly better that way though. Hybrids would have too many bugs and be a messy lifestate
    @mika there aren’t mean to be hybrids but they can and do occur in the game. By the sounds of it, the OP’s sim is both a spellcaster and a hybrid. You are correct though, hybrids are buggy. For example, with vampire-spellcaster hybrids the vampire perk tree cannot be accessed since it is in conflict with the spellcaster perk tree.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    My spellcastor and Caleb just had a baby girl, I’m pretty sure she is a hybrid as well.. She has the spellbook icon and the vampire ears. She’s still a toddler so I’m not completely sure what she’ll end up as. Other than not being able to access the vampire perks, are there any other issues occurring with these Sims?
    edited September 2019
    See my earlier post in this thread linking to a page showing how to assign perks to vampire hybrids. There's often issues trying to edit the dark form in CAS too.

Meanwhile 15 babies in, my saves turning into a 100 baby challenge trying to get a hybrid lol.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    There's a hybrid glitch, and it's super buggy. This is probably what's happening. Humanize the child, then make them whatever species it is you wanted them to be.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    See my earlier post in this thread linking to a page showing how to assign perks to vampire hybrids. There's often issues trying to edit the dark form in CAS too.

Meanwhile 15 babies in, my saves turning into a 100 baby challenge trying to get a hybrid lol.
    Thanks.. I don’t mind cheating the perks, it’s the CAS issues I’m worried about.. sigh, I just wanted my spellcastor to raise a vampire baby.. kind of ironic given your attempts :p
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Thanks.. I don’t mind cheating the perks, it’s the CAS issues I’m worried about.. sigh, I just wanted my spellcastor to raise a vampire baby.. kind of ironic given your attempts :p

I haven't had an issue with the cas since linking forms became a thing, just edit the normal form and the dark form will be the same. I don't mind them both being the same.
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

I haven't had an issue with the cas since linking forms became a thing, just edit the normal form and the dark form will be the same. I don't mind them both being the same.

I just tried making vampire spellcaster hybrids on adults using cheats. It works out great considering its not really intended. If you want to edit the dark form and assign perks the normal way though you have to remove spellcaster trait using cheats. Though once you have everything set on your vampire you can just add the spellcaster occult trait back and everything should stay the same.

It looks like you get to keep your motives, powers, weaknesses, dark form and social interactions. You lose your bat themed plumbob and your social vampire rank identification IE no one can see that you are a grand master vampire. You also can't edit the dark form or perks. You get to keep all the aspects of being a spellcaster but you can't see your charge meter.

Overall though it actually works pretty good if you want both.

Here are the cheats you would need:

traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult
    traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult
    Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultVampire

oyNmYN5.png
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Embers guys son reminds me a lot of Gerard Way from MCR. LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    mika wrote: »

I have both an alien/vampire and alien/spellcaster so it DEFINITELY happens. Both were natural births in game with zero mods or cheats and both were born to alien fathers and occult mothers. Not sure why they happen but they do. The vampire/alien is especially buggy in CAS because it can't figure out 3 forms. It would be nice if they could either fix it so they're supported properly or just don't happen. That said though, I love my accidental hybrids, they make for some really powerful sims, especially with that access to erase a sim's memory after my vampire has drank from them or whatever else not so nice I might have had them do.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I noticed a small hybrid glitch myself, one of my previous sim's kids is a spellcaster like her mom, Caleb is her dad. When I clicked on the ground to make her walk there, the "fly here as a bat" option showed up but in grey, saying she didn't have enough vampire powers. You don't say.... :lol:
    Stutum wrote: »
    I noticed a small hybrid glitch myself, one of my previous sim's kids is a spellcaster like her mom, Caleb is her dad. When I clicked on the ground to make her walk there, the "fly here as a bat" option showed up but in grey, saying she didn't have enough vampire powers. You don't say.... :lol:
    @Stutum does she have a thirst meter also?
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @MaggieMarley No, all her needs are human ones, there are no vampire options when I click on her or other sims either, so the bat thing is the only trace of vampirism I've seen on her.
    xCXFblV.png

Finally got my hybrid :)
  • KelsAmber95KelsAmber95 Posts: 1 New Member
    I had a vampire and spellcaster caster have a kid and gave the lot trait to have a higher chance of twins. Both twins have the spellcaster tree to level up and the needs of a vampire. It's pretty awesome and didn't realize it could happen
  • RavenAstraRavenAstra Posts: 1 New Member
    I was soooooo confused. Didn't think it was even possible until I had my kid age up to a Teen. I just thought he got his eyes from his mom. never even thought that he'd be both somehow lol. Both parents were created in CAS. Mom's a vampire and dad's a spellcaster. No dark leyline lot trait either. Literally 100% accidental. Here's a Imgur link to images. He can cast a Familiar and use Magic. Has the Spellcaster perk tree but has Vampire Thirst, Dark Form, and Dark Meditation.

https://imgur.com/a/bZ3e3oM
  • RachelVioletRachelViolet Posts: 1 New Member
    I only play with vampires. It works for what I'm trying to do. My storyline is mostly gameplay based and because vampires don't die with the right traits set, I run into trouble when I see a cool Sim around and pick them as a mate for a vampire. My goal right now is to eco up the whole place by having a bunch of level 10 gardening vampires in the different worlds.

Anyway, I hate spellcasters. They look cool so I end up picking them as random townie mates a lot by accident.

So I have a master vampire (I just restarted the whole game with a new computer), picked a random townie (Simeon?) who looked cool, and he ended up being a spellcaster. The lot was a vampire ley line lot. Very weirdly, I got triplets. It's only the second time in the entire time I have played the Sims 4 I got triplets without desperately trying (giving both people the fertile trait, being on a twin lot, etc.). I just got random triplets.

Funny enough, one was a boy and two were girls. One girl and one boy were identical and one girl was different looking. The two different looking sim toddlers had the spellcaster icon, and the other girl had the vampire one.

I had lots of spellcaster-vamp breeds unintentionally and never got a hybrid but one thing I noticed is that spellcaster traits seem to beat vampire traits almost every time. I actually think this is the first time I even had a vampire baby at all from a spellcaster-vampire parentage and it was one of three triplets on a vamp ley lot like I said. They're almost always spellcasters and I don't want them in my game. Since they aren't hybrids technically all I do is cheat them into humans and then have the Master Vampire mother turn them vamp in their teens. It's annoying, but it does result in nice looking sims.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I get hybrids so often but there's no point to them since they are so buggy (and not supposed to even be possible.) For me mermaids seems to be the easiest hybrid to accidentally get, either mermaid-vampire or mermaid-vampire. Probably because the mermaids don't have any skill trees like the other two.
    My hybrid mermaids always get stuck in their mermaid form after they change into it for the first time after aging up to teen, so I always have to cure them.

I've even gotten alien-servo hybrids, although the only thing I can see/ notice is when the alien (from abduction, I don't use mods) is a toddler they have the robot eyes covering their real ones when you look at the household from the manage household screen or if they are saved to your library. Since alien and servo isn't anything you can cure they're stuck that way.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack