Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 university?

I really want to bring back university for sims or any active schooling without the need for me to use custom content or to "cheat the system" . I would love boarding schools to maybe also be an option that you can actually attend with you child like the families in older sims where asks you which person you wanna play and loads accordingly. just a thought maybe a SIM GURU will spot this and take our ideas on it so drop some ideas you'd love to see for schooling below

Here's what I got so far:
active schools
boarding schools for kids
dorms
college classes and materials/decor to match
maybe a new lifestage? pre-teen and allow them and teenagers to attend active boarding schools

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Can we please fix the game first before breaking it even further. Thank you.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like to have some sort of home schooling or "study from home" option, similar to the Work From Home or Freelance careers. That would make my game a lot more interesting rather than my younger Sims spending 7-8 Sim hours stuck in a rabbit hole.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ashley9483ashley9483 Posts: 116 Member
    I'd like to have some sort of home schooling or "study from home" option, similar to the Work From Home or Freelance careers. That would make my game a lot more interesting rather than my younger Sims spending 7-8 Sim hours stuck in a rabbit hole.

I love that idea!
  • ashley9483ashley9483 Posts: 116 Member
    Oh what if like apartments they have dorms. They could even make it a live in town that you can live in a college town because maybe you’re a professor or a student or just didn’t wanna leave your “glory university days”.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    I hope that there are some some off-campus apartments OR the sims can live at home and commute
    6adMCGP.gif
  • JaimeCJaimeC Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope they do bring us University, as that was one of my favourite parts of the game.

I'd love for them to bring us the typical University pack game play, but maybe also give us community colleges, so your young sims can stay at home but also get a 'higher education'. Older sims could take night classes at their community college to maybe get level boosts in their jobs.

I'd love for the pack to be more of an 'Education' pack, so that they can do the boarding school idea you have suggested, but also bring back private schools and the whole idea of inviting round the headteacher to schmooze him! That was all so great!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    They need to fix the random problems first so that the university students & teachers don't randomly wear terrible tourist clothes & all become spellcasters.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    When Sims watch that University video on TV, it'd be nice if the game pack will have some elements that's shown off; lying on top of your lover on the bed, playing Frisbee etc.
    2quwd7.gif

• VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think from the leaks I've seen that University is definitely coming. I'm really hoping that I can attend class with my sims. I'd love a University that is an away from home world with dorms and apartment living and a whole new theme for my sims that want to do a 4 year college. I'd love to see local community colleges as well as online classes my sims can do in the evenings when off work.

The thing I would LOVE to see is active high school, I'd love to go to high school with my teens for the first time. I think that would give more depth to the teen life stage. School is a huge part of the lives of child to young adult and it would be pretty impressive if they finally opened that up.

Other than that I'd love for them to finally allow us to have an active career as professors. All ages of sims with active school and the teaching/professors active career would be all a University/School ep would need to make it pretty amazing.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I really hope they would put something into the calendar for school holidays. In my calendar I have like a couple weeks for summer break for my kids/teens. A week for Christmas break. A week for Spring break and a few days break for Thanksgiving. It would be nice if I could actually designate those as school holidays somehow. Just maybe put an option for the holiday and let me pick how many days it lasts rather than making one each day. I do play on the longest seasons though and I age sims up myself so maybe that wouldn't work out for those who don't. It would be a nice option though.
    Post edited by Vagenius on
  • t_j_at_j_a Posts: 6 New Member
    I liked the sims 2 university. So much , it was more open. I feel like it had more immersed interactions with schooling then the sims 3 .so thats what i want . also if they come out with a new university id like to have it more interactive then just going to campus . and more wirh reality like courses on the computer and like a difference between college and university. Thats what i like about the sims 4 it more update about life these days . like not everyone can afford going to a big school . and Have more of a option to stay in town or go out of state.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would really benefit from having an optional preschool for toddlers.

Usually I play one or two sims but now I am expanding my horizons and started playing with families. Part time jobs, odd-jobs and school lets me concentrate on different sims at different times since I want all of my sims to have friends and hobbies.

I would like to be able to send the toddler away for a bit during the day if my writer sim is writing a book or gathering plants. I also would like to see homeschooling in the game.

Just being able to influence which sims are are at home would go a long way in making families more enjoyable for me.
  • t_j_at_j_a Posts: 6 New Member
    What vagenius said .