Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 suggestions for different elements and expansion packs

ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
I see so many people asking for essentially sims 3 in the sims 5. But let's assume for the moment, that EA has a change of heart and decides to go all out on the sims 5 base game, so that it feels like a complete base game with most of the things that we have already seen to make room for fun new ideas that actually expand the game. At the moment it feels like when EA releases a base game it's so bare that they leave no room for new ideas because everyone is demanding for the expansion ("base") game packs to make the game whole first before they can think about wanting other packs to 'expand' the game.

So let's assume the base game already has the following: Open world, seasons/weather, basic pets, laundry, open world, cars, and maybe even a college rabbit hole (A rabbit hole for college wouldn't be too much to ask for a base game right?). Different areas like a city, suburban areas, rich, middle class and poor. Beaches, dessert, hills and forests. You can go shopping for clothes, groceries, get haircuts, go to the library, cafe's and restaurants. There are private schools, you can own and run your own businesses and restaurants.

Let's just say for arguments sake that EA creates this awesome Sims 5 base game. What would you include to the game that's new?

What I would include is below. Feel free just to read the bullet points. I know this post is an essay.

Different Expansion pack ideas: (Some have of course been suggested elsewhere and some are from this site: https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Expansion-Pack-Ideas)
- UNDER THE SEA: Which would include everything to do with water. Boating, sailing, surfing, canoeing, scuba diving (Where you can see
everything under the sea), Boat houses, boat parties, paddle boarding.
- Get FARMING: Could include having chickens, cows, sheep, owning a paddock where you can race horses, or do show jumping, or open
horse riding lessons for sims once your skills of horse riding is a certain level. Option also to hire workers for your farm.
- AT THE ZOO, with option to work in the zoo career.
- FUN PARKS: Circuses, amusement parks. (You can build your own, or maybe even run your own circus).
- OUTER SPACE game pack (Maybe even can have a new world on mars).
- FIRST RESPONDERS: A active career pack that includes firefighters, police and Paramedics. But I would like these careers really hands on and active. Like the police has to actually chase and fight criminals too.
- Get SUPER: Superhero and villain game pack: Read more in the link above.

Elements I would include:
1. I would like to see a more modern world this time around.
2. Options to make things more challenging. i.e. Always optional or with cheats, so everyone can play how they want.
3. Different career and school systems.
4. Starting a new family with choosing different challenge levels (1. Ability to buy house. 2. Ability to rent a house. 3. Homeless).
5. Having somewhere to put your money when you're rich. This is mostly about having a property career though.
6. Illness system: Not just random.
7. Gaining additional traits, interests and fears.
8. Teaching toddlers to swim/Toddlers can swim with floaties.
9. Community events.

I will discuss the elements I would like in more detail if you want to read in a post below. This post is already ridiculously long.

Comments

• ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Here are my elements I want to see in the sims 5 in more detail:

3. I would like a different career and school system. Things have gotten too simplistic in the sims 4.
    - School System, children & teens:
    - Private schools: Are expensive, unless a child gets a scholarship. They have uniforms. They offer more activities than public schools.
    Activities and clubs increase certain skills and it goes on students future resumes (I'll explain later). Examples of school activities
    and clubs could be band practice and learning an instrument, drama club, robotics club, coding clubs, sports clubs, simmers newsletter.
    - Other activities children and teens can be apart of outside of school could be joining scouts and volunteering (With different options,
    including going over to elderly houses and helping out and hanging with them).
    - Career System and resumes:
    - For everything I say below there should be an option to cheat to get past these obstacles for those simmers who want.
    - In order to get a career job (Not part time jobs or small jobs) a sim needs a degree and a resume.
    - Resumes help to get a job and start at a higher level. A sim needs a certain amount of activity/club or achievement points on their
    resume from their life to get career jobs. For example joining school clubs/volunteering, winning competitions to get achievement
    points all add to the resume. They may also need to do certain things within the career they're going for, for example going in a
    journal career they must have a certain skill level, have published a certain amount of articles, or read a certain number of books
    For a cooking career maybe they need to have won in a cooking competition. The better the resume the higher starting position and
    starting pay, or better chance you can successfully ask for higher pay.
    - If you don't have a degree, enough on your resume, and or the requirements for the career you want. You can get an interview for the
    job
    you want to increase chances of being hired (Having good hygiene, and dressing formal will help). Other things that can get you the job
    anyway could be having charisma skill and convincing the person to higher you anyway. Or a sim can also try bribe the boss (Doesn't
    always work, But will always work in the criminal career). You can choose to get a job through having an interview even if you have the
    qualifications, but you have to do a lot less to convince the boss to higher you. i.e. Every requirement you have for the job makes it a
    little easier to get the job in the interview. So if you have nothing it's going to take a lot of schmoozing.

4. When starting a new family: Choosing 3 different challenge levels.
    - 1 (easy): Start with enough money to buy and own a house. (Can also have the option to pick a college degree for adult sims to start with).
    - 2: Start with enough money to rent a house.
    - 3: Start with no house or lot. Starting in a park. In this level Sims can drink from park water fountains/bubblers, and can get food from
    rummaging through bins, eating people's leftovers from park tables, stealing people's food, or picking fruit off trees. Sims can make
    money through selling fruit they pick or fish they have caught (I would like an option to go to the supermarket to sell them, possibly for
    a little more profit. Sell flowers. There should be an option again to arrange them into bouquets, and sell them to sims on the street.
    Higher skills make better bouquets, and should be able to make them without an object. Can also make money through rummaging
    through dump sites for objects to fix up and sell (or keep and use). But won't be able to place certain objects until can afford to rent a
    place. Simmers can also make money through getting basic jobs, although places won't hire a sim who smells, so better take a bath in a
    lake, or a beach, or the park fountain.

5. Have somewhere to put your money when families get rich:
    - Buy property, renovate and create houses to sell on the market via auctions, or rent them out (buy advertisements to attract Sims to the
    Auction. Hold open for inspection days (where you can convince Sims to become interested or to make an offer (Charisma skill
    would come in handy here) - You may not always get the price that makes you break even.
    - Be able to split how every much of your finances you want, when Sims move out.
    - Donate/fund/start a charity (Can make advertisements, put adds in mailboxes, go door knocking to ask for donations, hold fundraiser
    events).

6. Illness system: Behaviours and decisions should have health risks.
    - E.g. "Working hard" all the time, not sleeping enough (or being exhausted all the time), eating unhealthy, being stressed, not keeping
    hygiene.
    - Eating off food or poor quality might give you food poisoning for 24 hours.
    - Sims should get the flu, not want to get out of bed, feel like lying down, throw up, get itchy rashes, get a stomachache, headache.
    - Sims should go to a doctor to get diagnosed, and sometimes receive medication.
    - Some medication could have side effects, like drowsiness, redness, itching etc. Maybe the doctor will tell you to take a day off and rest
    (don't do strenuous things).
    - Being out in the cold, not dressed warmly will increase likelihood of getting sick.
    - Sims that are sick are not going to be able to work at their job as well, they won't be able to work out for as long and won't get the most
    out of their workout. Eating some foods may make them nauseous and throw up, they may tire easier. They may not be as focused on a
    task, or do as well at a skill that they normally would.
    - Close interactions such as kissing, hugging, or cooking food for other sims whilst you have some illnesses may spread the illness.
    - Healthier Sims who are not as stressed, sleep, eat and exercise will be less likely to get ill, even from other sick sims.
    - But Sims shouldn't also be getting sick all the time like in the Sims 4. There should also be an option to turn off illnesses.

7. Additional traits, interests, and fears:
    - Developed from doing something a lot.
    - E.g. You spend a lot of time outside, you will get the love the outdoors traits. Or remove the Hate the outdoors trait.
    - You will get the Loner trait for having no friends outside of family members growing up.
    - Become a bookworm from reading lots of books.
    Fears:
    - Fears can be developed from traumatic experiences. E.g. a sim has a fear of storms if as a child in a storm a tree next to their house
    caught on fire. Or there was a house fire when they were young and so now they are scared or candles, fireplaces, fire, ect. If they saw
    someone die they could become scared of death and ghosts. If a child sim almost drowns or see's someone drown may hate baths, pools,
    swimming, ect. To get rid of a fear sims could drink a special drink or something.

9. Community events:
    - Local competitions
    - Free concerts in the park
    - Festivals
    - Kids puppet shows in the park.
    - Protests
    - Fun runs.
    - Community free fitness class in the park.
    - Movie at the park/beach (Thursday through Sunday nights in summer)
    - Fairs.
    - Street markets (Can run and purchase your own stall) (Wednesday nights, and Saturdays)
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I like the way you bring up fears. Until now I’ve been thinking of fear as an emotion, but now I’m thinking of a fear more as a phobia. I can imagine a TS4 Phobia game pack now, with the possibility to become afraid of something (ghosts, death, filth, water) and the potential to get therapy to cope with fears. I may have to start an ideas corner post
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Taken from one of my older threads... The Sims 5 ideas pool :smile:

This is just a collection of ideas for us to put together for a possible TS5, if and when it comes out.

Life stages:
    All life stages should be included:
    Baby (real babies, not objects)
    Toddlers (could we go through the lack of toddlers again)
    Children (Keep them like they are)
    Pre teens (why not)
    Teenagers (With their own height & voice)
    Young Adults (Make them look very slightly younger than Adults)
    Adults (No change needed)
    Elders (With their own walk, wrinkles and voice)

World:
    Open World only, no silly loading screens. If it worked in 2009, it will work in the future
    Allow us to add lots of any size and edit the world as we wish
    Make it look like GTA but without the violence lol

Gameplay:
    Keep it cool like TS1, TS2 & TS3 style with charm and humour
    Leave out angry poops

Traits and Aspirations/ Lifetime wishes
    Make Traits & Lifetime wishes like TS3 & Aspirations like TS2

Careers:
    Bring back all basic careers as well as options for part time work and for teens to work their own hours to fit in with school

Careers should be:
    Business
    Police
    Medical
    Education
    Culinary
    Journalism
    Politics
    Criminal
    Military
    Sports

Part time:
    Grocery Store
    Grave Digger (why not)
    Bookstore

Teens:
    Same as adults but part time as well as part time jobs

Community Lots:
    Rabbit holes for workplaces like TS3 but an option to edit them
    Park
    Library
    Swimming Pool
    Gym
    Fishing Spot
    Beach
    Bar/ Hangout

Pets:
    Include in base game this time.
    Maybe just dogs and cats and add other animals in later EPs

Weather:
    Basic weather like rain and mild storms.
    Add more weather in later EPs

NPCs:
    Maid
    Gardner
    Repair man/woman
    Police
    Fire
    Mail Delivery
    Newspaper Delivery
    Burglar
    Pizza
    Humour (Tragic Clown, Social Bunny or something new)

Build Mode:
    Everything that TS3 has but some of the new stuff from TS4, like different wall heights
    CASt (Bring it back in TS3 style)

CAS
    The best of all of them.
    Bring back sliders

Extras:
    Option to transfer Sims from one game to TS5, restoring family relationships and match skills where possible
    Option to transfer lots from one game to TS5 and copy textures and colours into the new CASt to save me having to rebuild my lots
    Option to transfer worlds from one game to TS5 matching roads and where to place lots and spawners to save me having to spend years rebuilding

PR & forums
    Regular presence of Gurus on the forums, asking for feedback & mention of bugs.
    Bugs to be fixed when the are apparent, and apologies for those who are getting them
    Game to be play tested
    Forum user has to own a copy of TS5 to join forum to prevent constant troll attacks
    One month's membership before one can share images, links & start PMs to prevent troll attacks
    The 'Rockstar Attitude' for making the game great

Developer:
    Someone who has passion for The Sims, many of the members of this forum can apply
    Someone who follows the 'Will Wright Vision'
    Someone like me :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    @ari100 at this point in time I don't see myself buying Sims 5 due to the lack of gameplay is Sims 4 but if Sims 5 is anything like your ideas, I would definitely buy it. Your ideas really take me back to Sims 2 & 3 when the game was better and had depth/personality/replayability. Everything you mentioned is honestly how I wish the current version was.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    One of the things that I would like to add to this conversation that I have considered making a separate thread for (but find this thread a good place to state it) is to 'borrow' one of the features that is in City Skylines (although largely unexplored by me) is an ability to have worlds that are capable of being 'themed' - in that a single 'world' could be chosen to be loaded with an Asian aesthetic, a Future one, a 'Run-Down' one, an 'Americana' one (such as we currently have), completely empty, or whatever, and have that possibility then be expanded upon with pack releases. I feel that so much could be done with this kind of a system, and could have the potential to make such a wide swath of players Happy with the built-in capability to customize any world space the way they want.

At least when I daydream about a more replete 'Your Game, Your Way' system, that is what I think about...
  • BlueGentryBlueGentry Posts: 13 New Member
    I would like to see something that allows for underwater exploration or starting an underwater colony. Maybe even a moon or Mars colony.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    my ideas are these

retro content 1950 1960 1970 1980 1990 2000 to now including furniture and appliance washers and dryers Top load and front load (*for the topload go with retro content) clothes of the mention years carpets floors cars to name a few
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BlueGentryBlueGentry Posts: 13 New Member
    I would like more supernaturals, but some of them could still be unlocked in world packs. You could find bigfoot from an outdoor pack, a yeti while visiting a ski lodge, a medusa in a temple ruin, or a kitsune in a Japanese tea house; then bring them home with you.

The way they did Vampires and Realm of Magic makes sense to me as separate packs in a way that a separate pack for werewolves would not.

If they decided that Fairies would be a pack, it should include mystical pets and locations. Maybe have a house you must grow and form like a bonsai tree or a mushroom house that you must constantly remove pieces so it maintains its shape. Houses could be intelligent with their own traits and change in a way that conflicts with your sim: you could train it or fight with it. Cars could be replaced by pumpkin carriages, dragons, and centaurs. Add Satyrs and Rock Trolls as playable characters. Create illusions to look like other characters. Have more fairy wing options like bee, dragonfly, butterfly, or moth versions - perhaps just bird wings like raven, dove, or parrot.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    1. Weather in the Base Game: Even if seasons are still an expansion, basic rainy, sunny, and cloudy weather in the base should be in.

2. Base Game Supernaturals: Make a magic skill (a skill this time, not a non-mixable lifestate), aliens,ghosts, werewolves, and vampires unlockable through player-initiated actions in the base game. You know, like in TS2, where you wouldn't get abducted by aliens unless you used the fancy telescope. For unleashing magical beings, there would be something where you break an ancient seal for each one to activate them in your game, and the magic skill would be unlocked by deciding to try out a spell from some ancient tome. More supernatural stuff could be added later (with the packs all involving unlocking their respective creatures or keeping them locked and just using the Build/Buy stuff...because there are people who want that...for some reason...).

3. No Limits on Child Activities: If you want your Child sim to learn how to cook, they should be able to learn from the T.V., books, the computer, and cooking together with a grown-up or Teen sibling. If you want your Child to play the guitar, they should be able to play the guitar. If you want you Child to paint on an easel instead of using the craft table, they should be able to paint on an easel. If you want your Child to start learning programing, they should be able to start learning programing. Separating Children from Teens and Adults by the things they CAN'T do is a boring way to differentiate them. Separating Children from older sims with special interactions like playing Tag or Cops and Robbers and with unique animations and AI tuning is a much better and more fun way to do it.

3. Make Babies DO STUFF: On the subject of making lifestages more fun, if Babies are going to be freed from the crib once more, make them actually do stuff in the game...you know, besides crying, sleeping, and squirming. Have them crawl around on the floor when you set them down. Have them put stuff in their mouths all the time. Have them be able to learn how to sit up and scoot themselves along the floor on their little bums. Have them show different levels of fussiness, cheerfulness, clinginess, and independence. Have them react differently to different sims depending on their relationship levels. Have them do the comedy pee jet thing sometimes when they're getting their diapers changed. You know, make them interesting to watch and play with instead of just being dollbabies that are nice to look at and not much else.

4. All the Controls!: I want to be able to set the overall lifespan of my sims, the length of each life stage to the day, what the game can and cannot do with and to my sims while I'm off playing another household, the starting funds for each household as I make them, whether or not I want starting skills for each sim and what those skills will be and what the levels of those skills will be, relationship decay rates, autonomy levels, full manual control over deleting or maintaining relationships in the relationship panel...ALL THE CONTROLS!! There can be pre-sets for easy set-up and ease-of-use for those who are new to the franchise or aren't as concerned with those sorts of things, but there should also be in-depth controls for more advanced players too.

5. A Better Fight System: First, let the cartoon fight cloud be optional. Next, let's get a Fighting skill, with different animations for the sims depending on their individual level of skill. Speaking of animations, if the fight cloud is off, I'd like to see more dynamic fight animations, like an action/martial arts movie...because that would be dope as heck.

That's my top 5.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I'm a total Sims 2 fanboy, and I don't really trust Maxis or whatever they're calling themselves these days with Sims games anymore, but I got to thinking. If they did make a Sims 5, why not combine personality points with traits? Have both. Why was this not implemented in The Sims 4? Best of both worlds.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I Really want a Music Festival pack just think down & dirty camping, long drops, overpriced under cooked food from food stalls getting drunk in the camp site and of course the music all culminating in an a log game lasting positive mood.

I would also like to see Hight school graduation and Prom / after party also the possibility to build things like hospitals and and active schools and teachers.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I like this CAS.
    Bring back vechiles, firemen, burglars and npc police.
    Lifestage
    Baby, Toddlers, Child, Preteen, teen, ya, adult, middle-aged, and elder.
    Open neighborhood if we can't have open world.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Yeah, many of us want Sims 5 for be similar to Sims 3, but better. 64 bits, open world, better graphics, CASt, more realistic sims and hairs, preteens.

Now when most computers have SSD's, multi core processors, good graphics cards and 16 GB RAM is standard, I see no reason why we can't have open worlds and more realistic looking sims.

An auxiliary program I would like to see is one that can convert sims from Sims 3 to Sims 5. Then you could get a sim with the same basic features, and maybe tweak them a little, and import them to your game. I would love to be able to continue playing my current sims in Sims 5. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I'm sorry, of all the things I would like in TS5, TS3 style sims is the last thing, they were unfortunate looking creatures. Sorry. I absolutely would not mind sims looking realistic, but TS3 wasn't that. I know, unpopular opinion.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Good Morning Simmers! and everyone at maxis, don't get me wrong please, i love the sims, but it would be nice to see heavier snowstorms, thunderstorms, and please make it so my sims don't freeze to death in winter, and don't die from the heat. thank you :)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    It would be cool if there was a companion app. Doesn’t have to have every feature, but sometimes I wish I could do a few basics without having to load up my computer.